"A Winter's Tale" Weekly Quests

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Dec 2, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

FAQ
    SOS

Each week complete a new quest with different event items to earn special prizes.

Note: Each of the Event items will only be able to planted/donated during the week of the associated quest.

Every player will receive the "Ice Skating" base giver when logging in during the Event. Earn upgrades by completing each of the 4 Quests.

A Winter's Tale Quest 1

Starts: Tuesday, 3rd of December at 14:00 CEST (UTC 1)
    Ends: Sunday, 8th of December at 22:00 CEST (UTC 1)

Minimum Main Level 65

Note: Some steps are timed tasks!

Event Drop: Work Glove

You have a medium chance of receiving these drops while harvesting your Green Meadow and Magical Glade, from stables and workshops only.

Quest 1 - Needs

450 Work Gloves
    79 Cheese
    51 Woolly Sweaters
    50 Paw Pops
    54 Potteries
    74 Ladders

A Winter's Tale Quest 2

Starts: Monday, 9th of December at 14:00 CEST (UTC 1)
    Ends: Sunday, 15th of December at 22:00 CEST (UTC 1)

Minimum level 3

Event Crop: Frosty Woolflower
    Time: 6 hours
    Plantable on the main bahamarama field only!

Event Drop: Tropical Slushy
    You have a high chance of receiving these drops while harvesting your main Bahamarama field, from crops only.
    Quest 2 - Needs

430 Tropical Slushies
    9950 Frosty Woolflowers
    850 Ginger
    1,250 Cactus
    2,500 Pepper
    5,000 Passion Fruits

A Winter's Tale Quest 3

Starts: Monday, 16th of December at 14:00 CEST (UTC 1)
    Ends: Sunday, 22nd of December at 22:00 CEST (UTC 1)

Minimum level 28

Event Crop: Holly
    Time: 6 hours
    Plantable on the Magical Glade only!

Event Item: Festive Wreath

You will receiving these drops while harvesting your Elves Workshop.

Receive the Elves Workshop when completing Step 2, Silver task.

Elves Workshop

[​IMG]

Gives: 1000 EP 1 Festive Wreath 5 units of Manure
    Requires to be fed: 1 Sheep feed (1 oat, 1 corn, 1 plum) 300 Hollies
    Time: 1 minute Size: 2x2
    Placeable on the 3 main lands only.

Note:
    No revenue buffs/bonuses work on this event workshop. It cannot be placed in the Manufactory.

The Elves Workshop will be removed from the Game at the end of Quest.

Quest 3 - Needs

28 Festive Wreaths (28 Sheep feed (28 oats, 28 corns, 28 plums) 300* 28 = 8,400 Hollies
    500 Spinach
    500 Broccoli
    400 Garlic
    500 Asparagus
    400 Hazelnuts
    800 Radishes
    1,495 Hollies
    500 Cabbages
    500 Peppermint
    800 Peas

A Winter's Tale Quest 4

Starts: Monday, 23rd of December at 14:00 CEST (UTC+1)
    Ends: Tuesday, 31st of December at 22:00 CEST (UTC+1)

Minimum level 3 (51 to continue in step 5)

Event Drop: Gingerbread House

You have a high chance of receiving these drops while harvesting your Main field and Bahamarama field, from stables and workshops only.

You will receive 1 x Gingerbread House with each breeding harvested!

Quest 4 - Needs

1,230 Gingerbread Houses
    140 Dragonfruits
    80 Almonds
    80 Dates
    140 Mangoes
    80 Oranges
    80 Walnuts
    140 Cocoa Beans
    80 Plums
    80 Apples

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  2. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Thanks so much for doing the amounts SahraB. :)I'm doing this only on Cassie.
    54 cooking pots - each one takes 40 hours to make without upgrades, that is going to be tough :cry::cry:

I get it, I'll wait until my cooking pots are almost ready before starting the timer:D:D

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I normally like to complete these Christmas events under my own steam, so it breaks my soul a little bit to have purchased all the products required, but since these are the only events I go all in on I really want to complete them, and there's no chance I can make all the required products in time. Everything else I can do myself, so I just have to make peace with the fact that I've "cheated" (not really, but feels like it) my way through the first quest.

Edit: I misinterpreted the FAQ. When it says timed task, I thought it meant we had to complete a timed task in addition to donating x number of products. In reality I believe it means we have that many hours to produce that many products. I will wait until the event starts to see whether I can use my purchased products or not (I suspect not), but I imagine a lot of what I bought will end up back on the market. I will only be completing the first level of each timed task - I simply do not have the resources to do everything. Very disappointed given I wait all year just for the Christmas events. I hardly do any of the others. I only spent 39 million CCs buying all the required products...:wuerg:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  4. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

o_Oo_O

cooking pots??

I just want Merry Ice Skating. I'm going to do my whole strategy accordingly. I'm sure everyone here will make a strategy based on the rewards they want to receive.

Merry Ice Skating
    (9 upgrade curtains applied)
    [​IMG]
    Gives: 17800 EP / TEP, 6 x Crate O' Wintery Treats II, 40% extra EP / TEP from givers for 3 hours
    Time: 22 hours

5. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

Thank you SahraB for pulling together all those numbers. As always, a great help! :)
    Hope to finish this event. :music: On the Magical Glade I have,

10 candy factories - for level 2, silver and gold - feed again for diamond
    6 sweater shops - for level 4, silver and gold - feed again for diamond
    6 pottery shops - for level 4, silver and gold - feed again for diamond
    10 ladder factories - for level 6, silver and gold - feed again for diamond
    14 cheese factories - for level 6, silver and gold - feed again for diamond

For levels 3, 5, and 7, I already have the products.
    I will only need 45 gloves for levels 1, 3, and 5 (15 each) silver to proceed to the next level.
    Then the hunt for gloves is on!! 8)

6. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) I think those are Potteries from Anacondas - which take a short time to make. At least I HOPE they are!!:p

7. farmerlily22

farmerlily22 Forum Master

o_O I hope so too, and that will not be so bad! Im extremely limited on both my farms , as Im so far behind on my stocking barns and feed, but im looking forward to getting my "gloves" dirty trying each one:)

8. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I was going to give this a miss, then thought a bit more, read this thread but, having again looked at the prizes on offer, I will definitely ( :p ) not be participating. I am torn between carrying on with FSQs requiring plants and putting out stables and workshops* to sell produce on the Market. Oh, decisions, decisions! :wuerg:
    * This may encourage me to actually do the event after all! xD
    Good luck all! ;)

Edit: I may have changed my mind ... :eek:

9. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

:oops:
    In the post 'what are these baskets for' in the basket directly above the gloves is a basket with cooking pots in.
    I would dearly like to be wrong :oops::oops:pots from the anaconda would be so much easier.

10. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I can't see any cooking pots in that image :oops:

But if you check out the OA for the baskets for this event, the medium one contains a pottery shop (for anacondas).

11. squigglegiggle

I think Mir is saying (correctly) that the quests ask for anaconda pottery, not donkey cookwares (as suggested by Cassie)

farmlily3, KaiCat33, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  12. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Oh ! I did not go through the strategy thread fully. Thanks squigglegiggle for pointing it out. Sorry Mir. Like you said it is potteries not cooking pots. Will change my above post. Deleted it as it is irrelevant.

13. illy1996

I messed up too, One-Two. I thought the drops came from the Main and Green Meadow fields. Now I have to wait till some thing is ready on my Green Meadow for two more Work Gloves ... but no, thank you to two lovely neighbours, I have the first 15 Work Gloves so now I am only waiting for my Candy Factories to mature! Yippee, I'm off the mark! :D

14. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

I don't know why but I always forget how to do these timed events can i harvest my workshop before the timer is up? and how does the game know if it came from inventory or an actual workshop.....using squiggle's dilemna as an example? Thank you for putting together the numbers for us Sarah! Enjoy and Have fun!

farmlily3, Nala777, SahraB and 3 others like this.
  15. illy1996

FarmerMolly: When the Workshops are ready to harvest, start the timer and then harvest. This way, you only need to put out half the Workshops needed if you don't have the full number for products required. :)
    Don't worry, the game will know, the game always knows! o_O

16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Holy Camoly! Not donkey pots - anaconda pottery pots!

I am doing what I can on this one. It's all month long, and I am so very busy plus the dog and the mother both take my attention at this point in time. I'm just waiting for another shoe to drop in RL - everything comes in threes - the dog has seizures, my mother now has trigeminal neuralgia, so one more neurological something is coming my way...

And I see they are starting with the quests I hate the most - timed quests for products. Ugh.

baw815, farmlily3, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  17. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I'm not doing this event. I haven't unlocked a couple of the Baha items, and don't have two of the workshops. Mainly because I don't have the animals to stock them.

I'm struggling a bit IRL due to family changes. I know they come with time, but I'm still have a bit of difficulty dealing. So for this month I'm going to open stockings, grow animal food crops and take it easy. No goals, just play to de-stress at the end of the day. Plus hang out here and chat with you all. :)

18. squigglegiggle

Got through the first level no problem, now waiting for my candy factories to finish. Didn't have enough lynxes to get the paw pops producing overnight, so I've fed them first thing this morning and now just waiting for them to be done. I think my new aim is to get through the first level of each timed section, fill everything else, then go back at the end and see how much more I can complete with what resources and time I have left. Re-sell whatever I have left of my foolish purchases - I'm not short on cash, but it still pains me to see my CC balance depleted by nearly 40 million and I have a compulsive urge to earn it all back ASAP!

19. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Does anyone know if we can be doing 2 timed levels at time? (i.e. paw pops and then the pottery/ladders.)

Cassie101, farmlily3, Nala777 and 2 others like this.
  20. squigglegiggle

No. Progression to future levels is contingent upon completion of previous levels. That is, you have to complete the paw pops timed level to progress to the paw pops/winter gloves non-timed level, and completion of that level then permits you to progress to the pottery timed level. However, you can of course have all those required pens/workshops maturing so that they're ready and waiting for when you do reach the required level.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.