Feedback "A Winter's Tale" Weekly Quests

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by teddy.bear, Dec 4, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

weeklyqIdec2019_news.png
    Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "A Winter's Tale" Weekly Quests in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the quests can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I like this event, but I am in the fortunate position of being over level 65 and therefore able to participate. For players under level 65, they cannot take part in quest 1.

It is Christmas. It is a time for generosity, inclusion and respect. Nothing screams those qualities like excluding lower level players from events (level 65 isn't even that low. Some players have been here for years but progress slowly.) I simply do not understand the logic behind deciding some players just aren't allowed to participate. "Hey, loyal players, thanks for playing our game, but you're only actually allowed to take part if you're at a high level! Sorry! Haha Merry Christmas!"

Your primary goal seems to be money. At all costs. You're willing to stomp on your loyal players to get it. Well fine - but do you not think that allowing your players to be involved might make them more willing to pay you? Why on earth do you think excluding all these players is going to endear your company to them?

I am honestly astonished that after all these years you still haven't considered actually treating your players with some respect. Shame on you.

1Kay58, Sue46, 1msech2006 and 3 others like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am enjoying this event, though the prizes aren't spectacular, I liked having to work out the strategy on the timed tasks. :D

Squiggle, I am in agreement with you that events should have something for all levels but I don't understand why those under level 65 can't participate in this one ... am I missing something? :oops:

4. squigglegiggle

@illy1996

If you look under the list of requirements for Quest 1 in the FAQ, you will see that it says "minimum level 65". I assume this means something within the requirements for the first quest is only available from level 65 onwards.

007Farming and Cassie101 like this.
  5. illy1996

Oh, okay ... I looked at the main level limit (Level 3 )towards the top of the FAQ. I can't imagine what is not available to under level 65 - Frogs, Llamas, Lynx and Mice are all available before that level. I think maybe that might have been a mistake in the FAQs. :oops:

007Farming and Cassie101 like this.
  6. squigglegiggle

It would be interesting to see whether there are actually players below level 65 who have full access to the quest. The closest I can think is that the crops required to feed the lynxes aren't available until level 49, but that's a far cry from 65.

1msech2006 and 007Farming like this.
  7. illy1996

And we can buy lynx or ... :wuerg: ... feed them PF if we are really keen to do the event. o_O
    It's a mystery Squiggle. :D

007Farming likes this.
  8. squigglegiggle

'Tis indeed :D

007Farming likes this.
  9. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

For week one I really enjoy the timed quest. The choice of what is needed was also good. If I had fewer workshops I would have had to use power fed but it would still not be excessive.

10. illy1996

I did ask in General Issues why under level 65's were excluded from this event and, as there doesn't seem to be any obvious reason, I am going to agree fully with Squiggle and say that it is unfair especially for a seasonal event. :(

1msech2006, baw815 and Cassie101 like this.
  11. 1msech2006

1msech2006 Forum Inhabitant

My level is now in the 140s and I do have access to all the event items needed. However I do not believe even at my level I could or would even want to try to do this quests. The amounts needed of processed products is ridiculous time wise, cc wise (spending ccs instead of making the product), and gift wise. I am not doing this event. The event is both unfair to all players and ridiculous. Shame to not have an enjoyable event for the whole month of Dec................Merry Christmas everyone.....sure wish BP had created a better event for the Holiday.

farmlily3 and Sue46 like this.
  12. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

I am NOT happy about this week's quest only being plantable on the Magical Glade. We have the Bahamarama fields open! We have an event field not being used! Why on earth does this event plant have to be limited only to the glade, which most of us use for the items that receive BENEFITS on the glade, like stables and trees!?!? C'mon BP, doesn't anyone who does development for this game actually PLAY it???

Unicornslady and farmlily3 like this.
  13. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

I do not like that this quest III was set on the Magical Glade. BP will not place all events are the playfield but has at least partly corrected the problem by only using one field and sometimes 2. My point is that it should always be the same 1 or 2 fields -- there is no reason to change them. This only makes us tear up our fields. I set up my Magical Glade with Jumbo trees, Neon pens, Buildings and some of the new pens. I do not want to delete a building that holds 8 neon pens so that I can plant an event crop. when you changed it to 1 field only it looks as if you had corrected the problem but needless to say that was too good to be true and someone messed things up.

Please correct this problem and either use the playfield or use the Main Field and if 2 are needed the Green Meadow.
    On the Tropical lands use the Plantation and if 2 are needed use the Rainforest. Save Crystal Falls and the Magical Glade for regular farming.

I know I should have complained when the event FAQ came out but I was focusing on other things at the time.

FrootloopGrove and Unicornslady like this.
  14. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) I agree with Laurelei and nm56! I no longer do very many Quests due to the constant tearing up of our fields....ESPECIALLY the Magical Glade where most of the permanent things reside.

It cannot be said enough: WHY DO WE HAVE AN EVENT FIELD IF IT IS NOT BEING USED???
    Like so many others, I am tired of tearing up my farm!!-.-

15. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

While I will say that the holly event plant is very possibly my very favorite of all time and I was happy to see it come back... I have to also agree with all of the complaints above. I have very, very much been enjoying these events that use only one field at a time, but when we have the event field just sitting there inactive.... can we at least ALWAYS use the same field, so that we can plan around it? Much like when MM used to be held only on the main field. I do appreciate, immensely, the ability for us to farm regularly and still complete events. That has been WONDERFUL these past few events. But when you have TWO events going that use TWO main farm fields... that's a little unfair. But again - I love the holly and wish we could keep it....

FrootloopGrove and Unicornslady like this.
  16. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Thank you all for the feedback provided!

Best regards,
    teddy.bear

~ closing thread ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.