About Tools

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Cardiavolo, Jul 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardiavolo

Cardiavolo Forum Greenhorn

So, I'm new to the game, and I want to get some roof tiles and bricks for the bakery quest. Are there any crops that give a lot of those in particular? I'm level 64.

2. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

You could look at crops in the Crop Refinery and see which one will increase the likelihood of receiving those tools.
    The giver Mythic Cerebus will give you 15 random tools.

Cardiavolo likes this.
  3. Cardiavolo

Um, what is Mythic Cerebus? How do I get tools from that? Is that a refinement as well?

4. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@Cardiavolo From what I gathered after 3 months of playing this game, players are muddled about the drops received from harvests.
    Here are my experiences for collecting tools so far.
    As a fairly new player, if you are willing to spend some dosh in this game, then buy a Chicken Egg pet that will generate ten random tools every 12hrs. I bought one when I was around level 70 or 80.
    You can find this pet via shopping centre under the Pet tab --Red Shopping Basket icon on the left side of your screen will take you to the game shop.
    If you are willing to wait, there will be sales in the game, but I am not sure how often the sales happen per year, and perhaps you could collect this pet at a reduced price.
    If Pirate Cove is available to you at your level, then check it daily for sales there. I am not sure a pet will pop up there at a slightly reduced price. Occasionally I do see toolboxes for sale in Pirate Cove.
    Also look into completing two FS quests to collect trophies that will increase your chances of drops. Quests are Farming Contest and Country Fair.
    Have you access to the Wisdom Tree on the Glade Field at your level? There is a rune in the Wisdom Tree to unlock to trade in the trophies you've collected, this will give you a higher percentage of drop chances. The rune is named Living Legend, somewhere high on the canopy. I am still working on collecting the last three trophies.
    There is a rune somewhere in the middle of the tree you can unlock to receive toolboxes.
    Lots of other FS quests will give you toolboxes as rewards, you just have to pick and choose which ones you want to fulfill to collect these toolboxes.
    Toolboxes are rewarded in the Season event if you are attempting this.
    Check your daily login and collect free gifts from Fuzzles, sometimes toolboxes can be collected here too.
    There will be mini-events in the game as you progress for selling tools and toolboxes.
    You can always try your luck playing events and collect toolboxes.
    I found this is a game of patience. If you are time poor and can't wait to collect tools over time, then you can always resort to spend and buy toolboxes from the game shop.
    Last but not least, ask your neighbours to exchange free daily gifts of toolboxes.
    A lot of info here, hope you can digest it all! ;)
    Have a farmatastic journey building your farm! :)

I am curious too, I'm @lv98 and have not come across this Mythic Cerebus. How did you get it?

Last edited by moderator: Jul 18, 2020
    Cardiavolo likes this.
  5. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

It seems that crops in the middle range usually give better and more tools than the quick ones. So you'll get more with a field of Rosemary than a field of Wheat.

Just my opinion after roughly a year and a half of farming. :)

Cardiavolo likes this.
  6. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

This was part of the Mythic series of givers which could be won on the Party Wheel. Unfortunately, this series can no longer be won.

ctindaldavies, Lyddy and sanddollar15 like this.
  7. Cardiavolo

Thanks a lot for the information, I bought the chicken pet from the shop yesterday, and I'll try reaching those Wisdom Tree runes after I'm done with the Magical Glade Lot runes. As for the trophy quests, I've been doing them as much as possible since I started, I have a total of 15% bonus from the two trophies so far.

I'll try planting more of the 4-8 hours range crops for tools then, thank you for letting me know :)

Lyddy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.