Feedback Alice in Tumbleland

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Jan 29, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Alice in Tumbleland" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Once again I have to disappoint the Game Team. I seriously want to express my opinion AFTER participating in the event but due to the design of the event mechanics I won't even start it. The mechanics used, take too many playfields being occupied with Event Crops only for way too much time -provided I'll be able to harvest in time- to make it even somewhat enjoyable. The Game Team handing out tiny rewards to those who wish to participate has been mentioned before. All makes this just another easy-to-skip-event.

swCactus1, 1msech2006, Jazac and 3 others like this.
  3. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

I'm skipping this one too. Too much too soon, after the event that has just finished!! We need at least a day or three before the next farm-disrupting 'event'.

Please go back and read all the complimentary comments in the Feedback of the birthday event...and you will see what sort of Events attract us to do them. This one is not very compelling.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    swCactus1, Jazac and Sue46 like this.
  4. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

I think for the most part the EVENT LAYOUTS needs to change. In other words, the way BP needs to make money off each and every event. Which to me, is the reason behind back to back events.
    Instead of making things(events) hard to really help with sells. Or instead of offering good items to those who can afford such items.. Which some games do, do this.. Many ways its fair and ok to most, if not all players.. Least comments of that stuff is less seen(maybe cause most plays them or/and stops playing).

How about making more repeatable events with same prizes.. But in order to repeat such event.. you must pay for another round..Like new baskets with most of the crops/drops needed to play another round. Something like this

round one... Half the event time - for those who can not be here 24/7
    round two... full event time - for those who can be here 24/7
    round three... buy basket to play this round.
    round four...buy basket to play this round.

If and only if BP adds little more time to do 2 rounds... then people who buys baskets will still have to grow and get drops to do round 3 or/and 4. Not to mention BP can still keep thier regular baskets...mainly for those who missed time cause of unknown ways of life and they may want to finish round 1 still or maybe buy to finish round two..

I think is would be good way to make sells... I for one might buy baskets if such event was worth playing more rounds. More ways of getting more things... easier ways to complete events.. more ways BP can make money off of baskets.

Maybe I didn't word this right.. but in my mind... this thought is worth looking into and least trying it out a few times before one says it will never work... never say NEVER...lol

EDIT: and yes of course basket buyers always get more items/givers or/and what not..that should always stay the same...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    1msech2006, swCactus1 and PeepsPlace like this.
  5. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Not necessarily related to this event (I am a strong no on this one), I would be interested to see the statistics re how many active players participate in events, and to what extent.

Are 100% of players putting full effort into events (we already know this is a no). Are 75% putting in full effort? 50%? Are 100% at least doing one section of the event, even if not full participation? How many are not bothering at all?

These stats would be fascinating, because I wonder what is the better strategy from BP's perspective. Personally, I would be far more inclined to put 100% effort towards big events if they came once a month. I'd therefore be more likely to spend RL money on said events. Would higher participation in less frequent events bring in more money than mediocre participation in dozens of events?

I don't know what the answer to that question is. But since BP is determined to make money at the cost of their players' satisfaction, it begs the question - are they really using the right strategy? Maybe yes. Maybe no.

Jazac, swCactus1, -manli- and 5 others like this.
  6. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

I think BP would be shocked to learn how many farmers they have driven away with their constant events!! This one is no exception.

7. 1msech2006

1msech2006 Forum Inhabitant

The maze like playing field of this event is confusing to me....I do not like maze type games in the first place. I have started this event however after trying the maze and looking at the prizes I believe I am going to drop out. Prizes are not worth the time it will take to grow the crops IMO. And it is another loooong event that I just do not have the time or the money to invest in. I thoroughly enjoyed the last event and would like to see more like it with the game board type of play field where you can actually pick the prizes you want to work for and do have a chance to obtain without having to play 24/7...........most of us all do have a real life after all.

Jazac, swCactus1, -manli- and 2 others like this.
  8. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

This was an enjoyable event in terms of the graphics and the opportunity for a variety of prizes. Many of the rewards could be gained via multiple approaches, which made it possible to pick and choose the prizes that were wanted. Particular likes were, no milling, the fact that the mechanism for gaining the ski passes did not need to go on a field, and the drop rate was very good. Dislikes include the fact that the ski passes and the crops had to be harvested at different times; having each drop fall from a different field, although that was rendered pretty much moot by my third objection, which was just the sheer quantity of crops. It has long been my view that whoever develops these events, since they have access to the harvester for free, bases the requirements on that. People who do not have the harvester are less likely to utilize 1x1. I know there are many who do, and I say, more power to them. I would not still be playing this game after nine years if I did not buy the harvester. But without 1x1 and CAC, events of this magnitude are impossible even for dedicated players. I have no problem with there being many paid features which make farming much easier - but they should NOT be essential. They should be a huge perk, but not a requirement for even attempting to complete an event.

For the last few years the complaints have been consistent - requirements that are too high, and events that are too constant. The consistency of the feedback, and the incredible waning of posts in the strategy threads support this. Strategy threads used to run for ten pages or more of comments, now we seldom break two, and it is not uncommon for there to be hours where there are no new posts. That is because many long term players are gone. We were seeing a nice trend of events that use only one or two fields - although I still say, USE THE EVENT FIELD FOR EVENTS!!!!! I personally do not mind the constant events, as over the years I have overcome my FEOCD to the point that I very often skip part or even all of an event. For me, personally, the game has become much more user friendly, as there are many more opportunities to win rare stables and trees, and there are many more features available. But I do have the opportunity to almost always harvest whenever I want, as my job permits me to grab five minutes virtually whenever I need it. Many do not have that option. I think everyone will agree with me when I say that those of us who have more accessibility should, by all means, have an advantage, but events SHOULD be completeable for anyone who can log in twice a day.

Jazac, swCactus1, AuntMoe and 8 others like this.
  9. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

I agree with matselleste- above. My parent farm has virtually stopped playing several very good farms simply because the expense of the MANDATORY Harvester for all these farms combined was way too high and left little to provide other necessities for an enjoyable game.

It's time, BP, to make the essential Harvester work freely as part of the game - not only for us - BUT FOR YOU as it would encourage all those leaving and who have left to try again...and for making the number of Newbies that stay SOAR!!

10. missyww83

missyww83 Forum Apprentice

My farm is level 88. No complaint about the drop rate as I had more than enough to drool at squares I couldn't reach because the crop requirements were so high. Didn't get to finish the first field.

1msech2006, Jazac and swCactus1 like this.
  11. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

Can't believe I was able to finish this one. Just hope that I didn't make a mistake using all my HHCs, SG and Harvest Bonuses. Would still like to be able to partake in the upcoming Monkey Queen event.

Jazac likes this.
  12. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Having done some math I realised I had no chance so didn't start. It would have been nice to be able to do a round on drops alone or other crops and animals so anyone could participate without having to waste time growing crops for an event they had no chance of finishing.

1msech2006 and Jazac like this.
  13. 1msech2006

1msech2006 Forum Inhabitant

Amen! I thoroughly agree with you.

Jazac likes this.
  14. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

At first glance, I had the thoughts I always have ~ graphics splendid! :)
    Is there milling involved? No? Yay!! :D Prizes good if they are attainable & yet NOT have to be at my PC endless hours nor spending too much RL $ to complete.

squigglegiggle posed an intriguing case for game/event statistics! I know if I owned a business I'd certainly be looking at that. And perhaps BP has done that & chooses not to share their findings.

1msech2006 indicated they didn't like the maze …. I didn't mind the maze so much; however, the fact that I had to use resources to get a "prize" {and I use that word loosely} of X amount of CCs to get started and/or to obtain a stupid album sticker put a sour taste in my mouth from the beginning. Neither stickers nor Country Coins belong in an event as "stand alone" rewards. If present at all, they should be secondary to a MAIN prize. In other words, the big reward is 20x SG and included with that is/are stickers & CCs.

As -matselleste- pointed out, the # of crops was ridiculous & I too feel that events belong on the Event field. But worse yet were the amount of ski passes required to get most of the truly good prizes. :(>:(:cry:

Additionally, as -matselleste- said, the strategy pages have shrunk way too much. What else don't you see a lot of? People responding in this Feedback forum. I'm fairly certain those 2 things are related.

Gosh BP, overall I enjoy farming & some of the events are actually doable. I long for the day when I have only positive, happy things to say. To compliment you merely for the graphics and whether or not milling is involved should "speak volumes" to you. And like -matselleste- and many other farmers, it's becoming easier to just say "no" to an event in its' entirety or just do a little bit.

15. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Jazac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.