BeeDance

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by BeeDance, Mar 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

Hi I started playing the beginning of October 2014. I've played other online games but most have way more ego & hurt feelings than a game should have. I migrated to farming games since they require balancing time, cost, space, and materials; so there is a challenge without affecting other players. Though Farmerama has been a bit harder to grasp at first I like it much better than any other farming game I've played.

In RL I'm old enough to be grandfather material though none of our 5 kids has taken the plunge and gotten married yet, so I guess I'm still in training. I live in the US (North Carolina), enjoy woodworking, model railroading, and gardening. My wife & I have been married for 38 years.

I am a clown at heart as some here have come to learn. I'm slowly meeting other players here and enjoy being able to share in their posts.

We recently moved my special needs brother into our home and we are making adjustments with this "new" family member. It is enjoyable overall; he and I are "relearning" each other after so many years.

I'm not sure what else people want to know - probably way less that I've said here.

2. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)BeeDance - Everything you say is interesting...like building those networking connections you spoke about, or doing a 'bee dance'!
    Soon it all gets connected and forms a picture of an interesting human being with a wonderful sense of humor. You've made me grin from ear to ear way more than once!:D
    Welcome, and so glad to have you on this forum - you're a very good fit...and think of this!....You're already married here to a great person - spots(box)! Both of you have such good senses of humor....looks like a good fit....for the 'marriage' and for the forum!:D

3. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Forum Veteran

Hi there @BeeDance ,nice to meet you. Is Spotsbox your RL wife or game spouse? Wishing you all a happy family life together!

abubadi66 likes this.
  4. betty127

betty127 Junior Expert

Hey BeeDance, good to know you. I'm a RL gardener too and one of my children has special needs - he's just 7 and his little bro is nearly 6. So we've got some stuff in common already. I also love a good laugh. I'm from UK and was born a smidge after you got married, tho my hubby is nearly 60 (dreadful cradle-snatching old beggar, oughta be arrested;)). Been together 19 years (so I'm sick of him now - nah, happier than ever really). Though if he saw how many wonder stables I just bought things could change fast. Anyway, see you around xxx

5. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

Hi fifitrixiebell. Famerama only. My RL wife has a great sense of humor but is certainly not the cut-up that I am. I suppose someone has to be the grownup in the marriage....

and Thanks farmlily!

6. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Hi BeeDance - nice to meet you. I have enjoyed your sense of humor and look forward to more posts. You did marry a wonderful friend of mine and I wish you all the very best both in game and real life.

7. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

pnp, you just stole my line :D

Welcome to farmerama BeeDance :D {what pnp wrote} :p

Completely agree! I had tried a few online games before this, but they all turned out to be very boring after a little while (if you didn't pay that is). And I wasn't expecting farmerama too be much different. So in the beginning I just learned the basics and was a very casual player and didn't have a clue about many aspects of the game. It took me months before I found out how complex and great farmerama really is :D

I have since made up for my initial ignorance by reading everything I can find in the forum :wuerg:

PS. I forgot to say: Love both your farm name and your avatar!

8. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

Hi Betty! You do realize your husband could claim grave robbing too, right? ;) Congratulations on 19 years! In our world today that's amazing.
    I think the biggest issue I have with my brother over the years is wondering why I was blessed with being "normal" instead of him. I'm grateful that things have evolved in our life so we can have him with us. The facility he was in did all they were required, but he did not get to get out, grow, or do much more than go from one day to the next. Here he is beginning to live. Maybe I'm wrong but I truly believe special needs people are given special families. Sometimes things can be challenging, but even "normal" families are challenging. I am still amazed at the ways people with "disabilities" and/or special needs come up with some of the neatest solutions to problems, or have such great talents, patience for others, etc. I learn so much from watching them and seeing them bloom with a bit of encouragement.

pnp & Mir85, thanks! This game can sometime mirror life; we have to work on one part which affects another. If we put too much into one area it can actually hurt another (lots of animals means lots of food to be made or bought so less room or money for other crops needed for quests and events). Too much time at work might bring in money but is takes away from relationships; there are lots of correlations. I'm working on building an "off season" closet for Christmas ornaments, camping stuff, etc, which will free up space in other closets. The only thing that will do in the long run is produce more junk that needs more closet space. I guess I need less animal stalls in my world.....

The avatar is "Bill the Cat" - a cartoon series that is no longer in newspapers. I kind of feel like him especially early in the morning. Sadly he's what I look like AFTER I'm awake and had my coffee... we won't go into what I look like before I'm spruced up and ready for the day. ;)

Thank you to all of you for making everyone feel at home! It makes playing the game more fun.

9. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

Hi BeeDance and I'm happy to meet you.
    In august me and my husband we will celebrate one year of marriage. Wow you are such an example to me. I wish we will have so many years of marriage and happy together. I think it's great that one is more serious and the other one more funny. Is a good balance.
    I wish you all the best in real life and game too.
    Happy farming! :)

10. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

Welcome to the game BeeDance! I've been playing for a long time, but have just recently gone from lurker to poster on the forums so in some ways I qualify as a newbie here. Better late than never though, I reckon. :) I'm happy to hear about your brother getting to live with you now and I can relate, as I have a close relative with special needs (although unfortunately, none of us are able to take care of her at home). Just like you point out, everyone has a right to live and not just simply exist, and I wish more people realized this because it's so very important, and people that don't fit into the very narrow frame of what society deem "normal" are often not seen or considered.

11. puppiesnponies

Parenting a special needs child has been full of challenges but also has brought the greatest joy. She lights up my world and everyone else who has actually taken the time and care to get to know her.

12. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

Parenting in general is full of challenges.
    Being able to be part of a special person, especially a child is so rewarding. Seeing life and the world through their eyes is incredible - they have such a great insight in things we tend to take for granted or look at the same way everyone else does. Some of the greatest art I've ever seen is not from "masters", but from ones who see from "special" eyes.
    We were told by teachers that our daughter was "unteachable". Interesting that that unteachable child graduated from college with honors (missed getting a perfect 4.0 GPA by .003 points!), has her own business, designs and makes quilts, and helps so many in our community. We can NEVER let what others think prevent us from following our dreams! I think that is the biggest thing we can do for another person.

13. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

Hi BeeDance, Welcome to game and forum! Wow! 38 years married, congrats. I've been married 32 yrs and like to think I have my RL hubby well trained, lol. Your sense of humor is a nice welcome to the forum.
    It's so nice you get to have your brother with you now. My youngest (1yr) grandson is special needs and he is just such a joy. Tell your kids to get moving....Grandkids are the best!

14. puppiesnponies

I like your attitude! I like how you don't let others preconceived idea of limitations prevent you from encouraging your child (now grown) to be all they can be and pursue their own dreams.

One of my most frequent things that I say to my daughter when she gets discouraged about how hard things will be is to not let fear of a tough challenge prevent her from trying to achieve her goals. Yes, some things are more difficult but oh the joy when she succeeds.

15. BeeDance

BeeDance Padavan

bygo-cris, thanks, and I glad to meet you, too!
    Many years ago we were invited to a Valentine's dinner at a church. Several older couples had been asked if they would speak for a moment. The first to speak was a man in his 80s who told of the wonderful marriage they had and a great life. When he sat down his wife got up and spoke. She said, "I don't who he was married to, but our marriage was tough and life was hard. It is a good one, but...."
    That made me feel much better about my own marriage. We have our disagreements, and there was even one time she was wrong. We've looked at our marriage like being a sailboat out at sea; if there is a leak or a fire it's not her job to plug the leak, it's not my job to put out the fire. It is BOTH of us... if the ship sinks it is BOTH of us who have to tread water, so it is up to both of us to keep it afloat - not our parent, friends, neighbors. That is of course easier said than done sometimes, but it's how we feel marriages work.

Hi saltypixel! I've enjoyed your posts elsewhere as well.
    There has been a long time when no one was able to care for my brother either. He can do for himself physically but needs at least some "protection" so he is not taken advantage of, and he would have difficulty maintaining a job if he were young enough to have one. He's great around the house (though he's making me look bad since he helps washing clothes, taking out the trash, etc - he loves making my wife and daughter happy, not so much me). I made a big point with him when we went to pick him up that I wanted to encourage him in his interests and didn't just want him staying here, but rather to explore possibilities. He's beginning to gain a little confidence and spreading his wings. I want to see how high he soars.

Thank you JJenks! I get to babysit a 3 year old and 14 month old about once a week for a friend we consider to be our daughter. I know it's not the same as "real" grand kids, but they are still a joy. Our daughter is dating a wonderful guy and it seems to be getting more serious so we have hope. I fear our boys are just going to have to have young ladies beat them over the head with clubs and drag them back to their caves by the hair. Outside of work they don't really go anywhere girls would hang out. Maybe their kid sister will show them the way...

pnp - if we think about it, all of us have SOMETHING we may not be as good at as others. I'm not comfortable in crowds (like parties), though I have no problem speaking in public. I could never dance - two left feet, all thumbs! Though mentally slow my brother is not stupid - it amazes me the things he comes up with when he can set his own pace and do things his way. I can not count the times I've wondered "Why didn't I think of that!" I am reminded daily that my need for patience is not even close to where I want or need it, whereas nothing seems to get to him.
    Albert Einstein once pointed out that if we all had to pass the same test we would all fail. I might be able to deal with woodworking tools and computers, but I would be afraid to even think what I'd look like on stage in a Toto. I could probably take something apart under the hood of a car, but I doubt anyone would ever be able to drive it again when I put it back together. My mechanic can fix anything we mange to mess up but he stays as far away from computers as he can.
    Thank goodness we are all wired differently - it would be boring if we were all alike! Being "special needs" is not where I like to focus: being SPECIAL is.

16. igotfrogs

igotfrogs Forum Overlooker

Hiya BeeDance lovely to meet you ...... I must say your Avatar looks how i feel at this hour of the morning 5.30am LOL ......

BeeDance, IVANCICA30 and penguilnz like this.
  17. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)BeeDance, I'd just like to repeat what I said in the beginning..."Everything you say is interesting"....and now I'd like to add moving and profound too. Your posts reaffirm my faith in people for the ability to feel all the right things, especially the ability to love in the deepest, best ways. You and your brother (and all your family) are blessed to have each other!:inlove:
    And we are blessed to have you on this forum!!:D:D

18. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

Hi BeeDance and welcome to the forum.:) Nice to meet you...

BeeDance and IVANCICA30 like this.
  19. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

That's lovely BeeDance, and your brother is lucky to have you (and you him I'm sure, even if he favours your wife and daughter sometimes ;))! I wish him all the best exploring life and what it has to offer him.

20. IVANCICA30

IVANCICA30 Regular

hi BeeDance that was so nice and emotive introduction :D:D you bring good mood in forum and i always laught reading postsxD its is nice to meet handiman that like to make ornaments and handcrafts:inlove: be free to post some pictures of your work so we can admire it

bygo_cris, BeeDance and penguilnz like this.