birthday baking

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by upa70, Jan 17, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upa70

upa70 Forum Expert

so...40 games to complete the event needing 2 boxes per game that's a total of 80 boxes needed to be milled.
    yes, i knew we get 2 free boxes to try the game so technically only 78 boxes needed but it was just simpler to calculate the 80 needed in total...a few spare crops will always be converted into ep & coins at the end of the event so no harm in that.

404 crops + 22 tissue per box.. X80 = 32,320 crops + 1760 tissues needed to complete the event.

using both fields main field and green meadow gives us 404 1x1 fields with a cac you can harvest 1616 crops, less 404 to resow.....that's 26'ish full harvests of both fields.

5.5hr crop...add water and manure drops it to a 4hr crop....that's 104 hours to grow required crops...or 4.5 days solid every 4hrs....so i think there's the chance of getting some sleep in there somewhere as the event is 7 days long xD

good luck to all doing this event...the cloud row looks worthwhile.:D

p.s. if anyone seems a mistake in my calculations...feel free to correct them;)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks upa70 for starting the thread and crunching numbers! I come up with the same math! so hopefully we can both count!:music:
    I will do the event as it looks like a fun mini game (I HOPE) I hope BP gives us enough time to get the matching color cookies in their boxes! Good luck everyone and a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to farmerama!:music::music:(me singing the birthday song in my head!)

Solatido, Brookeham, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  3. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Thanks upa70 ! I am in.

Real life is getting busy day by day. I am not able to spend more time in the forum and interact with you all. And in the game I am struggling to keep up with all aspects. So somewhat slowed down. I struggling to get both my life and Farmerama life into my grip. I hope and I am striving that this year might be somewhat easy on me and that I might be able to reshape my life to a better future. Wanted to say that aloud. :pxD

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY FARMERAMA !

4. sanddollar15

Good luck 12ss12 you have come a long way!:inlove: Do what makes you happy and good luck with Birthday event!:music:

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Thank you, Upa70, for starting the strategy thread.

Hoping the mini-game functions well...as I'm planning to do this on the usual 3 farms. Toddler and baby farms are sitting this out.

I hear you, 12ss12 - my days are full as well. I have to set timers on my computer or phone to remind me to harvest the event crops. On days when I don't have event crops planted, I plant long-timed crops and only open the farms once a day. I just don't have the time to do more and don't know when I will. I hope you reach your life goals for the year. As for me, I just hope to still be on this side of the dirt at the end of 2023. In the meantime, I'm trying to sew all the fabric and crochet all the yarn.

spotsbox, Solatido, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  6. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Old Hand

Minigame "looks like" game to my comfort zone... if there is at least "some time" in higher levels also to "do the tricks"...

Knowledge of the fields of mathematics and statistics and combinatorics is not at least a disadvantage in this game, because the ease comes from the fact that "the brain understands" what is "the smallest number of steps so that unnecessary moves are not made and you have to make moves backwards, so to speak". That's how I saw it on "paper", i.e. in theory, practice, it may be a different story, but it would seem that the 9 years spent at university (and learning from there) could be useful even in a fun game like this.

Yes, an unemployed statistician (Master's degree) is talking here who hasn't worked a day since his graduation, i.e. since the turn of 2004/2005... that it's about the skills he learned... After all, Finnish forum users have known this for years, now I'll open up about it in English...

lode99, Solatido, Tarsis63 and 4 others like this.
  7. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

We need to mill only 78 boxes, everyone gets two for free to try minigame.

lode99, Solatido, Tarsis63 and 4 others like this.
  8. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for doing the sums Upa70. ;)

I was going to go for it but then realised it is two boxes for each mini-game which seems like an awful lot of crops with not really that much to tempt me in the prize list. The CR is next to useless except when we have a long MM event. So I have started, the mini-game does look sweet but I may stop if it becomes tedious! xD

ç.çiftçi, Solatido, 12ss12 and 3 others like this.
  9. sanddollar15

Thank you for reminding me! I always forget to take the free ones away!:p

12ss12 likes this.
  10. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

We do not need MM event to collect points from givers in Haunted Manor. I collect them every day.

Solatido, Tarsis63, dumbunny and 3 others like this.
  11. teeceebeemee

teeceebeemee Advanced

Thankyou for factoring this in! This shows you are a true Leader in this game!:inlove:

12ss12, upa70 and sanddollar15 like this.
  12. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I forgot that this event is longer than normal events but then I decided to stop anyway - just too long to do the same thing every day but I have done enough to spend my coins on the few prizes that I want. :p

I didn't spot that it was for giver items, just skimmed it as usual! I agree but it still doesn't do it for me - there are many things on the farm now to distract me and maybe, after nearly 13 years of playing, I am over my EOCD! :D
    Good luck all! ;)

13. 12ss12

Thank you, sanddollar15 & dumbunny. :inlove:

I still haven't gone through the FAQ properly. So I am off to see so as how to play the mini game and try it.

14. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

I have no idea why I'm still obsessed with leveling up, but I am. So the CR giving an extra 100% on Haunted Manor every other day is perfectly fine by me.

This farm and dumbunny's each got just over 80 million EP points off Haunted Manor this morning. Sewinglady's farm garnered 145.4 million. There's good EP there with the right givers and adding an extra 100% certainly doesn't hurt.

I think it's good that we have an extra day for this event - but, even with that, I got up in the night and harvested the event crop. Ugh. This one is going to be a slog.

I just finished playing a half-dozen or so mini-games. I cannot get them done in under 20 seconds. The mechanism for moving the macarons from one box to the other stalls, and I cannot click that fast. So when the timer rings, you can finish the game and get the 20 star coins but you don't get the prize from the list. I think you can repeat the game, but why? When you can't do it the first time, why waste two more macaron boxes to do it again and fail again to collect NOTHING!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
    Solatido, 12ss12, Sue46 and 1 other person like this.
  15. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Okay, I figured it out - you have to pay in AN EXTRA macaron box BEFORE the timer runs out. Otherwise it grays out. So figure on the more difficult puzzles it will take at least 3 macaron boxes. If you cannot get the puzzle in time and have no way to make extra extra boxes, just finish after the timer goes off, collect the 20 star coins and move on. Pick and choose which puzzles you want to do for the extra prize. Most of them aren't worth the extra box.

The season tokens and points, maybe. And the crate of buffs and piccolo box IF you can get to the bitter end.

I don't think I will. And now I don't even care if I plant one more event crop and play one more mini-game.

Edited to add: So instead of needing 80 macaron boxes, I figure it's closer to 120 if you want the secondary prizes in addition to the star coins. If you complete 80 games just to get the star coins, you can amass 800 star coins. It will take 610 star coins to get all 3 givers plus the cloud row.

At this point, I've decided that I have wasted supergrow, suzie's supergrow, plant buffs and 100% harvest buffs for two days. That's plenty to have wasted on what amounts to nothing. This farm is done. Not going one step further. I've put in other crops on this farm. The other two farms have a couple hours until the next harvest. Will mill whatever I can from those crops and play those games off. Then I'm done. I've been mulling over in my head for months whether or not to continue playing this game. This event may have finally tipped the scales in the quit altogether direction.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  16. MARLYMAR

MARLYMAR Forum Ambassador

im kind of surprised they havent issued a bonus code :(

17. 12ss12

Exactly. You have put the entire event in a gist. I am not in favour of using additional boxes to extend the time. Similarly I am also not using extra SSGs & SGs to finish the event. Whatever comes, come. Whatever goes, go xD Literal translation from my language.:p

spotsbox, EssaB, arun6789 and 5 others like this.
  18. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

This event isn't broken. It's working as planned. So BP doesn't feel the need to compensate us for anything.

This event was planned to use far more than the 80 macaron boxes...and they knew it from the get go. They couched the verbiage so well that none of us noticed until we started playing a few mini-games and realized what they had done. The game is EASY if you watch that timer and contribute an additional macaron box. The problem is growing the additional crops and the additional drops for those extra boxes. Which BP figured would require additional expenditures on BBs, SG, SSG and event baskets. Which puts more money in BPs coffers...

I get it. I spend money on this game. Not as much as I used to, and in the future it will likely be even less...things change. At first I was more than a little miffed about this mess with this event. Now, I'm realizing the failure is mine - failing to read the FAQ and understand it; failing to realize that BP is just doing what BP has to do to increase its revenue stream. Costs are up for all of us. My bags which I sold for $10 for many years are now $15 - my costs to make them are up and I have to pass that on to my customers or go out of business.

All of us have to get over our FOCD and our FEOCD (events). We don't have to do every event. We don't have to finish every event. It's enough to do what we want to do and can do. I will say this (and I really hope that the powers that be at BP read this): If BP wants us to spend money on events, you have to make the prizes worth it. Moving forward, BP needs to understand that we know that the things we purchase are 1's and 0's on a server. It costs BP the same amount of money to maintain those servers full of 1's and 0's no matter if they are configured to hold coveted items like crates of buffs/piccolo boxes or meh items like event stickers. So fewer meh items and more coveted items are likely to keep us playing and keep us spending a little of our hard earned moolah on events.

Sad thing is, this event had some really nice prizes...I just don't care to participate any more, regardless.

19. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

Nicely stated dumbunny (and you are not).

I've cut back on my game play. I no longer spend rm on it as the rewards have gotten lower and lower for that. I no longer have FOCD. Thanks BP for curing me.

EssaB, arun6789 and sanddollar15 like this.
  20. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

Very well said dumbunny.

I don't play as much as I used to do. I only play what and how I want any more. I don't spend very much any more where I used to do alot. I am much happier too.

spotsbox, m_adele12, EssaB and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.