Feedback Carnival Queen

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Feb 19, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Carnival Queen" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. Leesamarie63

Leesamarie63 Forum Apprentice

I've always liked this event, but the lag to move the basket is awful. Might back out of this event if that doesn't improve.

3. 456farmer123

456farmer123 Padavan

I really like the quest that goes along with the event and just by quest alone it is so much better than making the floral basket through the mill.

I do agree with Leesamarie63 that the basket is hard to maneuver, good thing the mouth is big enough to catch a lot of goodies I was aiming for.

4. 1msech2006

1msech2006 Forum Inhabitant

Also have had trouble with the floating basket..it is not stable and seems to float in the opposite direction I want it to move, or does not move fast enough to get to where I want it to be, or does not move at all. I have not been able to make one floral basket on my own due to the amount of event plant needed and the time I have to put into this event. I have only been able to use the floral basket that was given to us so far......I wish the event were shorter and/or the amount of event plants either lessened or take less time to grow. I looked at the amount of event plants needed vs the prizes awarded in the FS quest and will probably quit this event, however, I like the prizes from the boat event, but have trouble with the floral basket movement, so maybe I will continue. Conflicted notions about event at this point about continuing or not. Can BP do something to tighten up the movement of the floral basket???? In the past I have enjoyed this type of event. This time it seems different and so far not as enjoyable IMO

5. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

This used to be my favourite event but BP have killed the queen:(:(:(:cry::cry:

Very few real prizes, mostly chocolate, lollipops etc. :(:cry:

Bring back the real queen, I fear the pirates have taken our queen and put a clone in her place. >:(:cry:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    1msech2006, spotsbox, TERRIE and 3 others like this.
  6. Nellie_Noodles

Nellie_Noodles Commander of the Forum

Have only played 2 games on this event and now have no event flowers to play :(
    Used to be a good game :(

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    1msech2006 likes this.
  7. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)I agree with the above comments! Waaay too many plants to grow on such a limited space as one Baha field!! This is day 2 and I still need one more harvest to get the 1st basket!!
    Totally ridiculous!-.-

What Nellie_Noodles said..."Used to be a good game.":(

8. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I feel like the lone dissenter here. I am loving the fact that we did not have to build the float; that the crops only grow on one field so I have the others free to do what I please; I have grown only event crops even overnight and in spite of a bonus from the Farmwheel my drops still kept up with my crops until this morning's harvest; that the support quest offers a way to get baskets with way less input than making them in the mill; that I can keep making baskets even after I get all the prizes; and that the cloud row gives products. I have collected over 2M CCs, over 100 each of PF, SG and SSG, tons of crates, and for the amount of work I had to put in, I am pleased. I would happily have given over the whole farm and worked really hard if the rewards were like they were in the first Monkey Queen event, but as it stands, this event is just fine.

The only thing I don't love, is that because you can't see your cursor on the float screen, you can't tell if you are lined up with your basket, and sometimes in the excitement of chasing things, I wander away. But in the grand scheme of things, that's a pretty minor complaint.

I still say, USE THE EVENT FIELD for this sort of thing, and also CLEARLY THEY EXPECT EVERYONE TO USE 1x1 and CAC. I have completed this event at a really early point thanks to my harvest bonus, but I would have done it with no problem without it. I have long said, this is not a game for people who can only log in once a day, but at the same time, events should be playable if you can harvest before work, after work and before bed. I think a restructure is needed, bearing that in mind. And I have had no issues with any kind of lag; unless everyone is reporting it, it is usually a service provider or a hardware issue.

I love this game and have enjoyed nine years with it. I do feel that the developers listen to what we say and try to offer something for everyone, in the grand scheme of things. Not every event is going to be ideal for every player, but we have so much more diversity, a wider range of prizes, and overall, a more user friendly game.

9. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Nice to see an event which has all in it we've been asking for. Good to have a support quest which matches its goal as well. Thank you Game Team.

farmerumf, Cassie101 and sanddollar15 like this.
  10. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

It is easy to line up your basket (even I can do it;)) just move your pointer to the left of of the screen so you can see it. Keep it about an inch above the bottom of the game screen and your basket will slide smoothly.
    Good luck! :)

habalala, sanddollar15 and Erridge like this.
  11. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am enjoying this event and was pleased that we have a choice how to participate. I chose the FSQ - did away with the necessity of milling especially when there is another event ongoing needing a milled item. :p

The Carnival Queen was extremely stingy at the start of the event but I think she has found her Generosity Switch as she seems to be throwing more prizes other than candy (though still not as much as she did in the early days of this event). :music:
    The basket mechanism takes a bit of getting used to but all in all, the graphics are, as always, superb. :inlove:

I also am really happy we don't have to build the float before we can play and the ratio of crops and drops means that it is easier to get enough of both to have more than one or two Floral Baskets to play with at any time. :D

habalala, AuntMoe and sanddollar15 like this.
  12. Erridge

Erridge Forum Expert

I also find BP have become very mean. it's a virtual game it costs nothing to make the prizes worth while.

On the good side I like the new prizes, crates, prize spins etc

13. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

I would love this game too if it did not require so many plants to make one basket. As a new farm I cannot clear everything off my field just to grow event plants, as I have to still grow other things to keep up with feeding stables, etc., on the other fields...and/or grow enough other things to buy feed.

Perhaps this event would be better for all if fewer plants were needed.....ORRRRR.....how about if we could use the e-v-e-n-t field???!!...as -matselleste- suggested above...and the amount of plants required confined to that field in more reasonable numbers.

habalala and Nellie_Noodles like this.
  14. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Lag is horrible this time around, for me at least. I've played 9 games, and have had horrendous lag on all but one. In fact, one game started, lagged immediately, then the game ended and kicked me back to the start screen, with absolutely no treats caught; I never even had the opportunity to move the basket. :mad: I've refreshed the game, exited completely and logged back in, did the cookie toss, all to no avail. It's still lagging. I feel like I'm wasting my baskets, instead of enjoying the parade. :cry: While I would like to be positive about this event we all loved so much, and I add my voice to say that I too am grateful for the FAQ option to get the necessary baskets, and no need to build floats, I have to say this has been the most disappointing version of the queen thus far. I can't speak as to the variety of treats, as I really haven't had the option to experience a decent catch ratio. Unless the lag can be cleared up in the last day of the event, I just don't think I can give this event good feedback this time around. :(

15. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Had a bit of a problem where my basket would get stuck for a second or two - other than that catching the goodies was pretty easy.

Thanks for the addition of the crates - wheel spins and colored animals - always appreciated.

Also, the support quest option was the only way to go, in my opinion. So thanks for giving us the option to obtain the baskets that way.

And also thank you for getting rid of the float building part of the event.

Cassie101 and habalala like this.
  16. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I liked the event in general. Something about catching a star is satisfying. Also the fact that it was on one field was pleasant as well.

17. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

I was happy that I could do a quest to get enough baskets to get to CR and still have extras. I did not even finish the quest.
    I had lag with the actual capturing of goodies - or it was more of my mouse drifting into unknown areas of the game.

Didn't we have an option in the past to trade in candy points? That would have been welcome!

Prizes were ok - Not fantastic. I tried to capture more of the consumables - farm coins - Super grow PF and Suzy. Always need those!

18. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.