COV virus thoughts including facts and related information

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Oct 12, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

We cannot appear that we are out of control with this discussion in the EN Forum.

There has already been a similar thread appropriately closed!

Disputes are fine as long as kindly done.

Please assist us all here.

2. geckofeet666

geckofeet666 Active Author

Hi all,

I'm just recovering from covid, I'm on the 10th day.
    Wednesday back to work.:p
    I haven't been on my farm for almost a year, but now, staying at home and worrying about dying :oops:, my farm was a real friend that helped me forget about my cough and my thoughts.

Honest, the thoughts and fears of what could have happened were worse than the actual symptoms that I had.

It's a really weird type of infection.

Every day seems to be different, and if you feel better today it doesn't mean that tomorrow it will be even better. No, it can be worse.
    I had fever 37-38 degrees 3-4 days, but not in a row, gastrointestinal problems one day, some cough kinda all through, few days I felt really tired.
    I didn't have smell or taste problems at all.

I wish you'll not get the virus at all, but if so, I hope you'll have even less symptoms that I had.

Hug you all :inlove:

3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I can't help but wonder whether this has been around longer than we've realised. I had every symptom of covid in December, despite there having been no recorded cases in Australia at that time.

To be clear, I'm not claiming definitively that I had covid...but when I see the list of symptoms and realise I had every single one of them, I can't help but wonder...

4. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

I agree from US. I was very ill last November and to this very day, I still have a cough and major phylum. I have also been diagnosed with asthma.

5. squigglegiggle

Agreed. I'm no marathon runner but I'm also not an unfit person, and yet 10 minutes of walking had me on the verge of passing out from lack of oxygen. It was miraculous to me that I was able to taste Christmas dinner, having been without smell or taste for weeks (I was delirious with a fever on Christmas day, though). In June my mother was diffusing a scent in the house and I remarked that it smelled like Christmas, and it was only then that I found out she had been diffusing the same scent throughout December and I had been completely oblivious to it. I've never experienced such a complete loss of smell or taste before.

6. alpenliebe

alpenliebe Someday Author

Me too squigglegiggle and FrootloopGrove. I have never experienced anything like that before, and I was an athlete all my life, but in late November something caught me badly, and on Jan the 5th even worse, the feeling was of having needles put through my lungs and a terrible need to breathe sun-illuminated air. Many even young coworkers stayed suddenly at home being very ill. I am from central Europe and nothing was known at the time, all I remember is questioning what is suddenly so wrong. Never in my life had I hurried to a doctor :):) honestly I don't even like them but I was really scared. In just 10 minutes I turned from a person feeling great to a person who couldn't do anything, with sudden high fever. Well they knew nothing at the time and prescribed me a cough powder. I am very very concerned about elder people now and hope this passes as soon as possible.

7. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

My son works in a nursing home and has now been exposed to Corona Virus. He is quarantining here at home. He does have a sore throat, fever, chills and a decrease in smell and taste. There are several employees at the nursing home who have tested positive but are asymptomatic. The coworker he came in contact with who tested positive does have very similar symptoms to what my son is experiencing. This started for him 2 days ago so we do not know what else he will experience. It takes 24-72 hours for the test results to come back. He was tested yesterday.

We are all wearing masks and gloves here at home. Lots of hand washing and hand sanitizer. With son's symptoms and pending test results, all care agencies involved with Mom have suspended services. I don't blame them at all. It is important to take precautions. It is just hard to care for her alone.

Take care my fellow farmers and stay safe.

For now....we are just waiting....

[​IMG]

8. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Thinking of you and your family Pnp. I wish I could fly across the Atlantic to help you. Lots of love and hugs x x

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

So sorry to hear about your troubles pnp :( Sending hugs and good thoughts. Best wishes for your son, and I hope the rest of you don't catch it too, whatever it is.

[​IMG]

10. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Blessings and prayers to your son for quick and uneventful recovery. Blessings to you and the family to stay healthy. May peace reign in the middle of the mess. You are remembered often in my prayers.

11. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Thank you farmerumf, Mir and Willow:inlove:

My son's test results are in. He has tested positive for Covid. o_O:( He will remain in quarantine and so will the rest of us. That means that all care services for Mom are suspended unless she take a turn towards end of life. My son's symptoms are mild and hope they remain so. The nursing home where he works is seeing a rapid rise in cases. I'm so glad Mom is home with us but, sadly, I cannot protect my family from this virus. We have done everything that can be done....wash hands, wipe down surfaces, wear mask and gloves, social distancing, etc. The last place I went to was to the vet 2 weeks ago to take our 14 year old cat in for euthanasia :( Before that, last place I went was to the hospital to be with Mom at the beginning of September. We have had more people here at the house now that Mom is on Hospice, but they all have to wash their hands, use hand sanitize and wear a mask. I pray this virus doesn't touch her but that hope is very small as we are a 3 generation family household.

When it rains, it pours. I need a bigger umbrella. :cry::cry::cry:

12. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

13. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Praying for you all!:inlove::inlove: Keep strong my friend, you are in my thoughts and prayers!

14. Willow

Praying indeed! :inlove:

15. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

It's hard to see it with your present situation, but when you are giving up your social life, barely leave home, wash and clean every single day, you are protecting your family to the best of your ability and knowledge. Do not feel like covid is winning! We will beat it!

I also had covid but was asymptomatic. I found out cause in June I fell riding my bike and broke my collar bone. Got tested before surgery and it was +. My closest family and friends didn't have it, so I guess I got it when I went to the ER the day I fell. Never had symptoms or anything.
    Soon I will have to go thru surgery again to remove the metal plate that holds the bone.

My city, Madrid, is in lockdown. People who live here can not leave unless it is for work, emergencies, etc... This second wave is now all over Spain and spreading throughout Europe too. Let's hope restrictions help lower the numbers. 100 deaths a day in Spain is way too many :cry:

16. Willow

Blessing and prayers for you as well esca, and for your lovely people.:inlove:

17. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

:eek::eek::cry: I just found this thread and it is heart-wrenching in every way!!:cry: So, sooo many, so much suffering.....:cry:
    May we all continue to endure and recover as soon as possible, and may our God (Psalm 83:18; Revelation 21:4) bless us all.:inlove:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  18. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I am happy and relieved to hear that all our friends above who suffered illness have recovered. Take care everyone. Precaution is best. But never panic. Its the easy way to tackle this disease. Many of my relatives were affected and have recovered fully. As I said in the previous thread traditional medicines against cold and fever helps prevent this disease. They boost our immune system and also destroy the virus. Identify the traditional herbs and medicines which your grandmother would have administered in case of cold or to prevent cold and use it. We in Tamilnadu, are using our Siddha medicine both as preventive measure and also as treatment. Almost most of us take them now and then to prevent covid- 19. Whenever I visit out places, I clean my hands and in case of covered places or populated places cover my nose.

19. squigglegiggle

Good news - Melbourne, which has been under one of the strictest lockdowns in the world - is finally moving out of the restrictions we've been under for months. After reaching nearly 800 cases a day in June, we went into heavy lockdown (basically only allowed out for an hour per day), but as of tomorrow we can start visiting people in their homes again, can go out wherever we want whenever we want. Still working from home if at all possible, still wearing masks, still limits on gatherings and visitation rules, but we are working towards "Covid normal" by Christmas and it's so exciting to get our freedoms back.

That being said, restrictions were so necessary and not once do I believe decisions were made that were not absolutely correct. Many criticise, but it is because we were so strict with our lockdown that we've had two consecutive days of no cases, and hopefully many more to come.

20. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

The virus affects many of us and some in different ways.

An individual I grew up with passed away from what was determined as complications to do with the virus. Several months have gone by now.

My nephew and his live-in fiancée both tested positive for the virus. Both were working in a large well known medical center. They quarantined themselves for about two weeks and were asked to return to work when they had no fever. They both have. Their cases were both determined to be mild.

My sister who is a MD and is over a lab in a large hospital tested positive the virus. The virus was determined to be walked into the lab by another lab worker. My sister was participating in an aspect of a study related to the virus. She remained home for about two weeks. She has since returned to work. Because she contracted the virus she is not eligible to participate in one study but has been transferred to another. She has returned to work in the hospital and has since travelled via airline. (She admitted to me that she let her guard down.)

My father was Dean of a School of Pharmacy and taught for many many years. He taught me what he could about viruses before he gave his lectures. (How fortunate I realize I am now.) When I discussed the virus with him nearlya year ago, his words to me were quite simple:

There is lots to learn about this virus. Some of the best minds and plenty money has been put into the study and will be for years and years to come. These few words touched me tough: The virus is real! Do not play with it!

I see my sister regularly. I do have access to lots of well and not so well founded information regarding the virus.

I still will not live my life in a bubble. Thus, I will maintain taking precautions even when I do not want to or am tired of doing so. I have not tested positive for the virus to date. I will continue not to be foolish with regard to avoiding contracting the virus.

I wish you all success in however you are choosing to live your life.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.