Day at the Museum: Strategy Thread

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by dumbunny, Sep 3, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I see no one has started the strategy thread for this event...so here goes:

Event runs Friday through Monday (okay, the 4th through the 8th, but for me that means you gotta be done by the end of the day Monday).

Medium to hard - because you can choose to just do half and will get the cloud row at Level 7, regardless of which crop you choose first.

So if you look at the charts, you'll quickly notice that no matter which crop you choose first, the rewards that come from doing the second half are the same as as the first half of the other crop (does that make sense?) - they just flipped the requirements and the rewards.

So to do the event to level 7 you'll need 560 drops. Double that (1120) for the entire thing.

Each half needs the following 4910 Ammonitia OR 9250 Skullette.

I am not sure how the Amber thing is going to work - but looks like we get 5 to start and the game will replenish every 5 hours.

2. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Thanks dumbunny for the info, I can't get excited about this event. I'll just stock up my barn.

Mooboy, Willow, ctindaldavies and 6 others like this.
  3. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Agreed. Can't get excited about this one. Crop to be grown on Baha when they just released a new plant for Baha I'd like to stock up on.

4. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Forum Pro

Thank you dumbunny, I think I am excited about this one. The cr looks great, with a crate of wacky animals every 2 days. We can also get a zebra habitat, and 4 crates of neon stables. I will give it a try. Good luck everyone. :inlove:

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I want that 10% reduction in "other" crops every other day...that's why my farms are going at least as far as cloud row (level 7). Thinking of doing the 7 hour crop as should yield better drops.

Mooboy, Sue46, ctindaldavies and 4 others like this.
  6. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

It looks interesting, but you are right, the amber doesnt make sense. If we just get 5 that replenish with 5 more every 5 hours they might as well just give us 5 beginning event crops and be done with it. Instead they say mill as much started as you want.....

KaiCat33, Mooboy, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  7. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks Dumbunny for doing the sums. ;)

Is it just me or is this virtually impossible to complete on just one field in four days ... well, without using a mountain of SG or spending real money? :wuerg:

I was going to use the shorter crop and just get up to the Exedra stables but reading this I thought I would continue to step 7. Now I am wondering if it is worth bothering at all! :oops:
    Good luck all whatever you decide! ;)

KaiCat33, Mooboy, Sue46 and 7 others like this.
  8. Wishinonehand

Wishinonehand Someday Author

What is the point of 9999 bottles of dye if you only get 5 pieces of amber every 5 hours? You can't exactly 'mill as much as you want' if one of the key ingredients is so limited it might as well not even be there. Is this just another event that you have to have real money to even hope to complete it?

9. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

You can't run out of it xD and get some TEP and CC's after the end of event This is not a first event where you have to mill seeds in beginning and later again, when you get another dye.

I'd rather have both seeds in beginning. Then I can choose, which one to grow whenever I want.

10. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Actually, you get the other "color" seed dye after step 7, and you have to choose your ticket when you begin...

And yes, Illy, I was thinking the same thing - this is an event where the developers really want us to spend a little money on the game...but not everyone can. I think that's why it's possible to do part and still get some pretty good rewards for having put forth the effort (the cloud row at the half-way mark).

I haven't started the morning's harvest just yet. Still working on my first cuppa coffee...the DH made good "boat coffee" this morning...gotta luv my retired sailor and be thankful for creamer.

joanc123, Titi-tyy, Sue46 and 2 others like this.
  11. illy1996

Yes, Dumbunny. There are some that can't spend real money on events and others who won't, well at least not for the prizes that are on offer. So I am doing what I would normally do for an event, a couple of rounds using SG and SSG and see how it goes. If I get close to the CR, I will try a bit harder and use some more SG and SSG if this means I can reach that goal. If not, I am resigned to not finishing. This way, no disappointment. :p

On the plus side, drops seem pretty good ... if you are only wanting to go halfway that is! xD

joanc123, hatzeva, Sue46 and 3 others like this.
  12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

yeah, of all my farms, the only one that might go past level 7 is sewinglady's. This one and prairiemaiden23 are aiming for the CR and calling it good.

joanc123, Sue46 and ctindaldavies like this.
  13. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

The field has 188 (1x1) plots. With CAC applied it'll yield 188 event crops for replant + 564 event crops for donation.
    So in 4 days, to get half way, the 7hr crop needs to be harvested about 9 times, the 4 hr crop about twice as often.

Good luck to all doing this one.

14. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I have chosen Ammonitia with 9999 Red tints

I dont know why they have given us so.many green or red tints as we can only consume 5 tints + 5 Amber every 5 hours, This is 4 day event = 96 Hours with no idle milling time we can only Mill 19 x 5 Hours Green or Red Tint Equal 95 Event Crops, The Milling has to be done in 5 tints and 5 Amber every 5 hour session but only takes 5 seconds to mill

Need 4910 Ammonitia plus 560 Exvacation Tools if have chosen The Red Side

Need 7450 Skullettes plus 560 Excavation Tools

We have to choose one or the other as Skullettes are not ideal for night crops due to 4 Hours or less growing time risk of lost idle time to reap events crops and drops o_O

Let hope we get good drops in Baharama as we can't used refinements to our advantage to boost crops when we can behind schedule per harvest or daily drop requirements :music:

Good Luck Every The Cloud Row is feasible but after level 7 is bonus ;)

15. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

The event mechanic is similar to what we saw in The Paths of Alchemy.

The 9999 colored tints are there to ensure those who choose to buy baskets can mill as many seeds as they want without running out of one of the key ingredients.

Getting +5 amber every 5 hours is better than having the system automatically book the 5 starter seeds without any need for milling because this way, it's possible to build up seeds for the second crop while working on the first crop - just queue up the mill products behind a much longer batch of feed or PF to hide the amber from the system until you're ready to use it for the second half. This will trick the system into thinking you've run out of amber so it will replenish you with another 5 every 5 hours. When the next 5 becomes available, cancel the first batch of mill products you had waiting to be milled, add in the 5 amber you just received, and queue it up again.

Mathematically speaking, this event is technically possible to do in the 4 days we're given without using up resources (not including the SG and SSG needed to build up enough seeds to cover the entire field) or spending money, as long as the drop rate is decent. But that would require round-the-clock harvesting where you'd have to set your alarm to get up in the middle of the night - something most of us aren't willing to do.

I plan on completing both parts of the event (starting with the shorter crop) using around 250 SG + SSG to make sure I get a solid 8h of sleep each night. I may decide to use a little more than that if harvest times turn out to be too inconvenient.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  16. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Me, it was me, I had to set my alarm for twice during the night to get a proper starter batch. Events start at 8pm for me but I didnt get home until after 11pm, so to get the starter crop running decently I had to wake up twice. It's now just gone 6am and I have no idea what on earth is going on o_O. I'll get 1 more harvest in just before I go to work. I will just get as far as I can on this one, I am determined not to buy anything extra this time around. Everyone is right, this is a money making event for BP.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  17. hatzeva

hatzeva Forum Duke

Way, way too complicated for me to bother with over the weekend!Best of luck to all who are going for it!!

18. cleapape

cleapape Forum Apprentice

I will do everything to get 4 neon stables. I really loved neons. Also waiting G&T for neon stables.

ctindaldavies, joanc123 and Cassie101 like this.
  19. illy1996

Hey, guess who just hit +200% Harvest for 12 hours! xD

20. Erridge

Erridge Forum Expert

Congrats illy

ctindaldavies, mika-1986 and joanc123 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.