Competition EN Forum Competition Ghost Stories October 2022

Discussion in 'Official Forum Competitions' started by Farmers.Almanac, Oct 10, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

ghost stories.png

Halloween and ghosts and friendly monsters are almost here.

Let's imagine ourselves around a campfire in a dark night.
    How goes your scary story?
    We are calling for you,
    the great and creative new novelist.
    Will your story be cute, scary or a wild adventure?

Yes, you may participate in this forum game with more than one posting/story.

What are the prizes?
    * 1 Helper Coupon for 24 hours
    * 5 Party Spins
    * 1 XXL Ghostly Willow
    * 1 Full moon Harvest Booster
    * 1 Gargoyle stable
    * 1 Terror Bouquet
    * 1 Flame Incense

Who wins?
    7 winners will be chosen randomly. Only one reward per participator.

How long will the forum game go on?
    The campfire will be fired at October 11th, 2022 at 14.00 CEST (UTC +2)
    and will be kept burning until October 25th, 2022 at 20.00 CEST (UTC +2)

When the winners are announced and rewards booked?
    The winners will be announced by October 26th, 2022 at 14.00 CEST (UTC +2)
    Rewards will be booked as soon as possible after that.

Now, let's have a terrible fun time!

Let the scary story telling begin!

pumpkin 2.jpg

Good luck all!​

2. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

While relaxing at the campfire I checked my phone for incomming messages. Somehow the one from Marshmallow got my attention right away. It read: If I was you I would run away, NOW.

3. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Hi ! I have a doubt. Should I continue the story of the previous player or should I give a new story or a mini story.

For which I replied, "Same to you" thinking arrogantly that it would take more than a few lines to scare me. But what I forgot was that I did not have Marshmallow saved as a contact in my phone and that it had showed up in my saved contacts list. A terrible lack of insight on my side.

4. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Mysterious, how did Marshmallow get my number and what's that rustling I can hear in the bushes ... perhaps I'd better follow that advice "Everybody - RUN!"

I will continue with this story but I also think we can create a whole story of our own ... can a Mod clarify? Thanks.

5. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello Farmers :)

Sorry for the confusion:oops:

This comp was intended for each person to make their own scary or silly ghost story. :)

Perhaps you all would like to continue this particular ghost story where players build on the plot in the game section. I hope you do as I'm already eager to see what happensxDxD Though it sounds like Marshmallow will catch me as I am not wearing my running shoes:p I haven't received a text yet from Marshmallow but he might need to be careful trying to catch us all around the campfire....I brought chocolate and graham crackers ;):pxDxD

Let's have a spooky time together!

12ss12 and sanddollar15 like this.
  6. WildCat

WildCat Team Leader Team Farmerama EN

Hi all,

We indeed intended everyone to share their own story, but Scary Ghost Panel has reconsidered this surprising twist and decided that this halloween it is your choice.

If you want to continue this one story with few lines each, feel free. But it is also allowed to post completely your own short scary story. Both entries will be counted.

Let's have creatively scary story time!

MeadowCrossing and 12ss12 like this.
  7. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

It was a dark and stormy fall night, and I was walking home and suddenly felt uneasy as I felt someone or something was following
    right behind me.:oops: So as I walked faster I kept hearing a rustling sound and as I turned around I saw a squirrel running through leaves looking for acorns!:music:

8. 12ss12

Once again I started walking and I heard a rustling sound and turned around to see. The moon was shining bright. Something felt odd. Where is my shadow ? Oh No! I had no shadows !!! Where is it ? What is happening ? The trees around me had shadows but where is mine.

9. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

Oh, my, I gasped :eek:....Lo and behold, there was my shadow racing along ahead of me chasing the squirrel!

10. illy1996

The squirrel turned and ...

Mods: I hope it is okay to double post - I can't edit my previous email. :p

Halloween Hotel:

It was Halloween and Wally Walrus and Patty Poodle Moth were travelling home from a Farmerama Halloween Party. It was getting very dark and road signs were becoming more and more difficult to follow. After a while, they seemed to have left the main road behind them and were on some very dark and scary country lanes - it didn't take very long before they realised they were well and truly lost! Carry on or go back, they couldn't decide and were worried that they would become more and more disorientated so they were just about to stop the car when they saw a light ahead. They set off in that direction, hoping to find some friendly farmer who would either direct them or help them find somewhere to stay for the night.

They drove closer and closer to the light's source and finally they caught sight of a beautiful hotel and the light showed a lovely rose bower all round the entrance, though they couldn't make out the colour, being so dark. "How lucky", said Wally. "Who would have thought we would find a place like this in this dark and gloomy forest?"

They rang the bell and just as they were going to give up and resort to sleeping in the car, the door was opened by a tall man in a purple cloak. Patty whispered "Doesn't he look familiar, Wally?". Wally replied, "He does but I can't quite place him - that pumpkin head should give us a clue but I just can't remember where we know him from".

"Hello, my name is Jack and I own this establishment. Can I offer you some refreshment and a room for the night?" "Oh, yes please" they both replied together, perhaps a little too eagerly! It had been some time since they had last eaten. He rang a bell and a strange little fellow resembling a Gargoyle answered the call. After a few muttered instructions, he scurried off only to return a short while later with a tray of food: a cauldron with what looked remarkably like a cat in the the centre (hopefully not a real one!), something slimy and some blue mushrooms. Well, they were so hungry, they just dived in!

After eating and drinking their fill, they found themselves incredibly tired and their host showed them to their room. A bit gloomy and old fashioned but they were too tired to care.

They hadn't been asleep too long when they started to hear strange noises coming from outside of their door, scuttling like mice, leathery wings winging, rattling of chains and general brouhaha. They were a little scared but both too embarrassed in front of their friend to show it so they crept out of bed and looked into the corridor. They saw a Tarantula scurrying along the corridor muttering to itself "I'm so very late, it will have started without me!"

"Well", said Patty, this is a strange carry on. Do you think it is a fancy dress party?" "Only one way to find out" said Wally and hurried to catch up with the spider. They followed the Tarantula up to the belfry where there were some Vampire Bats who were trying to wake up Dracula Bunny. "Come on, come on, everybody is going to be there and all the best treats will be gone". "Just another 40 more winks ... oh okay, okay" said the tired vampire and with that Dracula Bunny rose from his coffin to a standing position in one smooth movement!

"Well, this is all very weird" said Wally.

They followed the troop along more corridors with walls that seemed to be undulating and muttering to themselves, just too low to hear what they were saying. They went through several trap doors, up and down, picking up various spooky friends along the way until they arrived in the dungeon where they found Jack and many others. They all greeted the newcomers with open arms, and with a very unnerving look in their eyes - could it be hunger?

"Come, come, my dear friends" said Jack, come and see my beautiful well here ". Wally and Patty took a step forward but just before they reached the well, they saw a huge Mutant Fish jump out at them from the water with fangs that glistened in the flickering candlelight.

"Run, Wally, run" screamed Patty - "I think we might be on the menu for tonight!". They ran and ran into the night, running as fast as their wings and little flipper legs could take them.

They reached the forest and hid among bushes. They heard the great monster party pass them and heaved a (quiet) sigh of relief. They didn't dare move and very soon they fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning, they awoke and found it hard to believe that all that had happened. They walked back the way they came, much braver in the bright sunshine and found their car. But where was the hotel? "I must have parked the car further away from the hotel than I thought" said Wally. "I don't know" said Patty "I'm sure it was right in front of the door but that can't be, can it?". They got into the car and drove until they stumbled on a quaint little village a few miles down the lane - much easier to find now that it was daylight!

They saw a tea room and ordered breakfast. They enquired about the odd hotel and were amazed when the pretty little Rabbit who served them said "Oh, there's no hotel in these parts, there just isn't the custom for it, you must have been mistaken".

As she turned, Patty just caught sight of her very large fang teeth and hurried Wally out and back to the car ... and to less spooky civilisation! :wuerg:

Last edited by moderator: Oct 14, 2022
  11. 12ss12

My friend, Scary Scarecrow invited me to the campfire party. The party is in Terrorwoods in the Beast Mountain. The place is an isolated natural spot and he has invited all our friends to the campfire party. Hey ! We are going to have fun. I am going to meet all my friends. Away from busy city life. Here I am climbing the mountain in my car. I started in the afternoon and planned to reach the spot in the evening. I left the plains and started driving up the mountain. What a beautiful place. Pure air, blue sky, green slopes, birds chirping and just a few vehicles plying. Absolutely no sound except the wind & the occasional vehicle sounds.

I hummed a tune and switched off the AC and opened the windows to enjoy the fresh air. It was getting dark rapidly. The day was getting dark and dark. Wait ! Its not even time for the sunset. I looked at the time. It was early night. I said to myself, may be it gets dark early in this part of the mountain. I looked up above, there a hotel shining bright in neon lights.
    [​IMG]

It read ' Vampire Beckons'. I might refresh myself a little when I reach the hotel, I planned. I was getting tired and sleepy. When I reached the Hotel, I was very tired. Stretched my body. Closed and rubbed my eyes. What did I see. My eyes should have played false with me. The hotel was eerie.

There were huge bats flying around the hotel. Except for the lights in the windows, there was no lights in the hotel. The Neon Lights they were missing. Suddenly the air became chill and silent.
    [​IMG]

What is that ? A woman hanging in a branch !
    Where did that glowing mushrooms come from ?
    Suddenly there was a Shriek ....AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! A laugh HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA !
    Everything was glowing in the dark. Objects of different sizes and shapes were flying all around me !
    My sense told me to leave the place with all haste.
    I started the car. It didn't start.
    I tried to close the windows. It did not close.
    Oh ! No ! There was it ! IT ! No it was not a IT ! IT multiplied ! IT became THEY !
    [​IMG]

THEY came in my direction shouting, wailing and screaming !
    Run, Get out of the Car, Run away said my brain.
    I got out of the car and started running. All around me there were eerie creatures and sounds.
    I couldn't run anymore ! Something slimy and wet clasped my hand.
    I froze ! But recovered instantly !
    Why should I run anymore ! Sounds and creatures shouldn't scare us. Farmeramarians are made up of sterner stuffs ! Aren't we Farmeramarians rearing lion, tiger, anaconda, etc in our farms. Don't we have zoombie sheeps, hellhounds...
    Turn around I said to myself.
    So I turned singing our Viking Event Song, Hail Queen Meba ! Hail our Viking Queen !

What did I see ? My car was there right beside me. Heaving a relief, I got into it. I unwrapped a jelly candy to eat. Just then my phone rang. My assistant called me. She told me I won a 100% into barn and +1 crop in the Farm wheel and that I had only 5 Party Tickets and I got it in just 5 spins. Hearing the news, I was shocked. Surprised. And fainted dead away.

Suddenly there was a screeching sound. I woke up and there I was in the road in the mountain. I looked around myself, it was not so dark. Atmosphere was Serene. But no hotel or creatures. What happened.

Screeching sound was that of a car stopping nearby. And out of the car came Kitty. Boy, wasn't I happy to see her.

She asked, why I was sleeping in middle of the road in the car. I gave her a confused look. Did it Happen ? or did it not happen ?
    Did I go to sleep ? Was it a dream ? Or was it real ? My hand felt sticky. I looked. There was something sticky. Or was it the Jelly candy I was eating. Couldn't say. I gave Kitty a sheepish smile. Whatever be I had a tale to entertain my friends around the campfire. Heheheeheeeeee....

[​IMG]

12. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

The squirrel, who is a very mischievous squirrel, grabbed my shadow by the arm and dashed along the trail. I followed blindly trying to keep up. I was getting very tired when I spied Patty's and Wally's car. I begged them for help in recapturing my shadow and asked if they would follow the squirrel who maintained a tight grip on my shadow's arm. Patty and Wally didn't even blink at the strangeness of my request and immediately agreed to help. Turns out they'd had their own unusual adventure the night before. Being as this area is renown for odd occurrences this time of year, they were curious to see where the squirrel was so rapidly hurrying.

As we trundled down the road in pursuit, we soon arrived at another car in the middle of the road - it was none other than 12ss12 who was just awakening from a rather unusual dream. We stopped to enquire if all was alright and ask if they'd seen a squirrel pass. 12ss12 was in a very jolly mood having just received word they'd won some fantastic rewards. 12ss12 had seen the squirrel with my shadow and suspected they were off to join Scary Scarecrow's campfire party. We all decided to continue together to the party...there's courage and strength in numbers after all!

habalala, 12ss12 and sanddollar15 like this.
  13. sanddollar15

As the travelers in the car left the Moonlight world following the squirrel toward the Mushroom Forest where deep inside there was indeed a party going on. There at the entrance was the "Gargoyle" making sure everyone had a shadow:oops: so they could enter. You could hear the Hellhounds baying and the Squidling and Trollephant dancing wildly around the campfire! The Slim monster was mixing up a slimy drink:wuerg: The squirrel was getting closer and was sooo excited to have the stolen shadow from MeadowCrossing as somehow the squirrel had miss placed his and did not know where to find it!:music:

habalala, 12ss12 and MeadowCrossing like this.
  14. illy1996

But MeadowCrossing couldn't get in to the party - Squirrel had his shadow. What to do, what to do? It looks such a good party, too. Only one thing for it, MeadowCrossing must find Squirrel's shadow and then persuade Squirrel to swap shadows. Now where could that evasive shadow be?

15. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Three simple questions:

What is it you're staring at?
    Why do you look like a marshmallow?
    How come you aren't sure on your answers?

16. 12ss12

Chapter : The case of missing shadow & Scooby comes to aid.

illy says, MeadowCrossing must get the shadow of the squirrel instead to go to the part. But how ?

habalala says, you must answer certain questions to get the squirrel shadows - 3 questions in fact ! -

"What is it you're staring at?
    Why do you look like a marshmallow?

How come you aren't sure on your answers?"

Such tricky questions ! All of us scratched our heads. Even school exam questions weren't this tough ! Here we didn't even have a bit paper to help us find answer to the questions. They were out of syllabus questions. There wasn't even a next bench student, to snatch a look at his answer sheet for the answers.

Oh ! This is not getting us into anywhere.

If we don't have the squirrel's shadow, let's snatch someone else shadow and give it to MeadowCrossing. Squirrel did it, right. So let's do it too.

Scooby-Doo might have a spare shadow, after all it deals with so much ghosts. (I was one of those gullible who still had great faith in Scooby-Doo).

Scooby agreed to do it for a Scooby snacks. It snatched Shaggy's shadow and gave us.
    Now Scooby also wants to come to the campfire party.

17. sanddollar15

The real question is...dun, dun, dah! Where on that dark fall night did the squirrel lose his shadow and why was MeadowCrossing's shadow chasing after the squirrel??:music:xDxD

habalala, MeadowCrossing and 12ss12 like this.
  18. 12ss12

I just got a call from Scary Scarecrow that shadows have by themselves gone to the campfire party without MeadowCrossing and squirrel.

19. illy1996

How did they get past the Gargoyle on the door? I smell some iffy magic in this tale. :wuerg:

20. sanddollar15

I am staring at the other misty objects floating near by!:music:
    Ghosts who have been dead longer tend to look like floating Marshmallows:oops:
    I am sure of my answers!xDxDxD Happy spooky Halloween!

habalala, MeadowCrossing and 12ss12 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.