EP Strategies (Compiled Version)

Discussion in 'Game Strategy Discussion' started by penguilnz, Mar 18, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

In this thread I will compile all of the strategies to earn more ep.
    Please feel free to add strategies.:)

Some strategies:
    1. Open fuzzles gift before you harvest because the sheep might give you ep bonus.
    2. Eat EP giving foods (quiche, cherry cheesecake, etc)
    3. Use crafting foods like Easter Marmalade, Spring Wreath, Sweet Rose Jam, Zucchini Apple Bread and Carrot Bread
    4. Fulfill FSQs.
    5. Fulfill Farmhouse Orders, especially Naomi Camel's orders as she only requires tree fruits and she gives a reasonable amount of ep.
    6. Plant long crops overnight.
    7. Use pets. (Use as many as you can)
    8. Use orange/red/pink upgrades for stables and XXL upgrades for trees.
    9. Open cloud rows with ep bonus before you harvest
    10. If you see party spins with ep bonus, spin before you harvest
    11. Stuff your park/shipwreck bay full of ep/baha-ep givers
    12. Some refinements in greenhouse give ep bonus
    13. Use buffs before turning on auto-harvester
    14. Doing events and mini events
    15. Unlocking green thumb rune in the tree of wisdom (50 Stars) which boost EP by 10% on all harvested crops and event crops
    16. Using Suzy Super Grow on crops and trees boost EP by 50%
    17. Use of Jumbo Trees boost EP, especially XXL Jumbo Trees which gives 2000 EP.
    18. Happy Stable Day gives double EP on all stables and workshops
    19. Mega EP Day gives 100% EP On Everything for 24 Hours (boost will come only if you spend real money)
    20. Take advantage of happy tree day (Gives 5 x EP On All Trees including Jumbo Trees)
    21. Harvesting trees in the glade gives 5% More EP Than other fields
    22. Harvesting stables, workshops and breeding pens in the glade Gives 10% more EP than other fields
    23. If you can't login for a few days, use comfort fields and plant a long crop so that it will be ready when you come back. In this way you will earn more EP and escape the weeds.
    24. Finish the Magical Beanstalk Quest as soon as possible so that you can have access to the cloud rows. Try to get more cloud rows from events so that you have more ep cloud rows to harvest. There is no limit to the number of cloud rows you can have.
    (To moderators) If this is not allowed/you think this is not necessary please close/delete the thread.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. IVANCICA30

IVANCICA30 Regular

thank you penguilnz for this so usefull strategies :D:D

KaiCat33, penguilnz and d5aisy like this.
  3. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

1. Play the game regularly.
    2. Do not leave the Farm idle
    3. Where possible get a Premium subscription with 'Tree Auto-harvest'. You won't have an idle farm.
    4. Get at least 200 of each Tree, 127 of each Animal Pen, 44 of each Production Pen. o_Oops that's my long term wish...
    ;););)

4. woody

woody Commander of the Forum

Open cloud rows before you harvest as well... that's my big nemesis, lol

Also, use any farm wheel spins you plan to use before harvesting, if an EP boost is included.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  5. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

xDxDxD
    It's time for more jokes!

@woody thank you for adding some strategies.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  6. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

I would add Carrot bread to your list of Craft items. Yes, Spring wreath, Easter marmalade and Sweet Rose Jam, along with Zucchini Apple Bread are the top choices for EP but don't forget the carrot bread. It is a level 1 bakery item and is the cheapest to buy in the market making it affordable for low level players to boost their EP on crops.

KaiCat33, marymac50, -Mir85- and 2 others like this.
  7. woody

Pumpkin jam, too.... it doesn't boost EP directly, but by giving 1+ product, it does also increase EP, and tends to be affordable, unlike CAC which is better, but can be rather pricey.

Might be good, at the bottom to put down which things can be combined, as well. That is, an EP from either the wheel or fuzzy will be multiplied more by something like a wreath., but you cannot use 2 wreaths. (not sure if some lower level products can be used in combination?)

Also, while the item specific boosts are generally not that great, if you are growing a particular crop for another reason, then adding a boost can be a relatively cheap bonus, since these items tend to be relatively inexpensive. (depends on the market, of course... lavender jam used to be cheap in my market, but has recently spiked a bit, just as an example).

KaiCat33, penguilnz and IVANCICA30 like this.
  8. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

Stuff your park and cloud rows full of EP givers. Besides the ones you can win in events and FSQs, check Pirate Cove for sale on cc deco items that give EP (soccer fan, german shepherd etc). Might be tedious if you don't have the harvester though.

Use the refinery to get bonuses like decreased growing times, more EP, more effective water & manure etc for crops you grow often.

9. woody

This is very true, however, buffs do not work with the auto-harvester, so you have to choose-- do you want the convenience or the extra benefit of the buff/cloud row, etc. In most cases, I use auto-harvest, but there are times when I want a specific buff to work and will turn off the auto-harvest function.

Last edited by moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    KaiCat33, IVANCICA30 and penguilnz like this.
  10. AnnTAngel7

AnnTAngel7 Advanced

You can also turn off the auto harvester the night before, then when you log back in you can set all of your buffs before you turn the auto harvester back on. That way you get the best of both worlds. This works great for happy tree day.
    I agree about not letting your farm be idle and get as many ep boosting pets as you can. Another thing is have a plan.... know what crops, animals or fruit you are low on and/or need to do quests. Then either grow/raise those or in some cases what you are going to sell to buy those things.

11. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

Sorry for the interruption...:oops:
    What is auto-harvester?

The list is not exhaustive, but maybe it's a great idea to add carrot bread to the list since it's cheap.
    Thank you pnp for your contribution.:)

@woody I don't understand the logic of a crop increasing ep?

KaiCat33 and IVANCICA30 like this.
  12. woody

Penguiz, The EP is given per item, so if you have more than one item, you get more EP, even though its not a direct EP booster.. that is, you get more EP because you harvest more items, not because each item gets a higher EP. I am not sure how many, if any EP boosters work with either pumpkin jam or CAC, but if, say, you use it on a mega EP day or in combination with an EP boost from fuzzy or the wheel, then each harvested item would be more EP, in addition to getting more items in your harvest.

(did I make myself clear this time?)
    Oh, and thank you, but you don't have to credit me with the additions. They are things I have learned from other people here. None are close to original, I just happened to be the first to post them this time.

13. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

woody, you get EP per plot you harvest, not per crop, so using pumpkin jam or carrot apple chutney has no effect on the EP you receive when harvesting.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.

14. abubadi66

abubadi66 Old Hand

Auto harvester is for trees you get only by purchasing premium membership, while it saves you time harvesting trees, the bonus from buffs like 20% EP more (example) does not apply, I hope I am accurate about this.

KaiCat33, IVANCICA30 and penguilnz like this.
  15. AnnTAngel7

AnnTAngel7 Advanced

Any buffs that normally work on trees will work with auto harvest provided that they are active when your trees harvest.

16. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I've turned off my "auto-harvest" for quite awhile now.:p(a little trick I learned from a very smart guy....MSB:inlove:)!!!!! I've timed it so XXL's are harvested when I can activate all my 20% ers in the morning and evening. It has really boosted my daily EP & BEP!!! Having the cloud row activated that boosts BEP trees also helps.
    I pick up the non-XXL trees during my reg harvests throughout the day or night...but at least they are getting the 60% from the owls.

17. abubadi66

abubadi66 Old Hand

I am afraid not, it is officially stated that with Auto harvester you lose the bonuses of the buffs, while other buffs like SSG and turbo mulch bonuses applies.

18. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

Hi Penguilmz

This is a Good Thread on How to Get EP or Boost Your EP....Here is Some More Pointers to Add to your List

14. Completing or Doing Events and Mini Events
    15. Unlock Green Thumb Rune Boost EP by 10% on All Harvested Crops
    16, Use Suzy Super Grow on Crops and Trees Boost EP by 50%
    17, Use of Jumbo Trees Boost EP XXL Jumbo Trees Gives 2000 EP
    18. Take Advantage of Happy Stable Mini Event Double EP On All Stables and Workshops
    19. Take Advantage of Mega EP Day 100% EP On Everything for 24 Hours
    20. Take Advantage of Happy Tree Day (Gives 5 x EP On All Trees including Jumbo Trees)
    21. Harvesting Trees in The Glade Gives 5% More EP Than Other Fields
    22. Harvesting Stables in The Glade Gives 10% More EP Than Other Fields
    23. Using Breeding Motels in The Glade Gives 10% More EP Than Other Fields
    24, Using Production Pens in The Glade Gives 10% More EP Than Other Fields

I have been playing This Game for 5 Years Now. Not All FAQ are All Up to Date, Some Old Info is Lost under the Old Forum. Hope This Help All Fellow Farmers ;););)

farmlily3, EagleMax, KaiCat33 and 4 others like this.
  19. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

@abubadi66 can you tell me where it is stated? I'm curious...;)
    @Mooboy thank you for adding these points.

20. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Where? Do you have a reference, because I don't think this is true.

The problem with pets and buffs is if you get to activate them before auto harvesting. If you have auto harvest turned on, and you have trees on the main field, as soon as you log in the trees on the main fields will be harvested, so you will not have time to activate any buffs or pets. As AnnTAngel and Brookeham has already explained, one has to turn auto tree harvest on and off to get the most EP. Like this:
    • Auto tree harvester off
    • Before you harvest, activate all pets and eat any EP enhancer like Easter marmalade, spring wreath or rose jam, activate cloud rows for more tree EP
    • Go to the villa and turn auto tree harvester on
    • Visit all fields where you want to harvest trees
    • Go to the villa and turn auto tree harvest off

So what is the great thing about auto tree harvester?
    Regular trees take 20 hours to mature, but most of us can only harvest them once a day, so 4 hours is lost every day. The auto trees harvester "fixes" this. Say you plant a regular tree, then come to auto harvest it after 24 hours, not only is the tree harvested, but the time until next harvest is only 16 hours, because it counts those 4 hours after the tree was ready :D This way you don't have any down time on your trees :) (someone please let me know if I got this right :p)

It is even possible to wait longer before harvesting, you will then get the EP from all the days, but only the fruit from the last day (thanks AnnT). Edit: You will get all the EP and fruit, but only drops for one harvest (or maybe two?). Now it has been a very long time since we had a happy tree day (5xEP on trees), but I know of players who left their farm covered in trees for months without harvesting, then auto harvesting on happy tree day (with lots of buffs) to get many millions of EP :eek: to me it sounds like a boring way to play farmerama :wuerg::p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015