Event FAQs

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Sep 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Hi there

I just have a little query about the time our FAQs go up. I notice it is always the day prior to the event going live ( Around 4pm -GMT+4).

Upon reading the new On Northern Shores FAQ I noticed the product requirement of Quill Pens. I I see that is a production pen that was a previous prize award and cannot be bought or purchased so if you dont have one you have to buy the quills from the market. 75 of them.
    Popped off to the market and it is empty. Its also empty of turkeys and pretty much empty of sheep (the animal component). Seemed a little strange so I checked the German Forum.

They get their FAQ 48 hours before an event. Thats 24 hours before we do. No wonder the market is empty. How can we be expected to purchase something we cannot make, to complete a step of the quest, when there aren't any, let alone 75each for possibly half the current players.

But I digress. How come the german forum gets the FAQ a day earlier? It seems to happen regularly. Please? To have equal grounding, they should all be the same.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  2. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

I absolutely agree with you on this. There is no "quill pen" in my market. It would be nice to be informed at equal times.

Cassie101 and ctindaldavies like this.
  3. ctindaldavies

Having a look around, Italy got it 7 hours before we did, as did Czech and hungarian forums.

4. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

Every Farmerama Team gets the event information via email 2 days before the event goes live.
    Then, they create the FAQ using their mods account. This means, they are the only ones who can see the FAQ.
    It is hidden for all of us.

That is why you see in the German or Italian forum different times. That is just the time when the FAQ was created in that forum. But that does not mean regular players had access to it. It is hidden for everyone until 10 am CET, when it is released to all forums.

edit: If by the time the FAQs are released, there is not a single product of a specific item that it is required in the upcoming event, it's because either developers, mods, or their friends take advantage of the intel they know

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  5. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello ctindaldavies,

As escalonilla stated, all FAQs have a set time to be released for all Forums. The time on a post does not dictate when the FAQ was posted, only made. On the EN forum, we edit our posts so the actual posting time is shown on the FAQ.

The Market is not sold out due to mods or their families knowing the requirements. The FAQ was posted several hours before this question, so it is reasonable to say that many players have had the opportunity to purchase the quills quickly. I am sure they will start showing back up in the Market as many players will take advantage of the opportunity to sell. This is how the Market has worked for a very long time.

Please leave your thoughts in the Feedback thread where it will be conveyed back to the Game Team.

Can I assist the OP further?

zerodegrees likes this.
  6. ctindaldavies

Who suggested the mods or their families bought out the market?
    And the question was posted several hours after the FAQ was posted because I sat and stewed on it for several hours before asking.

Thank you for your reply. NFQ

7. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

On behalf of those that assisted, you are welcome.

~NFQ~ closing thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.