Event_Crops

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by Event_crops, Aug 24, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Event_crops

Event_crops Forum Apprentice

Hello! I'm a baby farm belonging to --Shimmer-- (just Shimmer in the forum)

I thought it would be really nice to create a farm just to act as a library for all the beautiful event crops, now we no longer get weeds. I intend to leave one 2x2 square of each crop growing at the end of the event and hope it won't get picked up by the end of event crop exchange!
    The plan is to open up all the available land and then stop playing. Let's see if the plan survives contact with FOCD.

spotsbox, Brookeham, baw815 and 4 others like this.
  2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Good luck shimmer with your new farm! I hope from time to time you will take a photo of your farm and share it. Some of our event crops are just lovely:)

3. Event_crops

Hi PnP! That's the plan. Do you think this thread would be the place to share photos or a thread in 'game related chit chat'?
    I probably won't be taking very frequent photos. Perhaps one a month?

I'm glad to start with the glowberries. One of the most beautiful event crops, I think!

spotsbox, farmlily3 and joanc123 like this.
  4. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Shimmer what a great idea!!! We would love your pictures! Good luck with your plan;)
    I believe you can share the pictures here, I don't think there would be a problem, since with the pictures of event crops you introduce your new farm Event_crops.:p
    Will you also unlock Bahamarama?

spotsbox, farmlily3 and joanc123 like this.
  5. Event_crops

Yes! I have to have somewhere to keep the Baha-only event crops, after all.
    I'm currently collecting stars to unlock everything. So slow!

6. Arielh

Good luck! If you need any help let us know:)

7. Event_crops

I want to ask people's opinions...
    If a crop is growable on the mainland and on Baha, should I just keep one square or one on the mainland and one on Baharama? Or even one on each field it can be grown on? (I haven't unlocked the Rainforest yet though, it costs a massive 250 stars to do that.
    I'm leaning towards one on the mainland and one on Baha. Also if a crop is reused (as the glowberries have been) should I collect another square?
    This is kind of a project for everyone so I'd like to know what people think.

spotsbox and joanc123 like this.
  8. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

Me I would do one for main and one for Baha for sure.... you could do one for each it is plantable on, but i think you may run out of room useing 2x2's. If I am getting your repeat crops on events right. I would just not plant it next time around. :) but that is what I would do.. others may do differently. :)

Dont we also have events for each land? Like just main land and Baha events? that's when you can use the extra land for too.( This way take a picture of a farm and it be called like Baha event crop on one and the other be main/baha event crop land).. if you so wish. or mix them up for every event we get crops for just fill them up.

9. Arielh

I believe that if a crop is grow able on the mainland and on Baha you should only grow it on the mainland, no need to use space on baha too. It is better to keep it for baha event crops only.
    And if a crop is reused I think it deserves another field again.
    That's my opinion consider everything and do what you think it is best. What you started doing is an amazing idea, thank you:)
    I also thought you could post your pictures in the Farm Pictures area.

10. Moraine

Moraine Forum Demigod

Think we have more events with mainland, than baha - so I would put it in Baha, providing you can open all fields. And hello Shimmer :)

11. Event_crops

I've decided to treat the mainland as one area and Baha as another, and keep one plot of each crop in each area it can be grown. So, a maximum of 2 plots of any crop. I'll be publishing my first pictures when this event has finished.
    Could I trouble someone for a CAC please? I need it to get the 10 GB from this event to open more land. It's so tempting to just send one from my main account but I don't think that's allowed.

12. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

It is ok to gift between your farms. A Moderator will reassure you of this if you ask in General Help. :)

spotsbox and Event_crops like this.
  13. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Yes it is OK to send stuff between your own farms now. The rules were clarified a year or so ago. Good luck.

14. Event_crops

That's great! Thanks joanc, farmerumf.

spotsbox, Arielh and joanc123 like this.
  15. Event_crops

[​IMG]
    My main field is looking good, for the first time. Baharama is still fairly empty because I've been using a single 2x2 square for each crop (or I'd have no space at all to plant by now.
    Do people think I should keep reducing the number squares for each event crop and keep planting on the main field, or move onto a different field?

Arielh, spotsbox, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  16. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

What a fab idea Shimmer!!! :DI adore your pic of old event crops!!! I sure wish we could have kept many of them!!!! :inlove::music:

17. Arielh

The farm has turned out great so far:inlove:
    Maybe you can move to another field and then if you see that you don't have enough space to start reducing the number of squares for each event crop.

joanc123 likes this.