FAQ Neighbours

Discussion in 'Game FAQ's' started by teddy.bear, Nov 8, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

981.png

* What is the point of having neighbours?
    As explained in the {FAQ} Green Meadow, 12 neighbours are required to clear the rubble on your Green Meadow. Once unlocked, these parts will remained unlocked.
    * How can I add a new neighbour?
    clicking on the Arrows in the right will open up a small popup with all the neighbour options:
    neighborbar.png

1: Open and Close the Neighbour bar
    2: By clicking this you enter gifting layer
    3: The Neighbour bar and up/down & 1st/last page arrows
    4: You can recognize yourself with the blue-tab

5: Add new neighbour

The icon #5: invite another Farmer: Opens the tools to add new neighbour in your list:

addnewbuddy.png

The 1st icon in the tool bar:

991.gif
    Your friend will see a pop-up on his/her farm informing them that you would like to become their neighbour.
    992.jpg
    If your buddy already has all his neighbour tabs filled, you'll get a pop-up informing you that he/she has too many neighbours.
    993.jpg

2nd icon: Rent-a-virtual-friend option

The button takes you to Farm Supplies to buy one of two options or both of them if you like.
    rentafriend.png

This Rent-a-Friend cost 15 BBs for 30 days.

Just as any other neighbour, this virtual-neighbour will clear 1 zone of your Green Meadow ( see {FAQ} Green Meadow )
    995.jpg
    You can then decide to prolong the rented friend, if you want to, for an extra 30 days for only 10 BBs.
    Invite a Super Friend
    A "Super friend" is a virtual friend who will send you gifts for 14 successive days!
    You can have as many Super friends as you want!
    This type of added neighbour will not clear a part of your Green Meadow.
    No interaction is possible with this type of neighbour.
    See more details about Super-Friends here:
    {FAQ} Rent-a-Super friend

Last edited by moderator: Jun 2, 2022
  2. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Interaction with neighbours

* Apart from neighbours clearing the land in the Green Meadow, what other advantages are there to having several neighbours?

By clicking the neighbour icon (with the yellow-tab) you can open the toolbar for further features to interact with your neighbours

neighboursandtools.png
    • When your neighbours level up, you'll get an EP bonus.
      When your neighbour levels up, you'll see a small yellow star appear next to their avatar
    996.png
    As soon as you've clicked on your neighbour's avatar, then on this icon:
    997.png
    you'll see a bubble float up showing the EPs that you have received.

The bonus EP that you receive when you congratulate your neighbors for leveling up is calculated by your level in relation to the level of your neighbour.
    • Neighbours can send you gifts.
      You can send them gifts too.
      Just click on their avatar, then on the gift icon, and select a gift to send.
    998.png
    If you receive a gift from someone who is not one of your neighbours,
    • it could be from a buddy/friend.
      To return a gift from a buddy/friend, you can do so from the Post Office -> Friends tab, then "Send Gift" (on the bottom-left).
      • firstly select the gift that you wish to send
      • then select the neighbour/friend/buddy that you want to send the gift to, and validate.
    • it could also be a gift from someone who has just sent you an ingame message (in the near or faraway past).
    • it could also be from a farmer who has just sent you a neighbour request, that you may have, or may not yet have, received.
    • and finally, it could also be from a neighbour/friend/buddy who has just changed his Farm Username.
    (see also {FAQ} Gifts )

• Neighbours can write ingame messages to each other
      By clicking on your neighbour's avatar, then on this icon:
    999.png
    It will open up the Post-Office pop-up, from where you can write an ingame message, or send a Suzy Air Mail
    (see also: {FAQ} Post Office )

* How many neighbours can I have?
    You have space for a maximum of 18 neighbors (17 plus yourself).
    You can recognise
    your own tab: it's the blue-tab, showing the same Avatar/Crest as the one next to your Farmhouse. (see also {FAQ} Crest Creator)
    999a.png

* How can I get more than 18 neighbours?

* Where do I find new neighbours to add?
    You can find neighbours in the Neighbour Requests section of the Forum.
    * What are the small green/red lights next to each neighbour?
    These indicate whether your neighbour is logged into their farm.
    • Green = logged in
    • Red = logged out

* What is the Yellow Star on my closed neighbours tab?
    999b.png
    This indicates that one of your neighbours have levelled up.
    Check through your lists page-by-page until you find the neighbour who has a yellow star.

By clicking on their avatar, then the 'person' icon, you'll get an EP bonus.

* Why are some of my neighbours "faded"?
    999c.png
    This indicates that you have a neighbour invitation pending.
    As long as both parties haven't 'accepted' the neighbourship, the avatar will remain 'faded'.

• If both parties agree, the "fading" will go, and leave a normal avatar
    • if one party 'refuses' the neighbour, that 'pending neighbour' will vanish, leaving an available slot for another neighbour.

* Why does one of my neighbours have a flashing red thermometer?
    999d.gif
    This thermometer indicates farm activity.
    When it is green, the player is active, logs in regularly and farms regularly.
    If it is red, the neighbour isn't playing as regularly, and his/her thermometer, after having dropped to red, will start flashing.
    Then, finally, he/she will end up dropping off your list.

* Can I delete a neighbour?
    Yes. Only if they have been your neighbour for more than 7 days.
    By selecting this icon:
    999e.png
    You will be asked to validate this action.
    Clicking on the checkmark will delete that neighbour from your neighbour list.
    However, this will NOT remove them from your buddy-list
    Note: If this neighbour was your Farmerama Wedding Partner, deleting them will only cause a Marriage Annulment. To delete them completely, you will need to delete them again as neighbour.

* Will I lose land if I lose a neighbor?
    No
    Once unlocked, your meadow will remain cleared of rubble even if you lose neighbours.

Last edited by moderator: Jun 2, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.