Competition Farmerama's 6th Birthday - Community Raffle

Discussion in 'Official Forum Competitions' started by teddy.bear, Jan 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

To celebrate Farmerama's 6th Birthday, the Game Team has prepared a Forum competition for you as well!
    competition.png

Start: Monday, the 25th of January 2016 at 14:00 CET
    Ends: Tuesday, the 2nd of February 2016 at 17:00 CET

To enter, you need to post your best memory related to Farmerama. It can be a short story about an achievement or exciting/funny/unforgettable moment or a beautiful screenshot of their most liked Farmerama items/events. If you choose to post a screenshot, there is no maximum size limit for the pictures since the forum will resize them automatically.

Please note: By posting the pictures, screenshots, text/stories, you allow Farmerama to use this material and spread it on Forums and Facebook!

Every user can take part several times, you only have to remember to mention your user ID in the post. Please include it even if you have it in your signature!

In every language forum, the community has the chance to like their most favourite Farmerama memory in this thread. The top 5 posts with the most likes in every language, will win.​

The reward for the 5 winners is the brand new forum competition item: Our brand new forum competition item: Pot o' Gold.​

Pot o' Gold
    scare.gif
    Time: 9 hours
    Size: 1x1
    Gives: 200 EP
    The item can be placed on the three main lands (main farm, green meadow, magical glade), park and shipwreck bay.

Please post your entries below before the 2nd of February, at 17:00 CET.​

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

My best memory of Farmerama was the first Christmas I played, back in 2012. BP held a chat competition that started right after Thanksgiving and lasted 3 weeks or more, I can't remember exactly. I had only been playing a few months, and was not sure I wanted to continue doing so, when I happened upon mention of the competition on a fan site. I'd never been to chat, and it sounded fun, so I decided to go and see what it was about. It was the best decision I've made the entire time I've been playing on my farm. I met so many truly beautiful people during that time, people I'm still blessed to know and call friends. It's also where many of us were introduced to the wonderful teddy.bear, and Intrepid, and Nexxon, and the other awesome mods who watched over us. We started out on the US server, but sometimes there weren't enough of us in US chat to play a round, so teddy would herd us over to EN, which is how we ended up here, or at least how I did :p. Those three weeks were a total blast, we'd all hover over our keyboards afraid to leave for fear a round would start without us o_OxD. And in between rounds, we got to know each other, and told jokes, and helped each other, and just had a great time, which I'm sure was the true intent of the whole thing. It was there that I was first diagnosed with FOCD:wuerg:, in fact first discovered what it was to begin with, lol. And it introduced me to the forum, which I didn't even know existed, much less know how important it is. I remember by the second week I'd spent so much time in chat talking with all my new found farmer friends and competing, that I'd go to sleep and dream, and the conversations in my dreams were in chat formatxDxD. There are many things about life here on the farm I love, especially the sense of community and kindness and love of fun that are prevalent and can be seen almost everywhere you look, but of all the memories I've made here, and there are many, that period of time is and always will be what Farmerama is to me.:inlove: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FARMERAMA!♥

teddy, I forgot my ID again :p, and I don't seem to be able to edit my post, so I'm putting it here in hopes you or one of the other mods can edit it into my entry for me :music:. Sorry for the double post.:(

ID: 42607514.

Last edited by moderator: Jan 25, 2016
    zelbug10, tommone63, -Mir85- and 26 others like this.
  3. supplysally

supplysally Forum Apprentice

Best Wishes to one and all!! I Love, love, love Farmerama! My daughter called me up four years ago and said "Mom, I found a game I think you will like, it's a browser game so there's nothing to download." (At the time, I was very computer challenged) As soon as I signed in I was totally hooked! I haven't missed a single day of play. The design, the artistry, the competitions, events, prizes, animals, crops, the Moderators, Support Team are simply the BEST!!! I hope this game and all the wonderful people that make it possible, continue on into infinity! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I forgot my ID. #40504976 Apologies. (My face is red!)

Last edited by moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  4. -CountryGal-

-CountryGal- Junior Expert

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the wonderful people that created and maintain this super fantastic farming game! It is the highlight of my day and the first thing I do every morning since I signed up. I can't say enough about the people who maintain and provide customer service. They are simply outstanding and I'm hooked for life! Keep up the terrific work! You are all the BEST! XXXXXXOOOOOO
    ID#35336926

5. sdhoneybear

sdhoneybear Forum Apprentice

Happy birthday, everyone! I love my little present from Farmarama. :)
    I love to check things off. I really enjoy completing the Farmer's Society quests and wonder how many others feel compelled to complete them. I have especially enjoyed finishing the levels of my trades, but, as a bit of a bittersweet memory, given the many M6 coins I have left, and the fact that the M6 Quest is going bye-bye, I include for you a screenshot of my completion of that item as one of my first to check off. I can happily say that I have 26 pages of quests done, only 16 to go! :)
    User: sdhoneybearID: 50155210

[​IMG]

6. papas7077

papas7077 Forum Greenhorn

How can i forget the mess i made in my kitchen for a rare decorative item? I participated in Food art crafting competition with Bahamarama Nublons Invasion , and i attempted to chop,and shape vegetables, with a very sharp blade,
    and transform avocados ,into flying saucer and palm tree leaves.
    It was a tough,and at the same time it was a really fun and very creative process .
    I wish: Happy birthday Farmerama, happy birthday to you. :music:
    ID:5997571
    [​IMG]

7. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

Well this might sound corny...but I was going through a terrible time...found farmarama and it help me to keep my sanity. It was my reprieve when the world around me was crashing. Thank you for that...being my safe haven where I could hide for awhile.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

8. trishap58

trishap58 Forum Master

Happy Happy Birthday Farmerama !!!

I am sure this will bring back Memories to all who were playing in 2010.

I remember planting my crops, go back to harvest , and oh no it's raining , so here I go rushing around trying to get my crops harvested as the rain was leaving water puddles scattered around on my field where my crops once were.

I also remember going to the City to the Airport/ Air Strip, and Flying to get my Bahama Mile . ( Mind you not I am not a pilot by no means, so you can imagine how many time I flew that plane into the side of the barn...lol )
    The only way to the Bahama's was that Plane!

I Loved watching that Old Red Truck run to and from the City.

So yes Farmerama over all has been a life line to myself as well as to many others I see !

Thank you Farmerama !!!

Thank you, also to all the game designers, all the Farmerama Team for making Farmerama such a wonderful game!!!
    And also I want to say a Huge Thank you to all the Moderators for your Kind, wonderful, help and Support !
    I would also like to give Thanks to my Forum Family, for all the encouragement, support and all of your help !!

o_Oops forgot to add Farm ID 10522248
    sorry I could not edit post

Last edited by moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    yagmur_5, zelbug10, Rock* and 11 others like this.
  9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]

ID: 49582283​

yagmur_5, zelbug10, meba091 and 19 others like this.
  10. SimBoo

SimBoo Forum Apprentice

A friend phoned me just recently quite concerned about my mental health….she had heard through another friend that I had moved to a farm and was quite happy raising chickens, dogs, goats, pigs and horses along with several new crops added week by week. I have in fact moved to a real life farm so this news wasn’t at all unusual to her. What she was concerned about was that I was now raising ostriches, getting ready for reindeers and hoping for a skunk or two in the near future! o_OSeems my real life and online presence have morphed into my conversations with the same passion!

User: SimbaBooID: 53266256 Happy 6th Birthday Farmerama it's nice to share it with you.

11. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely Farmers, :)

Please be so kind and remember to 'like' the posts you appreciate as this is how you vote for them in the competition. Please refrain from posting comments or quoting the posts, as only entries should be posted in here.

:inlove: Thank you all for the amazing memories shared so far, and we are looking forward to sharing more of your lovely stories. Don't forget you can post multiple entries as well!
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

12. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

A really good memory for me is the advent calendar we made together on the forum for Christmas 2014:

[​IMG]

ID: 49582283​

yagmur_5, LDCrow, meba091 and 27 others like this.
  13. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Gift and Trade remains my favorite event of the game. As a new player without much to offer, my first Gift and Trade was amazing with experienced farmers sharing treasures from their farms with no expectation of anything in return. I was so amazed and genuinely touched with such generosity and that same experience happens every time even now that I am a more seasoned player. I hope that I can pass along that same joy when I gift a player.

ID# 42614584

Last edited by moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    meba091, marymac50, -Mir85- and 16 others like this.
  14. JJenks

JJenks Forum Ambassador

My fondest memory has to be the My Little Pony Event 2013. I had not been playing that long, just lurking in the shadows of the forum. At that time the forum was an active place full of in depth conversations on every farm topic....I read everything. Then they announce this event with this new Cloud House Pet and a recipe for a new buff. There was talk of how this new buff would be a game changer, Oh how I wanted it. I had not even finished an event at this time, knew I didn't stand a chance. But the players on the forum got together and set up a SOS for CAC...something I had never even used or couldn't afford. I gathered my courage and posted in the thread and I got 2 CAC's from 2 players, made promises to make the best use of them....I stayed up around the clock, treated them like gold, and finished the event. But that was not the best part, Those 2 players were wonderful farmers who ended up teaching me much more. I often think of them, I'm sure a lot of you will still remember Chayy and HorseCrazy. They taught me how many wonderful and selfless people play this game. That was what has kept me playing this game for the last three years...

meba091, sarann, Rock* and 18 others like this.
  15. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

There are so many memories from the last three years that I have been playing that it would be hard to pick a favorite. Many of my memories are 'landmark' memories of special moments that will stay with me for a long time. All of them are surrounded with such a warm, welcoming community of players that are willing to take the time to offer advice, support, encouragement to give you a boost to build your confidence for a tough task or to commiserate when things didn't go well.

I remember the highs of being able to finish my first event, to getting to level 4 in the Confectionery and being able to make my own magical CAC ( in those days, it sold for almost 100k CC), getting a really good skip during baby boom (I got a golden hen!), the summer that so many of my friends who became neighbors all gathered in chat about the same time each evening, my first pink pen, and accomplishing certain goals such as the first million CC, opening Baharama, the Lychee Lover thread in the old forum (I didn't reach it before Bahamarama changed) or finishing a really hard Farmer Society quest.

The forum games that we used to play gave us an opportunity to fellowship together while we waited for crops to grow. I had such a good time when we played Two Truths and Lie and had to give silly reasons. The creativity in those reasons was hysterical.

We have seen sad times too. We didn't finish global challenges and had to say farewell to friends who had become family. A few close friends have left the game and gone on to other thins in their lives and they are wished all the very best. A couple players we had to say goodbye to and they live on in our hearts and memories.

I found this game while dealing with medical problems. The friends I have made here have become family. To each of you, I say thank you. Thank you for making this game part of my daily life. You are dear to me and I hope we can all celebrate many more Farmerama birthdays together.

ID: 42614584

meba091, Rock*, julie1013 and 22 others like this.
  16. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

When I started playing Farmerama in 2010 there were 3 Lists of Top players in the Game. Now there are only 2, the 10 more rich players and the 10 who have the most EP. Back then there was a third category "the Beauty List". I always wanted to get to one of the Lists and in the only one I had a shot was the Beauty list. In the news there was a system where we could see other player's photos of their farm and vote for them. I had tried a few times to win but players didn't vote for me with 4(You could choose 1, 2 ,3 or 4) or they didn't know me. My brother helped me and spread it through some players and then I was in the List! I was so excited and it was so important for me. In the summer 2011 I managed to see my name in the news!
    Fortunately I knew how to take a screenshot and I still have it.
    [​IMG]
    Kατάταξη Ομορφιάς= Beauty List

Before I found out about the Greek forum I used to see the pictures of other farms and especially of highest level farmers. That's how I used to "discover" the new trees, seeds, stables. I remember one perticular plant which I thought it was a tree, the gooseberry. I was excited of how many "trees" this player had but when I unlocked it and grew it I found out it wasn't a tree after all. I miss this fancion a lot. It was one of the first things I liked in this game.

And that's the photo farmers voted me for. You can also see the old grafics. I don't know what is still left the same.
    [​IMG]

ID: 10154901

17. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Probably the number one reason I love Farmerama is the community. When I first started, I didn't know just how important community is to the entire game experience. Of course I needed neighbors to open my field, but I never had much to do with them; I couldn't fathom talking to these perfect strangers I bumped into on a game, of all places. And I had no clue as to how valuable their assistance was during events and just to learn the nuances of the game. Mine was pretty much a solitary farm life. Then, thru circumstance I was introduced to the forum, and everything changed. At first I was afraid to post. Everyone seemed to know each other and were comfortable with each other, and here I was the odd farmer out. But when I finally decided to take the plunge and post, I was welcomed with open arms. Many of you know me from chat and here in the forum, and know I tend to talk, ALOT, lol. Some are very surprised to learn I'm actually quite shy.

This community is so amazing, so accepting, so welcoming, and so much a family, and I am humbled to be part of it. Like others, I found this game during a devastating period during my life, and it became a lifeline (not corny at all;)). A few months ago when I had to leave farm life suddenly, it actually was physically painful for me to say goodbye, especially as I didn't think I would be back. The lovely thoughts that were sent my way broke my heart and made me cry. When I stumbled back onto my farm, I was welcomed home and brought back in to the fold, no questions asked. When I am having a bad day, when I'm feeling bad or fighting depression, when I need encouragement or just a laugh, I can always find support here. This game, this make believe world of fields of fireworks and milk that grows on trees, is more than just a virtual escape. It's a family. Like all families it has its ups and downs, but like good families it's there for one another. Thank you for that.

ID: 42607514.

18. Arrouquelas

Arrouquelas Forum Inhabitant

Do you remember the first time I logged in, Farmerama?
    Such an amazing feeling! It was like as if you knew exactly what kind of game I needed...
    I keep all the memories you gave me in my scrapbook. So many pages now! I guess I'll just choose one of them to show to you. Don't want to bother you that much, Farmie. (May I call you that?)
    The first special tree I got was the chestnut. Boy! How you made me sweat for it!
    But that Peach tree... Oh! How I wanted it so bad! So beautiful! How could I get it? So great you created the Mystery trees! I finally got it!
    And then the moose. Wow! That guy is groovy! I want one of those! But you first decided to give me the reindeer instead. In the wheel of fortune. Yeeess! So lucky I was that time, do you remember?
    The butterfly pen?... That blew me away! Spectacular!
    And what about those farm society quests? Boy, those trophy challenges sure were tough!
    Breeding time and the craft village came in 2011, do you remember Farmie? o_Ops! I almost chose Bakery to start. Luckily, I switched to confectionery. Sugar and jelly are more my kinda stuff, you know that...
    Almost forgot Moonlight Mania! One of my favorite events!
    And speaking of events, do you remember what was the one I first played? That's right! Harvest hoedown 2010! Oh, that sad little squirrel! Made me plant and grow so much just to give everything to him...
    And the Alien Nublons! Remember when you said they would steal our cows with their spaceship hovering our farm?? It was April Fool's day! But you got me there! (LOL!)
    Later, you gave us stickers so that we could remind those old days...
    But you really know when you're at your best? In Christmas! I love our farm in Christmas! It may be cold and snowy. But it feels so warm inside...
    Thank you for all my loving memories, Farmie! Happy anniversary and I'm ready for another 6 years!

[​IMG]

I also forgot to add the ID. Really sorry.:oops:

ID: 13597113

Last edited by moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    yagmur_5, meba091, papas7077 and 23 others like this.
  19. yagki2000

yagki2000 Forum Apprentice

We have all seen some good and bad changes within Farmerama. I personally miss my old sticker album the most :cry: Remember the stickers kept moving around because we thought the glue was to blame xDxDxD
    Now my sticker album is marred with greyed out stickers of events that we did not even get to do :mad:>:(:p

So a short trip down old sticker lane .......

[​IMG]

ID# 2339647​

20. oldman49

oldman49 Exceptional Talent

I found the farm 3 month's after i got out of the hospital, my best memory was sidd i never knew why he showed up but every now an
    there hey was giving out extra point's and hanging around for 12hr's or so just chillin making me smile i was sorry to see him go

id 5562533 sorry the oldman49

Last edited by moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    marymac50, tlcmom, trishap58 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.