Firefly Outdoor Fun

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by dumbunny, Jun 9, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I never start these threads. And with good reason - I am, afterall, the dumBunny, so I often misread the FAQ's, etc.

But, if I am reading this one correctly, the numbers are ugly because each lantern resets after you "redeem" a bingo.

To complete all 15 Bingo cards we will need:

194 tents
    45 Backpacks

11,026 Glowberry
    551 Thermos Flasks

The numbers for the Glowberry and the thermos flasks include the amounts needed to mill the 45 backpacks.

I figure we'll need 5 harvests a day of 1x1 plots on the main field (average of 150 plots assuming we don't want to pull up all our trees on the periphery).

Someone please tell me that the dum part of dumbunny is reading that FAQ wrong.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    SahraB, 007Farming, Sue46 and 7 others like this.
  2. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Thanks @dumbunny for starting the thread.

SahraB, 007Farming, Cassie101 and 6 others like this.
  3. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Well done dumbunny, :) I'll give it a go.

SahraB, 007Farming, kibsnfebs and 4 others like this.
  4. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

Haven't had a chance to go over the numbers but unfortunately, you are correct about the lanterns being reset after redeeming each bingo combination. I believe this was a new event mechanic first introduced in the Firefly Summer Spree in June 2019.

From the DE FAQ:

[​IMG]

SahraB, 007Farming, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  5. KaiCat33

KaiCat33 Forum Pro

Thank you dumbunny, well done. I have only one cloud row from these events of the past, because of my schedule, but have always enjoyed playing. My plan is to pick one combination at a time, and get a few done if I can. I will start with plan #4, because it looks easy, and I like the rewards. Good Luck everyone. :inlove:

SahraB, 007Farming, missyww83 and 5 others like this.
  6. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

There are several discrepancies between the EN FAQ and the DE + HU FAQs. I'm not sure which is correct but I decided to go with the DE FAQ since the EN FAQ seems to be the outlier.

Here's what I get for all 15 bingo combinations:
    10,626 glowberries (6968 + 3658 for backpacks)
    607 thermos flasks (371 + 236 for backpacks)
    188 tents
    59 backpacks

I'll revise these numbers tomorrow if it turns out the EN FAQ is correct.

SahraB, 007Farming, KaiCat33 and 4 others like this.
  7. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thank you Dumbunny and Zero for sorting out what's required. ;)

I am not that interested in the prizes but I will see how I go. If I get near to finishing, I might up the ante and use a bit of SG and SSG, if not I will just cherry pick the prizes most appealing. :music:
    Good luck all! :)

8. Cassie101

Just looked at the prizes given for completed games. 7 completed games and I can win 1 star, 14 completed games I can win 1 free spin,
    I can hardly contain my excitement:p:cry:

SahraB, 007Farming, marymac50 and 7 others like this.
  9. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

;)xD
    I have a better strategy for this event ;)

SahraB, 007Farming, joanc123 and 4 others like this.
  10. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Cassie and Nala, I soooo agree with you both!xDxD That is why I am sitting this one out!;)
    Good luck to all on reaching your goals!

SahraB, 007Farming, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  11. 123Ghost

123Ghost Forum Mogul

Is it possible to do the same pattern multiple times?

SahraB, 007Farming, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  12. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

From the FAQ:

Once you have redeemed a Bingo combination, the Lanterns reset! Only one Bingo combination can be redeemed at a time. Each Bingo combination can only be collected once.

We'll have to do all 15 different combo's to get the givers and CR. Snif.

Brookeham, SahraB, 007Farming and 8 others like this.
  13. blessedlady2

blessedlady2 Old Hand

must have to click which bingo you are going for. just lost my first 4

take it back. they are still there.

SahraB, 007Farming, joanc123 and 2 others like this.
  14. 123Ghost

123Ghost Forum Mogul

Thanks for your answer Habalala!

Edit

Well, I was kinda hoping to collect a nice number of bananas :p

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    SahraB, 007Farming, joanc123 and 3 others like this.
  15. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

Fantasy Brain....I cruised through all of the squares...picked the power feed and what do you know...RESETxDxDxDOh how I was loving the moment of EASY:pxD;)POOF...gone...just like that

swCactus1, joanc123, dumbunny and 3 others like this.
  16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

oh how I know what you mean. I read that FAQ three times...I think I even went and put in more eye drops and read it again...
    on the other hand - that +3 harvest bonus that's available for purchase in the Mega Harvest Pack plus a 100% wheel bonus got sewinglady's farm done with the event in about 24 hours. This farm and the baby farm are not so lucky (nor am I willing to spend much money on them) so I still have two farms slogging through best they can.

007Farming, joanc123 and Cassie101 like this.
  17. Cassie101

I've just won a 100% harvest bonus/24 hours on the wheel :D:D:D Hopefully I'll manage to complete this event before time runs out on the 16th.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  18. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

See Announcement - Bonus Code valid till Sunday:

HAPPYWKND

19. racheliz

racheliz Forum Inhabitant

It took a while to figure out the mechanics of this event but it's pretty clever. I've been focusing on getting the combos for the bonuses and CR but there are a lot more rewards to collect. You can choose selected lanterns beyond the highlighted shapes. The reset means you can claim them as many times as you want. If I'd done this from the start I would potentially gather 300 SG, 90 SSG, 15 GB, 15 Crates of Goofy Animals and a host of others on completion. Drops are plentiful so far with loads of tents in particular.
    Message to self, don't dive to events too quickly and miss out!

20. Cassie101

I have carefully done 13 patterns and and collected the rewards but the left hand bar shows only 8 patterns completed.
    Will never do this event again, I feel cheated. >:(

007Farming likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.