Feedback Football Fever 2020

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jul 14, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

soccerjul2020_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Football Fever 2020" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

Has the game developers simply forgot to allow free gifts of drop item for rubber band balls for this event?
    If not, then I think this is a deliberate act of meanness, why become so stingy?

Laurelei likes this.
  3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I'm not a developer, I don't work for BP in any capacity, I just play the game same as everyone else so here's my take on this year's Soccer Extravaganza: Boy Howdy, but I'm likin' these changes!

#1 - 50 star coins in one "kick"! Woot!
    #2 - the overall star coin take on each field has been increased, um, exponentially (okay, maybe not quite that much, but compared to SIX in previous years, sure feels like it).
    #3 - The additional rewards (EP, CC, etc.) are higher on the fields and I appreciate that.
    #4 - Only two fields needed to grow the event crop! We can keep farming normally on the other fields - yay! (or move the things we don't want to remove to the Magical Glade).
    #5 - The number of event crops and drops needed to play each mini game seems somewhat lower...especially the number of drops needed. (and I think this might be why we aren't able to gift them.)
    #6 - The array of items available for purchase with star coins is really nice (PS - a big thank you for the addition of the Season Points.)

Yes, events are a way to increase revenue for BP - all of us who play need to remember that BP is a business - and without revenue, the game cannot continue. Wages must be paid, servers must host our farms, and then there's that whole pesky "profitability" thing. If this game isn't profitable, BP won't keep it around. So yes, some of us actually have to spend money on our farms to keep all of us able to play our farms. That said, this event is doable without spending any money. As I always say, even if you can't complete the event, go as far as you can, reap what rewards you can.

4. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

What dumbunny said. LOVE the higher amount of star coins available - it makes the amount of crops per mini-game much more palatable. I also like the more choices available in many of the rounds, with more mini-prizes on the field. Someone put some serious creativity into this. I personally HATE gifting drops. It makes me feel obligated, and I have quite enough obligations in my life, thank you, so I love events where we can't gift. I know, that makes me right up there with Scrooge, but it's how I feel. Altogether, thumbs up for this event.

farmerumf, dumbunny and Mooboy like this.
  5. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

Since the release of this event, I managed to produce 3 soccer balls so far and got enough star coins for the Season pts and a couple of 1x2 givers to fill up one CR. My initial aim was to collect the Season pts and that I have achieved. Good on me for giving this event a go!
    This is my first Farma-football tournament, a well thought out event. I liked the fact you get to chose the rewards with the exchange of star coins in this event.
    I am not sure how far I can progress in this event with a depleted stock of SG & SSG, did not use any on event crops this time, the crops are taking their time to grow with water and manure.

I don't plan to stock up as I am depleted of dosh. In the last three months, on average, I was spending about a third of my weekly grocery budget in this game, I think that's enough from me to fund Farmerama!
    Thanks to a generous neighbour of gifting CACs, I am grateful to yield +2 harvests for another 36hrs, hopefully I can collect some more star coins and exchange them for those CACs in the event shop perhaps.

I am disappointed that rubber balls are not available for gifting as free gifts of event items is one of the perks for many event participants. Not all of my neighbours want event items, and sometimes I don't even want them as gifts, but it is nice they are there available as gifts, that way players have a choice to gift or not to gift. Why change this perk?
    It would be nice if you could keep things constant rather than rack your brains and come up with 'waste-of-time' changes that cause your customers needless frustration.

I think I spent enough moolah so far on event baskets to keep Farmerama satisfied, though at the same time I helped myself to build my virtual farm to a 60% operable status with all those purchases.
    From now on I am looking forward to enjoy some leisure play, dish out daily gifts, put my feet up, and enjoy the harvests! And will not concentrate my efforts on completing events, rather just give them a go when I feel like it, provided that the requirements and drops received are reasonable. I enjoy a solid block of sleep much more than burning the midnight oil on events!

Once the worldwide lockdown eases up in a couple of months, fingers crossed, I will be back to my usual outdoor activities, then I will pay less attention to how Farmerama macro-manage their business. Why constantly messing about with the drop rate? Why reluctant to listen to your long-term loyal players and keep the drop ratio at a reasonable acceptable level for all events?
    Daily life is my business which I care more about how I micro-manage it, just like I suspect 70-80% of the players, who are in the average income bracket, who are the majority of your customer quota.

The admirable successful entrepreneurs in the world are those who truly comprehend what a balance sheet is, and how to sustain that balance and their profit margin for the long haul, at the same time achieve customer satisfaction.
    End of my thoughts about events!

6. alpenliebe

alpenliebe Someday Author

this event is perfect in every way
    thank you bp

sanddollar15 likes this.
  7. nlm24

nlm24 Forum Pro

Likes: I was able to finally get the Go Wild and other EPs needed for a previous Soccer Event CR that I have been unable to trade for for quite some time. It also looks like I will be able to get this CR and EPs. I also like the extra pens and trees offered even though I might not be able to get them.

Dislikes: There are some fields where it doesn't show the amounts for the goals even though they are different. I just finished Field 7 and got the bottom 2 star coins (15 each) and then the goal (right hand) for a total of 48. The only amount showing on my screen was the middle goal for 20. I couldn't tell that the right hand one was only 18 and the FAQ does not show the amounts. I wouldn't want to keep checking back to the FAQ for the amounts anyway. If the amounts are different on the 3 goals then they all should be shown on the actual playing field.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    dumbunny likes this.
  8. littletinybit

littletinybit Forum Connoisseur

I really liked this event. It was fun!

dumbunny likes this.
  9. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I liked it too. Fun fun fun! :inlove:

dumbunny likes this.
  10. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.