Giving Thanks

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by spotsbox, Nov 29, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Well, the holidays are officially upon us, and many of us here in the US are spending the day with friends and family, overeating, watching football, and of course, farming. ;) This has been a rather tumultuous year for our family, and while I am not sad to see it drawing to a close, I have many things I am thankful for. As some of you know, we lost my father in law last week. He was 95 and lived a good life, so his passing is equal part sorrow and blessing. Sorrow, because we will miss him. I will miss him. He was more father to me than I've ever known. And blessing, because he is at peace and whole, no longer sliding further into the torments of dementia, and reunited with his wife of 70 years. I am thankful for the time I had with him, especially the last 3 years, and grateful that I know I will see him again. I am thankful for the legacy he passed on to us, and will strive to care for it as he and mom would like. I'm extremely thankful that the grass fire we had on the farm this last summer didn't do more damage than it did. I'm thankful that we have a warm house to weather these cold days, and my husband who worked a difficult career to provide it for us. I'm thankful for my boys, tho they continually drive me crazy :p (not too far a trip these days xD). The Nedster particularly keeps me on guard, as he'll eat anything, and I mean anything. The nitrile glove gave me fits for a week until I knew he'd passed it, and I stopped counting bars of Ivory soap at 5. (My boys are my dogs, for anyone wondering) I'm thankful for the friends we knew we had, and those we discovered on this last journey with dad, and for the wonderful care we ALL received during his time in the hospital and then hospice. Most of all, I'm thankful for the One who we celebrate in the upcoming Christmas season, who has never given up on me in all my misadventures of life. Without Him I'd be lost. And you, my farm friends, I am most definitely thankful for all of you who have touched my life in the last 7 years, and wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with wonderful memories in the making. :inlove:

Anyone who wants, please feel free to share your own thoughts, thanks, traditions, whatever. I'd love to know what other nations do today, as I'm a bit ignorant in that department :p. Whether you're from the US or not, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

[​IMG]

tlcmom, Arielh, purplebeet and 6 others like this.
  2. farmerlily22

farmerlily22 Forum Master

:)Hi spotsbox! So nice to hear such beautiful, and positive thoughts this Holiday! I too am in the US so with a over-full tummy I will send you and yours a simple prayer that you also have a peaceful, and magical Holiday Season:p (p.s- already passed inspection on our home for an early gift=a new rescue elder- now my three furry boys will have a little older springer spaniel sister... :D
    Blessings!!

tlcmom, purplebeet, Willow and 2 others like this.
  3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Since it's an American holiday, we don't do anything in Australia. Although I am very thankful that we still get massive sales for holidays we don't even slightly celebrate - and I've noticed they've been much bigger and more prolonged this year, so thank you America for letting me get a new bed 50% off!

4. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Spots I am sad to hear about your father in law but I am happy he lived a good long life.
    I really liked your post about what you are thankful for I hope you had a very good Thanksgiving day!:)

Τhis year I won't spend Christmas holidays with my family. I miss them and I am very thankful for all the love and support they have provided and they know I would like to be with them but this year it is an opportunity for me to explore new places and I don't know when I will have the chance to do that again so I won't go back to Greece until I don't know when.. I have loved living in England for the past 3 months and I wish I could stay here more than January. I have a whole new life here so different from Greece.

tlcmom and baw815 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.