guinnea pigs

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Mellowmalt, Jan 3, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Active Author

I am loving the prices of guinea pigs lately, especially since I managed to pick up 2 stables for 200 farm coins each in the shop last month but I have never understood why some animals are always in high demand and others are not.

What is it about guinea pigs that make them so in demand? I know animals are used for breeding and for quests but I think I am missing something here, why are they the most valuable animal atm? I was hoping a higher level player who buys them can tell me what they are used for.

FrootloopGrove and purplebeet like this.
  2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I don't know for sure, but one possible reason could be that they are required at relatively high values for a few FSQs (or at least a high amount when all put together). Given the stables are relatively new and most players will not have a large number of them, coupled with the time it takes for the stable to be ready for harvest, it can take quite a long time to build up the number of guinea pigs required to fulfil the quests. It could be that people are preferring to buy them at the market rather than grow themselves.

Edit: I only just gained my second guinea pig stable, after working with just one for several months. The stable takes around 11 hours to mature with water (most of us, at least non-paying players, won't use PF on stables). That's one, maybe two harvests a day depending on your RL schedule. FSQs calling for 80 guinea pigs can take 40+ days to complete if you have only one stable, and that's just for one level - there are probably hundreds of guinea pigs required for all levels of FSQs calling for the animal. Certainly more efficient to purchase at market.

FrootloopGrove and purplebeet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.