Happy New Year 2023 !

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Jan 1, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Happy New Year all !
    I know the past year has been a great trial for many of us.
    We lost lives, relationships, livelihood, peace, hapiness etc.,
    But let the strength and perseverance with with we faced them and the love and support we had from our near and dear ones bring us a more happy prosperous peaceful life ahead !

I am happy to have you all in my life.

[​IMG]

Thought to share these 2 Thirukurals with.

1. When one thinks and identifies this is the problem (or puts his mind to it) then the problem gets solved/distorted on such thinking itself.

Kural - 622 Hopefulness in Trouble (Not preshing in times of dire straits)
    Though sorrow, like a flood, comes rolling on,
    When wise men's mind regards it,- it is gone.

Explanation :-
    A flood of troubles will be overcome by the (courageous) thought which the minds of the wise will entertain, even in sorrow.​

2. The world exists because of benignity

Kural - 571 - Benignity
    Since true benignity, that grace exceeding great, resides
    In kingly souls, world in happy state abides.​

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  2. MeadowCrossing

MeadowCrossing Forum Baron

Happy New Year to you! Thank you for sharing. I was not familiar with the Kural and looked it up - very inspiring :inlove:

sanddollar15 and 12ss12 like this.
  3. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Thank you, Meadow ! Whenever I faced great problems that overwhelmed me or threatened to destroy my life, I felt that I was able to tackle them better when I could identify the problem. As soon as I identified I felt that most of it was solved as I could then find the remedies easily and can make up my mind to bear the consequences. Also the kindness or a good word which I recieved from many persons made me bear the troubles easily. I felt that there here is another person who loves me or likes me. What if some people treat me cruelly or have no concern for me. When I read these Kurals they fitted with my experience. So I thought to share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.