Happy snowman day

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Shimmer, Feb 23, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I've not started a game strategy discussion thread before, but I thought we really needed one for this.
    Link to the FAQ:
    https://board-en.farmerama.com/threads/happy-snowman-day.43701/

This is a format most players will be familiar with. There are 3 possible snowmen to donate goods to, you pick two. But there's an important twist with this one that it's easy to miss:

THERE ARE THREE UPGRADED GIVERS AVAILABLE. UPGRADES ARE NOT INTERCHANGABLE AND YOU CANNOT COLLECT THEM ALL, YOU MUST CHOOSE.

The upgrades are given out as rewards for specific snowmen. Previous events of this sort have generally only differed in what goods you have to donate, but with this one it's most important to look at the rewards.
    The three upgraded givers available are (when fully upgraded):

Tug of War V. 2x1 item, 22 hours to harvest. 180EP x farm level or 180TEP x Baha level + 55% EP/TEP when harvesting all for 3 hours.

Hit the Bull's Eye V. 2x1 item, 20 hours to harvest. 7300 EP/TEP + 1 x Crate O'curses. Link to Crate o'curses here: https://board-en.farmerama.com/threads/reward-crates.27073/page-8#post-275044

Bounce Bounce IV. 2x1 item, 22 hours to harvest. 220EP x farm level or 220TEP x baha level.

Apart from that it's a very standard event. The amount of other goods varies depending on what snowmen you choose, but you will always need the same amount of event crops and drops. I calculate:

22, 800 Giant carrots (event plant, Main Field and Green Meadow)
    770 Top Hats (drop, Main field and Green Meadow, crops only)
    646 Scarves (drop, Baha plantation + Rainforest, trees stables and workshops but NOT crops)

You will get a total of 780 star coins to spend in the event shop.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    mika-1986, spotsbox, IpsiDei and 4 others like this.
  2. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Old Hand

(translator FIN-ENG used...)

EDIT:
    **********************************************************************************************

Oh my... PIIIP !!!
    176+176 small plots 30 hours Amaranth !!! give me ONLY 117+116 DROPS !
    It is near the situation, that I maybe CANCEL this... My animals - ready local time 04.46 AM and 05.38 AM... and wait
    there is more...
    and 2-times-Mighty-Movers END´s EARLIER about 05.25 o clock than 8+8 Bahama Animal & Workshop Buildings...
    **********************************************************************************************

Dear fellow players!

I'm starting this "belated in my opinion" event and I had long term animals at night in the Bahamarama and they were PF fed. Were you thinking of using possibly STORED Mystery seedlings (the trees produce DROP S 2 Bahamas area) first or quick parrots that probably won't make much neck scarves (or long-time-animals with PF?) ?

The advice of the fastest can be taken into account, I personally think that those 22++ hour animals should also get DROPS from EVERY pen! Do you agree?

At least luckily, now that animals are also needed by growing DROPS, it was a good thing in terms of PF stocks that I completely missed the Weekend event x3 that took 900++ PF, now I have a lot (over 2000 pcs) of PF in my stock instead of the more normal amount of 300-600!

Do you have experiences and or tips FINNISH players, you can also tell us in Finnish by PRIVATE MESSAGE in the game when you can't write in Finnish here...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  3. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Drop rate from stables is ugly. We are all going to be short the scarf drop. I'll be sending those as gifts.

Other things I have decided: the Hit the Bull's Eye giver is my choice as preferred giver and I'll be striving on all 3 (the usual 3) farms to get all the upgrades for it. My second choice preferred is the Tug of War giver as it gives a multiple of your farm level plus the upgrades add a percentage to that for all other items. The truly "meh" giver as far as I am concerned is the Bounce Bounce giver as it awards a set amount of EP only.

Now the caveat here is this: everything depends on how you farm, why you farm, what you need at this point in your farming. My farms are all well into the 200 levels now. So givers that award 'things' are generally more beneficial than ones that just award EP. But, if you need EP badly, then you may prefer to upgrade that bounce bounce giver all the way as it will reward you handsomely in that respect.

Shimmer, Sue46 and BlackCaviar like this.
  4. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I have 135 scarves already, which is really not bad for this stage in the event, but if I'm short anything it'll be those. I think the secret is probably fairly short-timed stables, or trees. One stable that takes most of a day can give a maximum of 1 drop for 4 squares, after all. We need to do better than that, either smaller things or faster turnover.

My order of liking the givers is Tug of war, then Bounce Bounce, then Hit the Bull's Eye. I'm level 240 but EP is about the only thing I can aim for, I've completed everything else in the game apart from the Secret stables/trees quests. The Crate O'Curses doesn't contain anything I want.

5. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Old Hand

Totally POOR drop-rate, both Bahama and Farm:

374 Hats
    114 scarfs
    2800++ evnt plants

6. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

That's not at all a bad drop rate from the mainland. Not great from Baha, maybe change to trees?

7. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

So, I just looked at the crate of curses. Um, Shimmer's right, it's not all that great. Honestly, now I'm wondering if I stop at the briars upgrade because that one gives EP, CC or 10 suzie's super grow. Edited to add: Nope, just double-checked 3 upgrades gives crate of fertilizer III - one of my favorites. So now, I'm going for 3 upgrades to the hit the bull's eye giver and whatever I get on the rest is fine.

I'm in the process of putting out more baha stables. Problem with short timed stables might be a lack of drops (just like short timed trees).

We might need to use buffs like the vial of growth to shorten tree maturity time. It can be tricky juggling gold slot buffs, but if we remember to load up the vial of growth, harvest the trees, then STOP after all three fields are harvested. Dump the vial of growth and load in valentine's pot and eggnog, THEN go back to each baha field, clean, feed and water the animals and plant any crops, that could give a better drop yield.

Make your coffee extra strong and put your thinking cap on and we might get through this!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  8. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

This event requires careful planning to make sure you get the upgrades you want for a specific giver. My plan is on a post-it note:pxD that I consult before donating.

Regarding drops from Baha...I am using trees. 20 hour trees at the initial harvest and then XXL upgrades to be able to harvest twice a day. I do not wish to use my PF to speed up stables. There are 4 trees per space used for a stable and while that doesn't mean 4 times the drops, it does increase my chances for more than one drop for that given space.

I rarely use Turbo Mulch but this would be an option to speed up trees if I needed to. I would prefer to do that as I have quite a bit in stock over using my PF.

With gifts, magic trees, and harvesting the trees, I have 342 scarves. From Mainland, I have 544 Top Hats.

Using Shimmer's calculations in the first post of needing 646 scarves over a 6 day event makes the daily average of approximately 108 per day. We just crossed the first 24 hour mark, so if you already have at least 108 scarves, you will be fine.

If I had no option to use trees but had to use stables, I would activate my stable bonuses including the Flower Spray Arts I have saved, giving me instant stables (and instant drops). Big boon as it would quickly stock my barn, give me needed event drops and could sell manure in the market which is approaching 3k in my market. I did this on the mainland while MM was going on so I could boost my MM animals, but was too tired of all that clicking to move to Baha. My Neons were giving me 24 animals per feed instantly. :inlove:

Loads of options but this post is long enough. Don't give up! It can be done :)

9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Great minds think alike, PnP! I, too, have a post-it note with my plans for the givers. And it's a slow-down and really look at what you're donating and what you are receiving before choosing the totems.

So overnight, I put out wonder stables on this farm and PM23's. And lo and behold, got about 45 scarves on the fields where they were this morning. So if you have 'em, now is the time to plunk 'em down on your baha fields and even if they don't give you anything you need, the extra scarves will come in handy.

Also, okapi stables at less than 3 hours, do NOT yield scarves. As I suspected, we need to use long term stables to garner those drops. I've got extra manta ray stables, mandrills and wombats out now...with buffs. We'll see how they do.

10. sapeli

sapeli Junior Expert

What ?

I just noticed, that it gives me HATS from TREES both Main Field and Green Meadow? That says "only crops" in FAQ!
    Also I´m guite sure that I DON´T get Scarves from Bahamarama TREES ?!

If so, I´m guite pissed... Because I have Used Turbo to trees in Bahama 2 areas and not use turbo Main ja Green -areas!

Now I have watched 2 of my last harvest and SAME thing in both times. Is this FAIR or NOT ?!

anki74 likes this.
  11. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I've covered both of my baha fields in trees, using ones which mature 12 hours or just under. You can buy those from the shop for CCs if you've got the right rune open, Cupuaca trees mature at 11 hours so they don't need any buffs at all.

For my morning harvest I got exactly 100 scarves dropping. Since I can easily harvest twice a day, that's around 200 scarves per day.

I highly recommend switching to trees or mainly trees, for anyone who is worried about scarf drops. There should be no need to use turbo mulch.

Drops of hats seem fine with just the event crops, I'd recommend growing only event crops on the two fields where they'll grow. You don't want to risk ending up short of event crops.

dumbunny likes this.
  12. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Pro

Plants and hats ready.:)

There are still 354 scarves missing. o_O

12 h on trees with normal cultivation 8 harvests left. Need 45 scarves per harvest. So tight this time that the magic trees went to the Magical Glade. It's been a long time since the last time.

To the neighbors, many thanks for all the scarves received, you are the best. :inlove:

Shimmer you lucky "cat".
    Despite the effects, the drops are tight this time.
    The draw did not favor me in this event. That just happens sometimes. xD

ç.çiftçi and dumbunny like this.
  13. farmingfreebird

farmingfreebird Exceptional Talent

As far as the rewards for this event go, I just get what I get, and Im happy with that, even if I get partial givers, unupgraded ones. However... the mismatch between hats and scarfs is rather large, and that makes the event frustrating for me personally. :cry:
    [​IMG]

14. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

There's Happy Workshop day on Monday, so it will help getting scarfs. All workshops only 9 hours and much less with water and boosts.

15. anki74

anki74 Someday Author

I know "sapeli" InRealLife and also know that he also gets scarfs now... little but get... I miss about 150 scarfs now and have 12h XXL-trees with turbo in fields (over 5000 turbos and Jumbos get me more and more) and thas just fine, Hats and Crops = ready.

ç.çiftçi likes this.
  16. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

Since I do not trust the barns and workshops about drops, the use of trees from the age of 20 was preferred from the very beginning. I finished the activity and it's time to prepare for the happy workshop. Celebrate the finished farmers and let everyone reach their goal.

sanddollar15 likes this.
  17. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

I do have a fair few cloud rows to increase drops.
    But even without any of them, I still got 80 drops this harvest. I'm sure you will be OK.

IpsiDei likes this.
  18. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

or is it 'fools seldom differ!' xDxD Tee hee, I am kidding, I cannot fault either of your strategies...
    I just love that either of these idioms will fit the same situation...:D:inlove:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    dumbunny likes this.
  19. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I have trees in my Baha fields as they is hardly anything better to grow except Baha Events which are rare anyway

I can harvest my Baha Fields every 10 Hours, anyone one with Pirate Parrot Ship Pets these helps reduce Tree times

There is also Howie Donuts Boost Drop Rates too ;)

20. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

I am filling my barn with Baha animals during this event. I have all kind of stables and some workshops everywhere, there is just one arboretum for trees and trees where stalls do not fit. Tomorrow I'll change harvest +100% stalls to +100% workshops. I believe I'll get enough drops. I also have some great neighbours who help and luckily I have some magic trees.
    I am thinking how should I boost my giant carrots or is the normal farming enough. There has not been luck with Farm Wheel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.