Ho-ho-holiday Banquet

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by habalala, Dec 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Runs till january 5.

FAQ
    SOS

Grow and throw event in 3 stages, 1 stage at a time.
    Choose your own sequence, no switching once started!
    After making up your mind and color choice, open that stage and then create 5 starter seeds of that color in the mill.

Total requirements:

3 Table Spoons to open a stage are given out when ready to start a new stage.

Yellow Stage = Bahamarama plantation = 5330 yellow event plants (7:00 hrs) and 400 drops
    Green Stage = Main land = 8000 green event plants (6:30 hrs) and 400 drops
    Purple Stage = Full Moon main field = 8000 purple event plants (6:00 hrs) and 400 drops

Finish = 280 drops

A total of 1480 drop items is needed. Drops from trees and crops on all 3 event fields.

Event runs for 14 days which means when starting today we have about 4.5 day for each stage to complete.
    Using CAC, the net profit per full field (1x1) harvest is about 600 event plants. Plan wisely.

Have a good time, keep smiling!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks habalala for starting this thread and doing the sums. I totally missed that we had to mill our starter seeds (same old problem, I skim read it too quickly and miss vital points). :p

I'm glad you gave us this info as I was considering doing it on my baby farms as the prizes look pretty good - though I still might as I will leave trees out for drops on the other fields and only have to harvest one field until I have enough crops for each section. Will have a think about this one. :oops:
    This farm will definitely be doing this event. :music:
    Good luck all! ;)

3. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I think I am going to skip this one, I didn't get any of the drop items that are needed for the milling of the seeds and the game is too unstable to grow anything but the longest plants.

4. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Jänik:

1. Open the event window
    2. Choose a color/playfield (yellow/baha, green/main or purple/fullmoon) by clicking the related dish, you'll then get 9,999 of the ingredients needed for that color of choice.
    3. Go to the mill and mill 5 event plants, using the 5 wax candles already there.

Wax candles will be replenished every 5 hours (more event plants without growing)

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I'm having issues getting my farms to work properly with Unity. I think I'm sitting this event out all around. I am hoping the issues I'm experiencing don't get worse with the addition of MM.

6. illy1996

There does seem to be a few problems with the start of this event dumbunny ... they are improving but it is very slow. Maybe it will improve as fewer people are trying to log on/play at the same time! ;)

Sue46, KaiCat33, ç.çiftçi and 5 others like this.
  7. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

Thanks habalala for starting this thread .Do not forget to store the extra candles in order in the mill.

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Well that was just a lovely start to this event! I got sewinglady's crops in, used SG and SSG. Then I went to start this farm's daily crops. On the 3rd field, I got the "loading flowers of death". Soooo, closed the client. Tried to log back in (that usually fixes the LFoD), but denied. 5 hours later, I am finally able to log back in. There is no way I can do events if I can only log in once or twice a day at the most. And I cannot keep multiple farms open all the time in Unity, just locks my computer up tight.

I don't even know why I'm trying to farm at this point.

BoHoKaren, joanc123, Sue46 and 5 others like this.
  9. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

It's so frustrating to use CR's, buffs etc. to start an event and then be shut out of the game for many hours!!!!! -.-:(:mad: Some of which can only be used every 168 hours.
    I've been using stand alone client for several days...but get frozen almost every 30 minutes....often losing buffs. Came back to Flash to do event......and now with losing +1 from wheel......only compensated with 3 free spins?xD
    This is turning into hard work....and no fun!!!!:oops:

10. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

Thanks for this reminder - very helpful!!

Illy - you mentioned putting out trees on other fields for drops. I think you only get drops from events fields. I hope I'm wrong about this, because it would be nice to get drops from all the fields!

I'm switching between Unity and Client. BOTH are slow and have to be reloaded multiple times. However, my delay is usually minimal. So sorry that some of you have been locked out of the game for multiple hours!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    joanc123, Sue46 and KaiCat33 like this.
  11. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I'm giving this event a pass. I like the prizes and I have enough fields open to grow the crops. But my access over the next five days will be erratic and I'd rather try to work as much as possible on the Moonlight fields. I am in dire need of Googly Eye bushes and Tombstones. :)

12. Frenchmom14261

Frenchmom14261 Forum Connoisseur

i was kept out of the game for many hours too. I have given up loading with Unity, only Play with Flash, but still cannot join the game...
    Is there a way to get more plain wax candles or do we only get them when we are out of it?

13. illy1996

Solatido: Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I meant leave the trees out on the two other event fields while I am doing the crops on one field. :p

I have decided only to do the Green section on the baby farms so I can get those Exedra Wonder Stables - my baby farms always have more luck with these so it is worth a try! :music:

Apparently the slow down and other problems yesterday were due to a bot account (see Announcements). A bonus code giving 3 Party Tickets has been issued which will be valid up till midnight on Christmas Eve:

HOLIDAYS

Good luck all! ;)

joanc123, KaiCat33 and Sue46 like this.
  14. Nadiinee

Nadiinee Forum Greenhorn

My playing level is pretty high, but and so were my initial crops but havent had any green wax dropping?
    Am i doing it wrong? Where am i supposed to get the green wax? Theres also no 5 ready to use like usual..

Thanks

joanc123 and KaiCat33 like this.
  15. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

You get wax from event window. You must choose which one you want to start with and place to Tablespoon to get wax. Then you can mill the first 5 seeds.

16. PrairieMaiden23

PrairieMaiden23 Active Author

We've had events like this before - you get the 9,999 colored waxes and the other part is the 5 they give you. If you want more than 5 every 5 hours, you'll need to purchase a basket. Remember to mill the 5 that the system gives you every 5 hours so you'll get another 5, or not. It's really not a big deal, and you can't store the blank candles up for the next color (oh wouldn't that be nice?)...

17. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Actually you can store them, you just add always those 5 new ones in then end of long mill queue and never let mill grind them. Someone advised it last time. After 5 hours you get 5 more candles and when you remove what you had mill and you replace it with the old ones+5 etc.

18. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

That was me...just came here to remind everyone of that - cuz I just figured it out (again). I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older or because I have 9000 things on my "To Do List" every day, but I forget things. A lot.

So yeah, just start a really long mill grind of something (if you cancel it midway through, you get everything booked back into your inventory). Then put the candles in the queue behind it. You can cancel that and put it back in the queue with a higher number every time the system books you 5 more blank candles.

Okay, now I am off to work on the To Do List. Today's list includes finally getting to sew Christmas presents. I have had a flannel shirt cut out for 2 days now...gift for my FIL. He might get it on Christmas...if the phone doesn't ring, etc.

Noelle20001, joanc123 and KaiCat33 like this.
  19. Frenchmom14261

Frenchmom14261 Forum Connoisseur

Thanks for the tip. Now to remember to cancel the mill....
    I was wandering why they gave us 2 ways to mill colored candles, but only 5 candles.

20. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I'm guessing that's to encourage people to buy baskets that come with blank candles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.