Holiday shopping confession time

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by rivak, Dec 8, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I spent yesterday and today at two different malls and several local stores getting gifts for family and friends. I found lots of items, but....................

I wound up shopping for me too. Four stores were having going-out-of-business sales and I went to town. Four sweaters, a pair of slippers, hand lotion, bath gel, a necklace, earrings, honey cashews, and several small kitchen gadgets later I'm feeling equally pleased at finding sales and guilty at spending so much on myself this time of year.

My question is this: has anyone else wound up buying for themselves when shopping for gifts for family/friends?

Willow, Cassie101, purplebeet and 4 others like this.
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Oh yes!! If I find something I love for someone else and I love it too, I buy one for them and one for me, from Santa of course! ;)
    I just :inlove::inlove: those Santa gifts!:music:

Willow, Cassie101, purplebeet and 4 others like this.
  3. farmerlily22

farmerlily22 Forum Master

Same here....its practically mandatory!:D
    Puts me in a great mood and tops off my Holiday spirit:p shopping for friends, I meano_O

Willow, Cassie101, purplebeet and 3 others like this.
  4. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I wrap mine up and put under the tree. Such a great surprise when I open them!

5. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

My elderly MIL and Grandmother used to send me checks in November for our kids, my hubby and I. Then on Christmas morning they were surprised what they got all of us. It worked great...I had a budget and got what we actually all wanted! Fun! Unfortunately they are both now gone.
    However, I now still do buy for myself for my Hubby. I'm fairly particular and he detests shopping and I get to take advantage of the great sales. It's a win win! :music:

6. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

Bah Humbug... A time of Crass commercialization and greed.
    Guess where you wont find me for a second.

Cassie101 and farmerumf like this.
  7. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Me too! Such a great surprisexDxDxD

baw815, Willow, Brookeham and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.