Feedback How the Grouch Made Merry

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Dec 20, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,
    omnidicemixdec2022_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "How the Grouch Made Merry" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Oh My! oh my! OH MY! What a convoluted and yet very exciting event! And there are some VERY NICE PRIZES! The cloud rows are very appealing. And piccolo boxes galore!

Plus we get to play my favorite game - Yahtzee!

Overall, I am impressed and can hardly wait.

If there's anything that's a bit of a head-scratcher it's the reward at #20 as we climb the mountain: a hellhound den: orange. Really? Why not make this a MUST DO for everyone and give us something we likely don't already have like a wendigo cave: orange? Even my baby farms have red hellhound dens - passed out in previous events. So an extra orange one is definitely "meh".

That's my ONLY complaint. I'm going to be very busy today getting my farms ready for this event. THANK you to the game/event team and everyone at BP who works hard so that we can keep on farming. And Fröhliche Weihnachten, too!

sunshineaz, upa70, gardengal and 2 others like this.
  3. ag56

ag56 Forum Inhabitant

The event looks quite complicated. In the past we did a similar one and found that a lot depends on drops.

I have couple of complaints though. Firstly, I noticed that recently all the time we are offered decos which cooldown time is 25 hrs, 26 hrs, 28 hrs, 30 hrs .... Personally, I harvest decos ones a day so anything over 24 hrs I don't even plant. Therefore that generous Festive Swing (135 x level) which is a top reward for me is not really as good as it looks. With event like this where we have one or two good rewards the decos should be harvestable every 23 hrs. Secondly, at least for a year now we could win Neon Stable I, we have already plenty regular animal neon stables. The Neon Stable offered in this event should be Neon Stable II.

upa70, sanddollar15 and RowSie like this.
  4. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Forum Overlooker

Each game requires TWO cup of dice to play. Inflation has hit. CR a meh. Might try for a Piccolo box.

gardengal and Brookeham like this.
  5. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I got a game notification that cups of dice were awarded to my account but I can't find them anywhere.

6. gardengal

gardengal Exceptional Talent

Like: that all 3 (main, baha, & moonlight) are involved for this event, especially moonlight world:)
    Dislike: 2 cups of dice for snake eyes gameo_O

upa70 likes this.
  7. istanboy

istanboy Regular

Same here! I got 2 notifications that a total of 8 cups of dice had been credited, but when I go into the game (after it logging out automatically) I don't see them!

Edit: I have been back into the game now and 8 dice cup have appeared!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    jäniksenpelätti likes this.
  8. sunshineaz

sunshineaz Forum Great Master

I am enjoying this event very much. I love the interconnected parts but still separate areas. It is a long enough event, that I don't feel rushed during the holiday to get on the game and can enjoy both my game and real life with family.

Side note on the notifications. I got the notification on the gifted cups on the third day of the event. Notifications do not always pop in a timely manner since the big game update.

9. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Really enjoying this event, so much so that I am doing it on two farms which normally don't do events. :p

I like the mini game though I have no expectation of getting all the prizes, I am just playing as far as I can. Prizes are good and requirements are adequate for those who have other commitments at this busy time of year. :D

My only gripe, and it is not that serious, is that you show the Cloud Row with two EP items but only one of them is needed for the Cloud Row. I bought that one first before I realised. It should have been placed elsewhere. :(

That aside, a nicely paced event. :inlove:

Season's greetings and best wishes for 2023 to all the Devs and Mods. ;)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    ç.çiftçi, WildCat and Mooboy like this.
  10. starwize

starwize Forum Greenhorn

This game sucks It used to be fun but now you can tell all they care about is you spending money to finish any of the events. Plus they raised all the prices there is no excuse for it. It's game that was suppose to to fun and relaxing. I wish they never sold out

11. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

This event seemed complicated but actually was quite fun. There was plenty of time, the requirements were not extreme, and the prizes were great. As always, being able to choose what prize we want is a plus. Don't love that the only way to get dice is through the timers, and don't love the 24 hour period, so if you are late one day, it throws it off forevermore, but otherwise, a good event with lots of options!

ç.çiftçi, IpsiDei and sanddollar15 like this.
  12. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

I loved the event and the long time mm is open keeps me in the game.The only problem for me was forgetting to hash the dice slots.

13. sapeli

sapeli Junior Expert

Maybe, maybe You are lower-level-rookie in-game (under 98 LVL I think, no rose hip which is the First "goal" novaday rose lvl60 is 2-3 week job, my starting time it takes 1 year), sorry.

This was easiest event of the year 2022. no money, not so lot of Super Grow (about 400 total) and was ready 25.12.22 (yatzee 13000 points yesterday, piccolo 28.12) and ends 4.1.23.

So sorry, events ARE hard in the beginning, easier if You play more (this is my 10th year, played almost every day...)

I´m sure events will be easier You too!

p.s. not using a single Euro (or Finnish marks!) to this game ever... no need.

14. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

I enjoy this mini game and absolutely love having longer access to the moon fields! A long event like this during a busy time of the year is very nice. There were also nice prizes to be won even if the event was not completed 100%.

The 24 hour wait time to get dice did make me feel very impatient! It would be nice to have another way to earn those dice - like maybe buying some with extra drops or event plants. I had nearly 8000 extra drops! and was really wishing to put them to use.

Overall, a very nice event to end 2022 and begin 2023!

Happy New Year!!

15. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

All three farms finished the the main game - this farm came soooo close to finishing the Dice part, only needed 140 points to finish! Not unhappy with that as the Wonder Stables are a lottery and I already have two Neon Crow Roosts. :music:

I enjoyed the event though it went on a bit long but I am not really complaining. For many people, they were busy with festivities, we tend to have a quiet time at home so having farming to do was good for me. The prizes were very good. Graphics, it goes without saying, were excellent. :)

I didn't really make any effort for the right side and to get so close to finishing was very motivating. I hope more events of this type give a good chance of completion as this makes an event much more enjoyable! :inlove:

16. TommyBurns

TommyBurns Active Author

I really enjoyed the whole event. Like others I thought it was a great way to end 2022 by having a long event so everyone could also enjoy the festive season without stress of farming. I finished the whole event, dice game included which I think was a first for me. I love the dice game, it's fun, easy and doesn't take long to play. Graphics were lovely and the prizes were also worthwhile. I had about 11,000 Ball Ornaments left over and like Solatido thought it would have been nice if I could have used them with some crops to make more dice (but not that I really needed any extra).

Great job and thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.