FAQ How to troubleshoot display issues

Discussion in 'Technical FAQ's' started by teddy.bear, Aug 25, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

How to troubleshoot display issues

Most of the technical problems are actually display issues which can be easily fixed by following the steps described in this thread.​

Have you ever asked a question similar to these?
    • Why can't I see the contents in my Barn?
    • Why does the Mill load to 100% then nothing?
    • Where's the Rabbit Hutch that I just won, it's not in my Animal Tab?
    • I just won the 1 x Harvester, how come it's still asking me to pay 15BBs?
    • How come I planted some strawberries and the acre seems empty?
    • Why do I have so many spinning daisies on my farm??
    • Why do I see my Main Farm layout, when I go to the Green Meadow/Park?
    • Why can't I see my recipes and points in the Artisans village?
    • I can't see any text in my farm, but my Tooltips are on?
    The first and foremost thing to try is easy: Change to another land (i.e. Go to the City) and come back. Is it cured?

If this doesn't work: Refresh your internet page (F5 key), this should show you what data has been 'stored'. However, always wait 10 seconds before refreshing your page.

Farmerama is a client-server based game, therefore the data sent and received between your PC (the client) and the Farmerama databases (Server) it need some time to transfer (a few seconds will suffice). If you quit your game or refresh too soon after planting, for example, you might have the unpleasant surprise to see your fields were not planted correctly (the data didn't have time to transfer from your PC to the server).

If this hasn't cured your display glitch:

Browser troubleshooting:

Clear your Browser Cache (see instructions here: How to clear your Internet Browser Cache)

Multiple farms:
    One final question: are several farms played on the same computer? This causes many data mix-ups.
    If this is the case, please set up one recommended Internet Browser for each player: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox (they are free to install, one quick search on Internet, one click and they're downloading already).
    This will solve many of your display glitches.
    If this is not possible, it is absolutely necessary to clear your cache between EACH player, for example with this free tool "CCleaner": http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Certain Ad blockers interfere with the Cinema for example, please disable them as well (refer to the browser's help to see how to disable unwanted items in your browser).

Your problem was not solved?

If you've tried all these steps, and your problems persists, look here to see if others are having similar problems. Read the titles of questions on the first and second page of each of these "Questions section" of the forum.
    • General issues
    • Newbies
    • Technical issues
    Finally, if you don't see a thread that answers your question feel free to post a New Thread in the Technical issues section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.