Hypothetically - What would u ask for?

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Lyddy, Jul 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

This is a hypothetical sharing activity, please don't take things too critically here.
    Similar to the game many are familiar with - '3 things to take if you are to be stranded on an island'.

In the likelihood of you needing to go into mandatory confinement/isolation by yourself due to Covid-19 in a remote location, limited to a maximum of 10 items, what would you ask for to keep yourself entertained for the duration of the confinement?

Conditions/limitations:
    As it is a remote location, no signals available for mobile phones, tv broadcasting and radio.
    No online access. No landline.
    Electricity and hot water are available for your basic creature comfort.
    A dvd-player and a CD-player are provided.
    No need to worry about food provisions.
    Specific rare food items can be asked for but has to be a part of your list of 10 items.
    No expensive items can be asked for, a value limited to five hundred bucks in your currency for the ten items you wanted.

Here's my list of ten desired items.
    1-5. Books and magazines of my chosen titles - 1 novel, 2 whodunnit short-stories, 2 gardening magazines.
    6. A landscape jigsaw puzzle of at least 1000 pieces.
    7. A big sudoko puzzle book.
    8. An instrumental music mix CD.
    9. My favourite comedy series - Vicar of Dibley dvds. (A series is considered as one item.)
    10. A crochet needle and a ball of yarn (combo pack) so I can practice crochet patterns.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

1. A CD on which I have burned all my favourite songs (is that cheating?)
    2-5. Box sets of Harry Potter, Kath & Kim, Murdoch Mysteries and Vicar of Dibley (wasn't going to include the latter until I saw your point, Lyddy, and then couldn't imagine life without it!)
    6. My favourite teddy bear - if I'm isolated on my own, I need something to cuddle!
    7. A 10,000 piece puzzle
    8. My favourite gluten free brownies
    9. Honey soy chicken chips (I'm assuming this and the above would not be included in basic food provisions)
    10. Adult colouring books & requisite coloured pencils

3. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@squigglegiggle Your list is accepted, a sentimental item like your teddy is allowed.
    Love Murdoch Mysteries, catch it on tv.

*Edit* - More about Food Provisions
    A food/meal preference card is required to be filled out at the beginning of your confinement, tick the items you would like to have.
    Breakfast -
    Your choice of cereal + milk/soymilk. White or wholemeal bread for toast. Butter/Margarine. Jam of your choice. Jar of honey on request. Oatmeal sachets (microwave and kettle are provided. For OH&S this is the only cooking allowed.) Your preference of fullfat or lowfat products.
    Drinks -
    Commonly used teabags and instant coffee, sugar/sweetener.
    Lunch -
    Two whole sandwiches of basic common filings - ham or chicken squares TLC. Salt & Pepper. (The amount of food needed is a personal choice - more than 2 sandwiches per day will be a part of your list.)
    Dinner -
    Your choice of Roast chicken or a Pie/Pastie served with cooked veggies and chips. Pie - classic minced meat pie. Tomato and BBQ sauces.
    Tailored Dieters - Basic substitutes can be made for meat products.
    Snacks -
    2 servings of fruit per day - a choice of apples, pears or oranges
    2 packets of Shapes biscuits and 2 packets of Milk Arrowroot per week - Aussies
    - other country participants, 4 packets of your local commonly consumed biscuits under 300g.
    Sorry, no desserts provided - a part of your list perhaps.
    Everything else not listed here are considered Specific Rare Foods.

*A Notebook or A Diary or A Reel of Paper and Pens are considered as one item for those who wish to write.

4. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

Here are my choices:

1. A top of the line Kindle loaded to maximum with my favorite authors and books. Along with a charging cord.
    2. A top of the link Nook loaded to maximum with more books. Because they won't all fit on one e-reader. :)
    3. A blank diary and pens/pencils to write in it. Colors would be nice.
    4. 50 pounds of chocolate candy varieties. Especially Reese's and M&Ms.
    5. My laptop loaded with games and fan fiction to read, as well as my complete iTunes library.
    6-9. A complete set of DMC cross stitch floss, fabric in 2-3 colors, a jumbo pack of needles, and my collection of patterns.
    10. My favorite blanket for cuddling in. Big, soft and warm.

5. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@rivak, a creative list. No worries about the coloured pens, Bic 4-colour pens can be supplied.
    Looked up the conversion of pound to kilo, that's over 22 kilos of chocolates! Wow, a serious chocoholic!
    I can't even manage a block of 180-200g in a week!

6. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

Chocolate is my comfort food. When I'm stressed or worried, I go looking for some. I figure if I were quarantined for 2+ weeks all alone I'd need a lot of comfort. :)

Lyddy likes this.
  7. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@rivak I can't eat a lot when I am stressed, I simple want to be alone and go to sleep, may sound strange to many, but hey, each to their own! I believe I would have a peaceful time @'Hotel Seclusion'! hahaha

8. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

1. Eggs (because your all grain breakfast options will leave me in a world of pain)
    2 Bacon or ham ( as above)
    3. cheese
    4. olives
    5. cherry tomatos
    6 Seasons 1-15 of Supernatural
    7. Seasons 1-8 The Arrow
    8. Seasons 1-6 The Flash
    9. Whipping cream
    10. cinnamon

I already have the Vicar of Dibley box set so intend to smuggle that in down my shirt hahaha.

Menu card.
    Breakfast - just the jam and the drinks please (cant have the rest)
    Lunch - The ham or chicken squares from the sandwiches, hold the bread please
    Dinner - Roast Chicken
    Fruit apples and oranges
    snacks, bring them on, a teeny bit wont kill me.
    As for dessert, I have the makings of a pav in the my 10 items :)

9. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@ctindaldavies As your body seems to be intolerant of grain products, then your dietary needs is classified as a Tailored Dieter, so Eggs&Bacon can be swapped with all those grain foods.
    I'm flexible to to group things, I see eggs&bacon go hand in hand, just like paper&pen, so it's classified as one item.

Since eggs&bacon are supplied to you instead of grain foods, that's two slots freed up for other items that you can't go without while staying at Hotel Seclusion.
    No need to sneak Vicar of Dibley dvds through, hahaha, now you have one slot left, what else can you add to your list?

Also, as cheese is supplied in sandwiches for the lunch menu, (TLC -Tomato Lettuce Cheese -all ordinary items), you can have a portion of cheese for your breakfast, I assume that's why it's on your list. Unless it's a specific special brand of cheese, then it can remain on your list, otherwise you have one more free slot for other desired items.

And if really can't live without Cherry Tomatoes, then it can remain on your list, as ordinary tomatoes can be supplied to you for breakfast for your dietary needs. Maybe another free slot here?

I assume you want cinnamon powder, not sticks.
    Please keep in mind that the only cooking appliances supplied are a microwave and a kettle. Unless you can whip up that pav in the microwave, then you are all set for your stay in Hotel Seclusion after tweaking your list! :)

-------------------------------------
    *Addition to Guidelines/Conditions* - ie if I wasn't clear on the budget limit of 500 bucks in your currency.
    If you are to be transported from your home to Hotel Seclusion, then you have a chance to fill one duffel bag with the ten items (mostly expensive things) you can't live without in an unusual trying circumstance. Time frame for this chance is three hours - enough time to upload ebooks, games and music files. The budget is there to supplement your desired items.
    But for those to be transported from airports/seaports then they will only have their luggage items, so the budget is there to enhance their coping experience.
    There is a tech helper to burn music cds and upload legal files for you if you have your laptop/devices with you, provided you don't mind others knowing what you are listening to or reading. Hotel Seclusion staff will try their best to accommodate your privacy.
    -------------------------------------

ctindaldavies likes this.
  10. happycallie

happycallie Forum Great Master

1. I would love in house worship instead of on the TV.
    2. Real live HUGS from my family.
    happycallie
    ID #44901803

11. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Hot water bottle
    My own Dunlopillow pillow
    Wine subscription for a box a month
    Subscription to my favourite magazine
    My sewing machine
    Material and elastic to make face masks.
    A banana palm with steady supply of bananas
    All my beads and accessories.

ctindaldavies likes this.
  12. Lyddy

Lyddy Active Author

@farmerumf A fabulous list!. I am not sure a banana palm can fit in an ordinary duffel bag, hahaha, but as a part of your budget allocation, store-bought bananas (organic if available) can be supplied per your dietary requirement.

How could I have forgotten my Dunlop pillow! Too late, I'm already in Hotel Seclusion, just have to enjoy what is provided.

@happycallie This is a place for a hypothetical quarantine of at least fourteen days, maybe you could give a little bit of thought to some tangible activities/hobbies you would like to engage in to divert your mind during your stay @Hotel Seclusion.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    30th July
    @shooger.sweet or other available mods, please close this thread. I am time poor presently, do not wish to continue maintaining this thread. Many thanks.
    A basket of goodies is by the ModCave. ;)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    farmerumf likes this.
  13. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Thanks for another yummy goodie basket :)

Closing thread as requested.

Lyddy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.