illy1996

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by illy1996, Sep 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am sooo late with this post, apologies. I kept on thinking I must do this but I have been so busy. I wanted to add my welcome to everyone who had already introduced themselves then the list just got bigger and bigger and I just never had time to do it all. :wuerg:

So I would just like to welcome everyone here who has posted their introduction: I have just read through every post and giggled quite a bit about all the initial reactions to the new Forum, creations of siggies and lack of smilies - now we are all hanging out here just like it's always been this way! :D

I just love all the familiar and new siggies that have appeared and are still appearing every day. :inlove:

So I (and my alter-ego Chevrefeuille) are originally from the UK but now live in France. Like a lot of the farmers have already said, I love to chat with farmers from all over the world. I don't have as much time as I would like to chat over the fence with my neighbours and buddies but I take the opportunity when I can. :)

I love to read and listen to music (not necessarily at the same time!). I also enjoy gardening and adore all animals though I don't have any furry friends myself at the moment, just waiting till I retire! :)

I am really getting to like this new Forum and find a lot of the features are very user (in my case numpty) friendly - well done BP! ;)

*Leaves big plate of freshly (and self replenishing - well it is virtual :p) baked triple chocolate brownies for all to share.* xD

2. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Hi illy! Don't worry...I haven't done my intro either....at this point...I think everyone knows I'm here and who I am. LOL

NOm..yum thanks for the triple choco brownies!! The breakfast of champions right?:)
    No furry friend...oh you need to remedy that! There's so many little furballs out there that need a good home...and I have good feeling yours would be divine!
    Thanks for all you do on behalf of all of us farmers who need an extra push....on creating and maintaining the SOS thread during events!!!!

vlady likes this.
  3. Chevrefeuille

Chevrefeuille Forum Commissioner

Hi Brooke - I'm with you there regarding furry friends but we both work so it wouldn't be fair to leave them home alone! But I haven't got long to wait - well a few years but not too many. :p

I couldn't do anything by myself with the SOS thread so all thanks go to the farmers who check it out and send to all those in need! Looks like I/we am/are going to be busy again real soon! xD

penguinfarmer and vlady like this.
  4. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Hi illy1996! Your SOS threads are very helpfull I haven't right there but I am helping whoever needs help when I have an extra gift:)
    Do you know to play any musical instrument?

5. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Welcome to the forum illy! I enjoyed your intro! I can send you furry 'dust bunnies' that have collected under the bed. They can be left home alone!

vlady, illy1996 and *stargazer* like this.
  6. illy1996

Oh, yes please PnP! By the way, when I was away, I caved in and treated myself to a little Eyore soft toy - so cute, couldn't resist. He sits behind me on the sofa when I am farming. Think I wanted a surrogate pet! I know from another post that you were also a Winnie the Pooh fan. :inlove:

vlady and Nick like this.
  7. puppiesnponies

Your memory is amazing! Yes, I am a Winnie the Pooh fan. In fact, WTP was the first stuffed toy my children received as infants. Eeyore is adorable too. Your new toy is the perfect pet!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    vlady and Nick like this.
  8. Chevrefeuille

:p Not such a great memory, I read here somewhere that you liked Steph2014's avitar cos you were a great WTP fan. Spookily, when I turned to look at my Eeyore, he seems to be leaning forward more to read what I am writing! :eek:

penguinfarmer, vlady and *stargazer* like this.
  9. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Hi Illy, good to see you here! I am one of the many that have benefited from your SOS thread when my farm was just a baby.:)

vlady, illy1996 and Nick like this.
  10. Chevrefeuille

Thanks TC! Aw, and how big you've grown! Coochy coochy coo! xD

The SOS grew off the back of the strategies threads - I just took it and ran with it (sounds a bit energetic for me lol!). It was just a means to separate requests so farmers needing help could be quickly identified. I may post it for each event but it is "owned" by all farmers. :inlove:

I am afraid that with this event, we may see a lot of posters there very soon! o_O

Edit: o_Ops, my alter-ego has replied on my behalf! 8)

11. puppiesnponies

*Wanders in to look for those triple chocolate brownies...*

I, too, benefited from the SOS thread during an event I struggled when my sister had surgery. I also have met some great farmers there and some even became neighbors/buddies.

vlady and illy1996 like this.
  12. aisyahsaad

aisyahsaad Someday Author

Hi illy.. Glad to see you here. I too love love love your SOS thread.:inlove::inlove::inlove:
    I always check there when I wanted to help others in need.;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  13. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Hello silly illy! So glad you finally made it here! *hugs* Your Eeyore sounds adorable (he's my favorite :inlove:), and much easier to clean up after, too. Not always begging for food or shredding his bed (she says to the backdrop of a mooing Moose and a Cam with tufts of stuffing stuck to his tongue :pxD). Sounds like he'll have lots of farm company soon, maybe he's checking out the little lady Eeyorettes *plays Air Supply to set the mood*;).

14. illy1996

Hi Spots, Aisya! Welcome, take a load off and grab a brownie ... unless PnP took them all to feed to her dogs and horses! :)

Eeyore is very well behaved ... just sits and helps me farm. Should listen to him more often methinks! xD

vlady, puppiesnponies and Nick like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Someday Author

Hi illy1996
    Nice to meet you:)

vlady and Arielh like this.
  16. illy1996

Nice to meet you too Nick. ;)

I used to "play" the recorder and have tried very hard to learn to play the piano, even passed the first two piano exams. I don't think I practised enough though and never really managed to play anything at the right speed! Still something to go back to when I retire I think. How about you Arielh, do you play any musical instrument? :)

vlady, Nick and Arielh like this.
  17. Arielh

Before some years I started piano lessons but they didn't go well. I am not good at music:p :eek::music:
    I am a sports person I like tennis, basketball, swimming, running these are my hobbies.
    Do you like any sports?

Nick and vlady like this.
  18. puppiesnponies

Can't feed chocolate to the dogs...guess I will have to eat theirs to keep them healthy!;)xD Now, BillyWhiskers, on the other hand loves sweet treats!xD

vlady, *stargazer* and Arielh like this.
  19. illy1996

Arielh: I am not very sporty, never have been. I like swimming but that's about it for me! 8)

Now PnP, I know doggies can't eat real chocolate but they can eat virtually anything "virtual"! Why is it that they love anything sweet but shouldn't eat it ... hey that sounds a lot like me! :inlove:

vlady, Arielh and puppiesnponies like this.
  20. Arielh

so would you like some chocolate balls then?:p
    [​IMG]

Nick and vlady like this.