LDCrow

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by LDCrow, Mar 31, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

Howdy all!

This game came recommended to me by another gamer in another site. I was looking for a new game to play as my former gaming addiction had grown stale. I wasn't sure I was going to stay at first. Since I live and work on a small farm in RL why would I want to spend my valuable time playing a farming game? o_O

I gotta say it has sucked me in, pulled me under and I've gone down for the 3rd time. :D

So now that I have decided to stay and make this my new gaming addiction I thought I would pop in and say hello.

I'm in Texas, in a place no one not from there as ever heard of, basically the middle of nowhere. I planted green beans, potatoes, squash and tomatoes today for real. Sadly will have to wait much longer than 3 hours for them to be fully grown. ;)

spotsbox, Arielh, IVANCICA30 and 10 others like this.
  2. sewinglady

sewinglady Exceptional Talent

Hi! And welcome!
    Yes, we could only wish crops grew this fast in real life. This is an easy game to get addicted to very quickly. Have fun - and don't forget to come here and look through the FAQs - tons of information there - sometimes it's a little hard to find, but it's all there.

IVANCICA30, penguilnz and abubadi66 like this.
  3. fifitrixiebell

fifitrixiebell Forum Veteran

Hey there LDCrow, welcome to Farmerama :). I see you're having a bit of troubles with moles on your farm....aren't we all!!xDxDxD

IVANCICA30 and penguilnz like this.
  4. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Hello & Welcome LDCrow
    Have fun, Happy Farming !

5. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Welcome LDCrow! I hope you continue to enjoy the game!:)

6. SillyGuy

SillyGuy Forum Veteran

Welcome to Farmerama game and forum, LDCrow:) Have fun and happy farming !

7. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

Hello and welcome. Enjoy and happy farming ^_^

8. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Welcome LDCrow to the game and the forum:)
    What is the climate of Texas? Do you have trees also in your RL farm?

penguilnz and LDCrow like this.
  9. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

The climate in the region of Texas I'm in is hot and humid. We get very little cold even in the winter. If we have a week with temps below freezing then that is a very bad winter here. Currently it's still cool enough to have the windows open and no AC but that is not going to last long.

Yes we have trees on the farm. We grow citrus in the form of grapefruit, lemons, mexican key limes and Satsumas (which are a small sweet orange like a Clementine). We also have a variety of Pecan, pear, plum, nectarine and figs.

Arielh, bygo_cris and fifitrixiebell like this.
  10. labmommy30

labmommy30 Forum Duke

Well, Hey!! I'm in Central Texas, but have also lived in far west Texas as well. Welcome to the best game ever!!!

11. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Oh yum, I love nectarines! I bet they are awesome sweet off the tree :inlove:. I could definitely make use of those pecans come Thanksgiving, too, lol. I even like grapefruit, if it's sweet enough I don't even use Splenda on it ;). Welcome to the funny farm, LD, we'll try not to scare you off :D. Generally speaking, we're a pretty nice group of farmers, tho we all have our off days; some of us are even quite the comics (watch for BeeDance's posts, he'll have you in stitchesxD). If you feel your fondness for the game approaching FOCD there should be a farmer's anonymous meeting going somewhere in the forum (the first step is to embrace your addiction, or it should be anyway :p). Hope to see you around the forum a lot, maybe even in chat if we can ever all get coordinated to show up at the same time :wuerg:.

12. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

Sounds like you're a bit farther South than I am and I'm very unfortunately a city dweller. We already have the AC on it's been so humid and I hate to say you can't sleep with the windows open it's simply to dangerous.

13. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

Why is dangerous?

14. Clashstrummer

Clashstrummer Count Count

There is a very high crime rate in the city I live in. Even living in a nice neighborhood you pretty much have to have a security system and that means windows closed and locked especially at night.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    bygo_cris likes this.
  15. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

I see.. That is so bad.I wish violence doesn't exist in this world :( Take care!

penguilnz, fifitrixiebell and Arielh like this.
  16. Arielh

Arielh Living Forum Legend

Clashstrummer I thought it was dangerous because insects could get in the house... That's even worse then:oops:

17. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

That is so terrible but unfortunately true. Meanwhile we hardly even lock our doors and often leave keys in vehicles.

18. farmerlily22

farmerlily22 Forum Master

So nice to meet you LDCrow. Your avitar is lovely:)

19. LDCrow

LDCrow Forum Baron

Nice to meet you as well. They are bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush two Texas wildflowers.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 7, 2015