Feedback Mini Events: December 2019

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Nov 30, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the mini events going on in December 2019, in this Feedback thread.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future mini events.

If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Just seen an announcement for Baby Boom on Wednesday December 4 from 13:00 CET to 20:00 CET. It might interest you to know that those times are 11:00pm to 6:00am in Melbourne, Australia.

I am well aware that you cannot cater for all time zones equally and that sometimes events are going to start or finish at times that are inconvenient or downright impossible for some players. I accept that, and I am the first to defend the fact that there is nothing you can do to make the start/end times fair for all.

What I do expect is that you give everyone equal access. Whilst those who live on CET time get 7 lovely hours of Baby Boom, and those in similar time zones also get good access, those of us who have the misfortune of living on the opposite side of the world get none of it. None. I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that an 11:00pm to 6:00am event is inaccessible. I could maybe get one or two rounds of breeding in during the late evening, but that's expecting me to stay up late to do so. I don't think I'm being unreasonable to ask to be able to participate in an event without having to give up sleep to do so. Even if I did stay up to participate in the event, I still wouldn't get anywhere near the 7 hours CET players do.

And sure, part of the issue is my lifestyle choice to go to bed before midnight. That's on me. But you should be well aware that if you only provide a 7 hour window for the event, those 7 hours are going to be totally inaccessible for a huge proportion of people. And assuming you do have the basic intelligence to know this fact, what this really says is that you know a whole lot of players can't join in, and you don't care. Which in many ways is worse than simply being too ignorant to even think of it in the first place.

If you made the event 24 hours as a standard rule, everyone could participate equally.

Edit: I focused my comment on the inaccessibility for those of us on the other side of the world because that pertains to my personal situation. However, even if you do have the good luck of living in the CET time zone, you are running the event during the second half of the work day. Yes, many of your players will be tertiary students or retirees and may be home during those hours, but what about the many players who work for a living - you know, so they can afford to pay YOU the money you so desperately want?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    baw815, 1msech2006, farmerumf and 2 others like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

It does seem very unreasonable that a BB lasts only 7 hours - not only for those in other time zones but those who work or have other commitments. If BB and the PF sale were extended to 24 hours, surely BP would make more money from the sales and everybody would have a fair shot at the BB. :)

4. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

I completely agree! :p

5. 1msech2006

1msech2006 Forum Inhabitant

Agree most heartedly. I live in the est zone and have no problem playing this BB event, however it is very unfair to others on the other side of the world. Why was there a change made in this event in the first place? We used to have a whole weekend or a couple of days during the week for this event. I have missed BB several times because of the way this event has been scheduled lately. BB is my most favorite event. This BB event scheduling is unfair and should go back to the way it was previously scheduled in 24 or 48 hour segment in order to be fair for all players around the world!

baw815, Brookeham and squigglegiggle like this.
  6. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I agree that even though I am one of those who can utilize this short BB, it is unfair to the vast majority of players. Personally, I think it's rotten to not just have BB on for the entirety of a breeding event. I understand that the viewpoint is that limited access will drive PF sales, but in reality, I think the opposite it true - people will get caught up in the breeding and do more, thus requiring more PF, if they feel accomodated. As I've said before, these things are basic Econ 101. Not everything is direct correlation supply and demand. There are other factors in play here. While I don't wish to go back to the days of the event starts on Wed and there's no BB until Saturday, if you're going to do an early BB, make it 24 hours so everyone has the same fair shot.

1msech2006, baw815 and squigglegiggle like this.
  7. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Thank you all for the feedback provided!

Best regards,
    teddy.bear

~ closing thread ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.