Need For Speed.

Discussion in 'Player Suggestions' started by 1Kay58, Dec 30, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. 1Kay58

1Kay58 Advanced

I would love to see an option to enable "speed" fertilizer, Suzy's supergrow and supergrow, like we have for watering fields. I don't use my manure much because it's simply too hard to use on each of those little tiny fields!

2. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

BP wants you to spend real $$$ for that option! Free playing =the hard way;)

1Kay58, baw815 and morris111 like this.
  3. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

I'm surprised that bp doesn't give a free week of premium to show people how awesome it can be. Myself I don't think that there is enough of a difference to make it worth paying for.

4. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

xDxDxDxDxDxDI suggested that years ago when I first started playing (and I am sure many others did before me)......
    I am still waiting-.-

5. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)That is actually such a good idea that perhaps it blinded BP!

I spend as little $$$ as is comfortable here - BUT I would probably leave this game and find another if I did not have the Premium features!! I've had it so long I've forgotten everything it gives...
    ...but, 1Kay58, I think those 'speed' features are all a part of the Premium pkg...
    or maybe it's the Harvester pkg.??
    Does anyone remember which one gives those features??

If everyone could enjoy those features for a week ~free~ many would likely never want to be without the benefits it offers!

*HOWEVER...

***The one Feature that should be a NORMAL part of playing Farmerama/Eventarama,
    and NOT a separate feature - is AUTO HARVESTING!!***
    How many REAL farmers harvest their fields with their OWN hands???!!! o_OxD*

Imho, sometimes BP is 'penny wise, and Pound foolish'. Just add a different (equally valuable) feature to Premium in its place.
    And the Harvester should be part of our farms - not have to pay to make the "FREE" game work right.

Sooo many more players would actually NOT leave the game if auto-harvesting were made an integral part of Farmerama play.
    Ever wonder how many - besides the ones who have actually said they couldn't handle the hand-harvesting - have left this game because of it??!!

And if they could have had what should be NORMAL harvesting - how much more money would they have spent on the actual game IF they were all still here to play it?!?!***

o_OWhew...my head is about to fall off from shaking it in disbelief.8)<--yep, there it is...)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    1Kay58 and morris111 like this.
  6. morris111

morris111 Someday Author

Well said. I dub thee official spokesperson for revoltarama.
    So far all my neighbours quit before lvl20. Except for multiples, no crazy farm animals tearing around harvesting crops.
    Only endless hand numbing clicking. The first dozen lvls are fun because your building something from scratch then comes the endless click, click click. I have days when the 12 hour crops are my choice. I only grow coral trees in baha, feed them to my harvest trophies and hell on earth falls (I'm currently 600m cc into that nightmare)
    Children know about this game and hate it, my 12 and 13 yr olds played it for an hour and I can't say on here what their opinion was.
    Does 1m over 40yo players with 40 accts each really count as 40m players?

1Kay58 and farmlily3 like this.
  7. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)Lol!!xD Thanks for the 'dubbing', morris111!
    I really don't want to lead a revolt, though....just a r-u-s-h to common sense!!

How smart is it for BP to make it so unpleasant to play that your customers l-e-a-v-e!!??
    I realize that BP does it to make us buy the Harvester functions - but they are not counting their loss of players and all the money they would spend if they were still here - not to mention the good will they are losing through so much negativity.

And how "free" is a game that forces you to pay money NOT-to-hurt-yourself...which all that hand harvesting does??
    More negativity and loss.

:)Do you think your kids might like it if they grew animals and sold them on the market instead of cropping??:music:
    Once they got enough animals going, the animals could pay for their own feed, etc.
    As farmer_broke says: always buy your allowed seeds.

**And if you use that green + sign to buy the required feed plant when you go to mill food for the animals...you will not have to grow it as long as you have that plant opened!** (Just mill it - a lot! Lol)
    And once they made enough cc's they could also do some Quests for other things......
    Anyway - it would be a different beginning for them.

Do they like a challenge..?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    1Kay58 likes this.
  8. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Those speed features don't exist...

First of all, I think you are confusing auto tree harvest (part of premium package) with harvest machinery. Auto tree harvest can be nice enough, but is not really essential. The harvest machinery is the single most valuable thing BP sell in Farmerama. If you have the harvest machinery you can easily play the game to its full extent without buying anything else. There is nothing else of equal value to sell instead. I understand that your argument is that they would then have more players that would also spend money on other things, but you can be sure that that's something BP (with more expertise and data) have taken into account and decided against.

Do you really think all players can afford/chooses to prioritize spending 10 euro a month on a game??? Many players in this forum play for free, and some say they harvest 1x1 fields by hand, so I don't know what's up with the "o_O" and "xD".
    All that green pluss sign does is take you to the daily seed shop. If you've already bought your daily seeds, there will be nothing there to purchase...

sanddollar15 likes this.
  9. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)By Auto harvesting I was referring to Crop harvesting, because Crop harvesting is the most intense on hands. As you see in my next post above, I corrected myself and 'Harvester' was mentioned. "Speed" simply referred to harvesting everything at once and not one-by-one by hand.

Unfortunately, (my fault for not being clearer) you have misunderstood/misinterpreted my comment above regarding the comparison about farmers out in the Real(literally meaning Real people) World harvesting manually. Obviously if they did, few stores would have enough food in them to feed their customers. In the Real world, crops must be harvested, for the most part,(of course there are exceptions, as with everything) by machinery.

*Point being that harvesting here on FARMerama should also be done by Machinery, and not expected to be painfully done by hand.
    For a game to expect its players to have to suffer pain in order to complete farming tasks that-come-with-playing-the-game is an unethical way to claim that playing it is "Free". (Either pay with Pain, or pay us money.) That is not quite "free" in most people's opinions, and has been the biggest reason why so many potential players have stated that they leave the game.*

**So, NO, of course I do not think that all players can/would/ or should pay $10 mo. for harvesting machinery! The point is that the Harvesting machinery should be a free part of this game, for the simple reason that it is necessary to be able to play properly and without pain.

In summary - NO ONE should have to pay for Harvesting machinery.**

I am sorry that I confused you and did not make what I said more clear. Thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I could clarify it.**

As for the "o_O" - that shows the surprise/disappointment in BP for being so callous as to require money to alleviate the pain of playing their GAME without the machinery they want you to pay for...and the "xD"is how funny/ridiculous that premise is.
    It also reflects on how impossible it would be out in the real world to not use machinery to harvest the huge amounts of crops that they must harvest! (Almost as much as Farmeramas crops!!xD)

Addendum:
    (Auto tree harvesting is valuable for the fact that it accumulates EP for up to a week until it is harvested. I have actually received literally millions of extra EPs from this feature. It's a nice extra.
    Harvested trees after a week without Premium give only their normal unaccumulated amount.
    It's quite valuable for accumulating EP, and can make a big difference for those who may be gone for periods of time from the game. And you are correct, this does come with Premium.)

P.S. About the green Plus sign - it is most useful for newer players who have not yet built up a large enough amount of CC's to be able to buy all those daily seeds. The green + sign is specific to whatever you are wanting to mill feed for, and takes away the worry of not having enough seeds to mill if you have not bought 'daily seeds'. By using it, one always has enough to mill at least some amounts of feed for whichever animal they are milling for.
    It is also useful when doing Quests if you need extra, and have not yet done the daily seed buying.

It is useful, too, for any of the rest of us - like me - who have already built up a stock of 'seeds' but do not want to use them up, or have to take the time every day to re-stock everything. By buying with the green + sign, I am stocking/re-stocking/topping off whatever I am using, and am not concerned about my stock running low. I can then do it the other way when I have the time.
    It's quite handy.

10. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

Sorry, I did not understand that you made a comparison to RL.

You also get the accumulated fruit and I agree it is quite nice, just not essential.

farmlily3 likes this.