New Year's Festivities Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by SahraB, Dec 23, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SahraB

SahraB Count Count

Starts: Friday, 27th of December at 14:00 CET (UTC 1)
    Ends: Wednesday, 1st of January at 22:00 CET (UTC 1)

FAQ

Event Crop: Popper Poppies
    Time: 6 hours and 30 minutes
    Plantable on the 3 main lands (main farm, green meadow, magical glade) only!

Drop: New Year Hat
    You will get these drops when harvesting your 3 main lands (main, meadow, glade) from everything you harvest - trees, crops, stables and workshops.

Mill Product: Sparklers [​IMG]
    Ingredients: 140 x Popper Poppies + 8 x New Year Hats

Requirements:

For CR and items:
    148 * Sparklers (20,720 x Popper Poppies + 1,184 x New Year Hats )
    Total Requirements:
    173 * Sparklers (24,220 x Popper Poppies + 1,384 x New Year Hats )

Happy New Year!:)

2. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

Thank you SahraB for kicking off the New Year Festivities. :)
    Maybe the Party Hats will fall generously to make it a Happy New Year! :music: (It is said to be Easy.)
    Just in case - SOS thread. :p

3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thank you SahraB and joanc123. I am going to attempt this event! Happy New Year to you all!:inlove:

4. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

Thank you Sahrab and Joan. :inlove:

5. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I'm going to go to step 3 and pick up the 5 stars. My farm is saturated with goodies, and I need a break from multi-day farming.

6. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thank you SahraB for doing all the maths work and Joan for the SOS thread. :)

I will not be clearing my Glade yet again and I am hoping to finish A Winter's Tale so I will use one field until Sunday and see how I get on. Very disappointing after all the recent events that seem to have been more farmer friendly, this one seems to have taken a backward step. Never mind, I have my FOCD under control now so will do what I can and enjoy the festive season! :inlove:
    Good luck all! ;)

7. Nala777

Nala777 Forum Overlooker

8. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Thank you SahraB and Joanc123:):)
    FAQ says it's easy so I'll have a go.

Good luck all who are doing this :)

9. illy1996

Whoops! Silly me ... got my dates wrong and thought this started today. Left two of my fields unharvested for eight hours for nothing! :music:
    Repeat strategy for tomorrow and hope I remember NOT to harvest again! xD

10. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

Thank you SarahB and Joan for doing the leg work for us..... mind work...... I've not been thinking clearly lately, going through so much so every little bit helps take the edge off. It took me a bit Nala777 to remember how to apply a code but went up to the drop down menu and tried the code.... it didn't work for me. Good luck everyone and have fun! Blessings, Molly

11. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Active Author

is it actually physically possible to make 24000 poppies by new years? I started late wondering what the pizza slices were that I was getting, now having done the math I am scratching my head how this one will be possible to complete.

SahraB, Cassie101 and joanc123 like this.
  12. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

There is room for 588 1x1 fields on the three main lands. With CAC each harvest yields 1764 crops. To get 24220 you need 14 rounds. The event is a bit over 5 days long, so that's almost 3 harvests a day.

Yes it is possible with most of the land in 1x1s, CAC and three harvests a day.

13. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Active Author

i still need the main one for the winter's tale quest but I have worked out using all my supergrow and boosters I can just about do it

SahraB, joanc123 and Cassie101 like this.
  14. Thanks for the numbers and the info SahraB.

SahraB, Cassie101 and joanc123 like this.
  15. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Back home after a vacation of 8 days. Refreshed and happy. Active playing of this event only from tomorrow.

SahraB, Cassie101, trishap58 and 2 others like this.
  16. saturnia22

saturnia22 Forum Great Master

I can only do 2 per day, I work full time and this is a big ask to produce 24k of crop and I don't plan on spending New Years Eve waiting around for crops. with 36 hours to go I will go as far as my crops take me. the days of getting up in the middle of the night on purpose to harvest are fading away....
    I guess they figured if you were at home doing nothing else for the year end it would be something to do.

joanc123 and SahraB like this.
  17. illy1996

I totally agree Saturnia. It is really hard to do this amount of crops during what is supposed to be a festive season. I do expect to finish tomorrow but I have broken so many of my (self-imposed) rules to do it. I'm not working but I am still finding it pretty difficult to accomplish. And this one is supposed to be "Easy". :eek:

The next event is marked as "Easy to Medium". The crops take 8 hours and I am hoping to get three harvests in per day but not sure if this will be possible. If I calculated correctly, the number of crops required will be about 22k! :wuerg:
    Like you, I will do what I can with the time I want to spend on the game. Never will I set my alarm to harvest! 8)

joanc123 and SahraB like this.
  18. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Well "Happy New Year" to all! I have finished this event and have CR up and running! Good Luck to all on reaching your goals, as with almost any event these days you do have to decide weather you have the time and effort to do it!;):p

joanc123 likes this.
  19. illy1996

Too true, Sanddollar. I found this weekend extremely confusing, didn't quite know what to do, there was just so much going on! But I think a lot of us have come to the same conclusion: we can't do everything so we do the things we really want to do and let the other things ride. :p

joanc123 and sanddollar15 like this.
  20. Mellowmalt

Mellowmalt Active Author

I have never completed an event before, this one I am going for it, I am at somewhere like 18000 out of 24000 however the stable event along side this meant I had to constantly clean out stables on top of trying to wake up in the middle of the night to harvest fields.
    Last night I slept through my alarm... should still be ok as I have finished the stables but without all harvest helpers this kind of event which seems to be weekly is just torture on the wrist and soul.
    I worked out to harvest the 3 fields on baha, the 3 fields on the main land, then all the xp bonus givers can take up to an hour. Which needs to be repeated every 4-6 hours.

then I spent another 2 hours scrolling through quests to see where all the harvest helpers are hiding and there are lots there. took me ages to find them though

joanc123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.