Octo-tastic Daycare

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by ctindaldavies, Jul 6, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Octo-tastic Daycare FAQ

Starts: Wednesday, 7th of July at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Ends: Tuesday, 13th of July at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2)

*** New Start and Finish time adjustments***
    Starts: Wednesday, 7th of July at 18:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Ends: Tuesday, 13th of July at 22:00 CEST (UTC+2)

Event crop:

Kelp - 7 hours - You will need to mill your starter seeds.

Plantable on Rainforest and Crystal Falls. Now before you run off and plant your longest crops to get ahead on drops, don't bother..... read on.

Event drop:
    Coco de Mer

You will get drops FROM BREEDING ONLY. Each breeding guarantees 1 Coco de Mer. You will need the drop item to mill the Coconut Pudding that is required for the other side of the event. You can also gift these to your friends and neighbours as per normal.

At the beginning you will need to choose which order you will start the event on: Donating Kelp or Donating Coconut Puddings.

Mill items
    Kelp

Recipe 1: 1 x Diving Goggles (special event item) + 1 x Snorkel = 1 x Kelp
    Recipe 2: 10 x Diving Goggles + 10 x Snorkels = 10 x Kelp
    Every player will receive 5 Diving goggles at the start of the event. If you drop under 5, the system will refresh every 5 hours. Snorkels will be rewarded in the event layer to get started.

Coconut Pudding
    Recipe 1: 10 x Coco de Mer + 1 x Machete = 1 x Coconut Pudding
    Recipe 2: 100 x Coco de Mers + 10 x Machetes = 10 x Coconut Puddings
    Machetes are also rewarded in the event layer.

Needed:
    Kelp 11,171
    Coconut Pudding: 29 (290 Coco de Mer from 290 breedings = 580 Power feed - not taking gifted drops into account).

The required givers for the Cloud row are given at levels 4 and 6 of the event, with double ups at levels 10 and 11. If you want the Cloud row you must complete the event in it's entirety.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Thank you, ct, for getting us started for this event. There are too many reasons, both on and off the farm, that I will not be doing this one.o_O Friends and neighbors, please send your drops to those who will participate.:)

Willow, morrisbaby1, Sue46 and 6 others like this.
  3. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks CT for starting this thread and doing the groundwork. ;)

I am undecided on this one. I agree that the PF requirement is high though we do get 110 PF back in prizes. I won't be pulling up my Crystal Falls so that really leaves a big ask to get 11k+ of crops from one field - and a 7 hour one at that! :wuerg:

The prizes are good but not exceptional. Oh yeah, a Piccolo Box and some Wonder Trees and Stables - after opening 15 Wonder Stables and getting NO Secretary Birds, I am not sure it will be worth the effort. :eek:

I have to say that I always send the event drop to my neighbours as I have no idea these days what everyone wants. At least they get the drops converted to something at the end of the event so no loss really. :music:
    Good luck to all those who are going for it. :)

Willow, Sue46, Mooboy and 5 others like this.
  4. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Nope Nope Nope. Cloud row regenerates in 333 hours - that's almost 14 days - so figure every two weeks. So the end goal is that? I don't care how scrumptious it looks. Nope. I do not have the time to fool with this one. Sitting it out, even on sewinglady's farm.

Willow, Sue46, Mooboy and 4 others like this.
  5. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks ct for starting the thread and giving all the facts needed! I will not be doing this event as RL is just to crazy right now! There is a tropical storm (Elsa) headed right for us later today through the morning on Wed soooo we could lose power!:p I think that this event requires way too much work to get a CR that is less than ideal! Good luck everyone and to everyone in this storms path, take care and stay safe!:inlove:

Willow, Sue46, Mooboy and 3 others like this.
  6. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Thank you ctindaldavies for the calculations.
    According to the grapevine thread there is to be 'Happy Discount Day' mini event this weekend. So we might reduce the PF requirements to half the amount then, which will be 290 PFs.

What 333 hours/ 14 days !!!!!!!!!! I missed that particular fact while going through FAQ. Thanks for pointing out dumbunny. May be I will follow broke's way - Whenever you are in need of anything - buy and sell and in the process also build up your stock of barn and stack up your CCs too.

Willow, Sue46, RowSie and 4 others like this.
  7. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

Be safe, sanddollar! Hopefully Elsa will just kiss the coast instead of delivering a hard slap or, heaven forbid, knockout punch.
    I will do at least part of this to get the much coveted Piccolo box. :inlove: I'll start with the kelp, no PF needed if I read right. If I decide to continue on with the coconut side, so be it, but right now my goal is level 5 kelp for the box, then maybe 6 for the 2nd giver (great for G&T if nothing else), then will decide about the rest.

I'm so impatient, I can never wait for the discount day. :p I always end up paying full PF price.:wuerg: And, I never know for sure if I'll have time to breed during the discount period, so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! xD

12ss12, Willow, Mooboy and 1 other person like this.
  8. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

There is an announcement that the start is delayed tomorrow.

12ss12, Willow, Sue46 and 3 others like this.
  9. ctindaldavies

Good luck with Elsa, Sanddollar.

Here's hoping we do get the Happy Discount Day. Potentially you could end up only having to use 190-170 PF if you received 20 drop gifts per day. Even that is still a big ask for some.

I'm in it for the picolo box. This one looks more possible to obtain. However I am not interested in a cloud row that takes 2 weeks to harvest for an average result. I am not a big animal grower (because we are always ripping up the fields I put them on) and don't use a lot of turbo mulch.

thanks, I will edit the info.
    That now puts it at a midnight start for me, so pfft. I am NOT staying up or getting up for that.

And the party ticket sale is for the 3 hours between 11pm and 2am. I often miss it because it of their ability to run it at an inconvenient time. Doesnt matter. I don't need party tickets, right? right? lol.

10. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

You don't need party tickets... Wheel has been weird lately. First it gives bonuses to all three of my farms on the same day...then none of my farms see a bonus even show up to tease me for the rest of the last event. So I'm not sure what that was all about.

Anyway, I'm weird about wheel tickets (both kinds) Tend to use about 10 a day. Unless there's a reason to use more. I save up the party ticket crates. You can only open a couple at a time because you can get too many green tickets otherwise.

Sanddollar - batten down the hatches! That Elsa is bringing the pain, er, rain! Stay safe and dry.

11. illy1996

Thank goodness I stopped to read the Forum before I farmed! I have decided to do this event as it is on Baha and leaves me to do regular farming on main fields. I was about to rip out Crystal Falls - it needs a revamp, I haven't changed it in yonks. :p

But as it is early for me, I didn't read the Announcement in full and thought it had been postponed for a week! LOL! Thank you dear friends for putting me straight - again! xD

With the delay, I won't bother starting until tomorrow morning but with a full field (Crystal Falls) extra, the crops should be no problem and I have enough PF to do the other section. :)
    Good luck all those in Elsa's path. ;)

12ss12, Willow, Sue46 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

After careful read of FAQ of this Event: By the way This Event will be delayed by 4 Hours due to Technical Issues

• Firstly need to Mill some Kelp seedings
    • Then Build up your Kelp Seedings
    • Then need to Grow 11171 Kelp to Task 6 to get these Machetes, You cannot Mill Coconut Puddings without Machetes
    • Task 3 + Task 6 Gives you 30 = 30 Power Feed Wait until Discount Day get you double amount of Coco De Mar
    • Magic Trees give Coco De Mar(Every 24 Hours)+ Neighbours Gifts also give Coco De Mar (Maybe able to Avoid Breeding for those saving up Power Feed for Rumour New Breeding Animal
    • I would then mill the first 7 Coconut Puddings Do the first two tasks in Coconut Puddings, you get another 50 Power Feeds (Do more Breeding during Happy Discounts Day)
    • As Coconut Pudding Task 3 will Reward you another 30 Power Feeds, again do more Breeding during Happy Discount Day
    • Completing Level 9 and Level 10 you get back some Power Feeds working on Breeding Quests

ctindaldavies, 12ss12, Willow and 3 others like this.
  13. illy1996

Mooboy, they are not the Product "Snorkels". You will receive 9,999 (event) Snorkels on level 6 if you choose to do Coconut Puddings first. Vice versa, you will get 9,999 Machetes if you choose to start with the crops. ;)
    I'm starting with the crops and hoping for a Happy Discount at the weekend. :music:

12ss12, Willow, davidb1yth007 and 3 others like this.
  14. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

For anyone wanting to do this event - it might be best to save up and do all your coconut pudding milling in a batch of ten - I believe the mill time on the puddings is 30 minutes. So milling them singly will take you 3½ hours while milling a batch of ten will take you a half hour.

zerodegrees, spotsbox, 12ss12 and 2 others like this.
  15. illy1996

Thanks Dumbunny! Though I might do them overnight. I am waiting till the weekend in the hopes of a Happy Discount event and BB. We shall see. But it is worth noting the time of milling! :wuerg:

16. Shimmer

Shimmer Forum Veteran

Noooooo I didn't read the FAQ properly before choosing a side, I've chosen coconut puddings first which is a huge mistake :cry::cry::cry:
    Why didn't I read it properly?
    -edit-
    Since there don't seem to be 'help threads' any more, I hope I can ask here: if you have any gifts to spare, please send 'Coco de mer' please and thankyou. Farm name is --Shimmer--

spotsbox, 12ss12 and Mooboy like this.
  17. Growalot

Growalot Old Hand

If anyone has gifts to spare, I'd love to receive some coco der mer, thanks. Farm name is Growalot.

I also have spare gifts to send each day, just let me know if you would like to be coco der mer 'gift buddies' during this event.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    spotsbox, Mooboy and 12ss12 like this.
  18. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Will just piddle with this one for a few levels. Not interested in these mill for seed events anyway, and the CR isn't attractive at all. Best of luck to anyone putting in the time for this event.

spotsbox and 12ss12 like this.
  19. ctindaldavies

**COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT** ;)
    24 hours until Summer Days kicks off again on the Green Meadow. Dont forget to prepare for the drops.

I am off to a flying start on this event. Not. I only just got my first full harvest done 3 hours ago, :rolleyes: I'' get another done in an hours or so, I cant do math tonight, its been a very long day dodging storms. Out the door again at 7am tomorrow for a nightmare of the day. Actually we have a torrential thunderstorm warning for the morning, so part of me is hoping that happens and I can stay home a bit longer.

I don't get any party ticket crates unless the Romance IV is a prize somewhere or I have made a stupid mistake and give Sparagus and Beaver all my stuff LOL. I was hoping my picolo was going to be a whack a worm at least but got flower bouquet instead.

20. illy1996

I think I might let my baby farms play with the breeding part of this event if we get a Happy Discount at the weekend. They don't do anything normally but this is pretty simple to do without having to harvest continuously. I could use some Pink Jelly and Pheromones and be done within a couple of hours. :p
    Who knows what I might find in their Piccolo Boxes? xD
    Here speaks the voice of an eternal optimist! :music:

hatzeva, spotsbox, Willow and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.