Oldmcdonald

Discussion in 'Players Introductions' started by oldmcdonald, Feb 22, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. oldmcdonald

oldmcdonald Forum Pro

Hello, oldmcdonald here, from London, UK! :)

Some of you may know me from my gift giving thread - others of you, perhaps those who have been in the game for awhile, will know me by my farm name (I have separate names for farm and forum, you see). I opened my account back in 2011... a long time, I know. o_O I played for about a year, then RL meant there was less time to play, so gradually I just kind of "left." I did come back on, on and off, but never really spent a lot of time on here. I have been back playing regularly since December 2014. I play every day now! :D

I mostly come on here as a method of escapism, an outlet for RL troubles - I find it a great way at releasing all my stress, I see it as almost like a "fantasy world" if you like. That was one of the main reasons I created my thread... I certainly did not expect it to take off like it did! The opportunity to help other players really helped me out too, in fact it was like some kind of therapy - making others happy in turn made me happy!

Right now at this point in the game, I am working at completing the FSQs and levelling up in all my trades; completing something really does give me a great sense of satisfaction. I also want to work at getting some red and pink pens, as I have none (apart from a stinky red horse stable).

If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask :music:

P.S. I absolutely adore cats. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

P.P.S. There seemed to be some confusion about my gender... just because I chose a 'male' name as my forum name does not mean I am not female ;)

2. puppiesnponies

puppiesnponies Living Forum Legend

Thanks for the intro! Glad you are back and so sorry to hear RL is troubling. Hopefully, things will calm down for you soon.

I was glad to read in your game thread that your feral cat is becoming more friendly. I hope you are able to bond and become good buddies:)

3. wolfeyesone

wolfeyesone Forum Veteran

Hi oldmcdonald

It's great you are able to have a bit more time for farming. :)
    Yes, it can be a nice distraction from everyday dealings. Hope things are going well for you!

Have had the pleasure to meet some very nice folks from the UK & did not realized that is where you resided, so now I can include you in that group as well.

I agree, it does give one a sense of self satisfaction when one finally achieves success on something they were aiming for. Good Luck with those game goals !

Happy Farming!

4. saltypixel

saltypixel Regular

Hi oldmcdonald! Another cat lover here (most pets really), although none of mine are with me anymore.

Couldn't agree more about the escapism. I find this game quite therapeutic most of the time.

Good luck with your farming goals!

IVANCICA30, penguilnz and oldmcdonald like this.
  5. bygo_cris

bygo_cris Count Count

Hi oldmcdonald and nice to meet you. I like cats too ^^

IVANCICA30, penguilnz and oldmcdonald like this.
  6. oldmcdonald

oldmcdonald Forum Pro

Thank you for your kind, welcoming messages everyone! :)

I hope so too! She has been visiting me every evening since :D

What a lovely thing to say! :)

That is exactly what it is!

Lovely! :inlove:

IVANCICA30, bygo_cris and penguilnz like this.
  7. penguilnz

penguilnz Forum Veteran

Hello oldmcdonald...;)

oldmcdonald and IVANCICA30 like this.
  8. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) Hi oldmcdonald! It's nice to get to know you better here. You're in good company with all the cat lovers around here!! There is no end to their intelligence and interesting behaviour...and , of course, their warm, fuzzy, purrrrrfectly fascinating ways they have to get what they want from us!!:inlove:
    I'd like to say thank you for your truly generous (we know that about you already!:D) gift giving thread. Am looking forward to our exchanges in the G&T (including c-a-t-s! lol)! Happy (stress-relieving) farming!!:D:D

9. IVANCICA30

IVANCICA30 Regular

hi oldmcdonald i love all your threads and did really enjoy your gift thread :D:D its nice to see in forum that someone is giving something that others need. :inlove:hope you get many cats pen :D:D I live in farm and enjoy living animals and planting every day and it is lot of fun . It is true this game is nice to relax whit and enjoy xDxD so enjoy in it and let your troubles go away

penguilnz and fifitrixiebell like this.
  10. oldmcdonald

oldmcdonald Forum Pro

@penguilnz hello there :)

@farmlily3 I couldn't agree more with you about cats... :inlove: thank you for your kind message! I am very much looking forward to the G&T event as a whole! Not to mention the receiving of many cats!!! :D

@IVANCICA30 You are the first person I have met on here that actually lives on a farm in real life! If you have your own farm, what is the need for a virtual one? Thank you for your kind message as well :)

bygo_cris, penguilnz and IVANCICA30 like this.
  11. IVANCICA30

IVANCICA30 Regular

oldmcdonald i love to grow and in virtual farm plants grow faster :D:D now i am planing what to plant in field and waiting till snow melt so i can go to real work :inlove: i love this game and graphic is great

bygo_cris, penguilnz and wolfeyesone like this.
  12. oldmcdonald

oldmcdonald Forum Pro

Hahah that is true! xD

penguilnz and IVANCICA30 like this.
  13. julie1013

julie1013 Commander of the Forum

Hi there oldmcdonald! I would like to say that you are truly a very sweet and generous person:D Really hope to continue to hear from you;)xD

14. oldmcdonald

oldmcdonald Forum Pro

Thank you for your kind message :)

IVANCICA30 and penguilnz like this.