On Northern Shores

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by habalala, Sep 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

FAQ

A quick overview

- mainland and green meadow only
    - collect 2 different Event Drops from different items to be able to mill 2 different Event Plants
    - an Event Drop on any breeding
    - grow Event Plants and collect more Event Drops and donate these along with specific barn items
    - minor rewards for every completed step
    - main reward: 2 givers needed for an incomplete CR (giving out EP)
    - event runs for 6 days

After noticing the rewards and a quick count of over 500 event drops from trees only were needed, I didn't bother to get the overall total amounts needed for this event as on my farm I will not grow only trees on 2 mainland fields for 2 full days and hope for enough drops; I also will not use the breeding house to have a 50% chance to get an Event Drop I don't want.

Wishing good luck and fortune to all who do go for this one.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Mooboy, Willow, swCactus1 and 11 others like this.
  2. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks habalala for the thread and your "very" perceptive analysis of this event! I will not be doing it either!;)
    Good luck I hope everyone reaches their goals!

swCactus1, Nala777, habalala and 6 others like this.
  3. 456farmer123

456farmer123 Padavan

I will skip this event as well.
    Good luck to others!

Mooboy, swCactus1, habalala and 5 others like this.
  4. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

Thanks habalala for doing the thread. :) I won't be doing this.

Mooboy, swCactus1, Nala777 and 6 others like this.
  5. annaquinn

annaquinn Junior Expert

i'm sitting this one out too!

Mooboy, swCactus1, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  6. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Thanks habalala, I am under the same impression as you. I may however do some of it, but there is no drive to do it. As soon as I saw the words "from trees" I stopped tallying too.

Mooboy, swCactus1, Nala777 and 5 others like this.
  7. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am (probably) skipping this one too, though I did plant a long term crop overnight - it is something I need for an FSQ so both bases covered!:p

I also do not want to put out trees in the hope of getting 135 Anvils - just to get 10 starter seeds! Then later we will need a further 400 for the second Structure. -.-

There is nothing in the prize listing that really tempts me. I would normally go for the wonder/secret stuff but just lately this has given me nothing exciting. 8)
    What is this new habit of restricting drops to crops and trees? :(

8. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

Thanks habalala. I am skipping this event completely. I think I'm going to focus on stocking up my barn in preparation for the upcoming season.

9. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

One more reason to have trees outdoors! Seasons eat up a lot of fruits, so I hope one area is enough for event plants. So I will try. I was a bit late last night, I must wait 1½ hours to get half of the fruit harvest. First Bitter blades are growing.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. Bhodho

Bhodho Count Count

Not for me...
    :(:(:(

11. AniE

AniE Board Analyst

Also skipping this one

12. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Pro

- Both event plants are growing.
    - A few anvils had to be acquired through processing.
    - One event area still full of mysterious seedlings. ;)
    - The market is busy and cash-strapped.
    - Stocks full of necessary animals and fruit.

Seems like a nice and relaxed event. :)

13. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

I hadn't noticed that you need trees for the drops so I've yet to start the event.

14. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I put in long crops, but the whole thing is a big "meh" for me...so it's going to be one of these "wait and see" things and I'll do what I can...but honestly, MEH.

15. memmu55

memmu55 Forum Apprentice

Almost every mystery tree that i had about 130 became an anvil

16. Soriah.Uys

Soriah.Uys Forum Greenhorn

I will also not do the event. Thank you

17. lottidah

lottidah Forum Great Master

I don't think I'm doing this event. The trees did it for me. I don't feel like planting all those trees. :(

AniE, joanc123, Cassie101 and 5 others like this.
  18. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

Another event to give a pass to ..... as others have already posted:
    No starter seeds
    Ridiculously high requirements
    "blah" prizes

"What's that?" < cocks head to one side >
    Oh!!! My farm crops & animals are calling to me ~ guess I better go tend them.
    !

Good luck to those farmers who are participating!

habalala, sanddollar15, Sue46 and 3 others like this.
  19. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

I wasn't sure if I was going to do the event. I'm not interested in finishing but I would like the wonder stables as I am missing quite a lot.
    I had both fields set up with approx 80-90 trees each. Not all were ready to harvest at the start of the event, but I did get enough anvil drops to mill those first 5 seeds straight away. By the time that harvest was ready I was 1 short for the next 5 seeds for the other crop, so I did 5 breedings to get 1 anvil. Then I went to bed. I've done 1 crop harvest this morning, and just finished the rest of the tree harvest and have 59 anvils towards the 400 for part 2. Both crops are growing and the trees seem to be doing alright for now. I'll just take it as far as it goes. I was however, miffed that I had to level everything because I only had 3 sheep in the barn haha. Thank goodness for a stall+1 bonus.

20. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

I started the event yesterday. In the beginning everything was very good. I activated the +1 harvest bonus. However, there was a problem with my internet connection at 7pm. 1 hour ago everything was back to normal. But my wish to finish the event is gone :))

habalala, Cassie101 and ctindaldavies like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.