Open Garage Day

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by *WisdomTree*, Aug 24, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

Starts: Wednesday, 25th of August at 14:00 CEST (UTC+2)
    Ends: Tuesday, 31st of August at 22:00 CEST (UTC+2)

FAQ

A event playfield event.
    The event playfield consists of 128 1x1 plots. Only water and manure can be used on the event playfield.

Please be careful not to give up all the seeds of the gear plant. If the stock should still be below 5, it will be increased to 5 approximately every 5 hours.
    To get the wrench bamboo, you would have to exchange the gear plant for the wrench bamboo in the shop.

Event Crops:

Gear Plants Time: 6 hours
    plantable on the event playfield only!

Wrench Bamboo Time: 8 hours
    plantable on the event playfield only!

A few wonder trees and stables and 4 piccolo boxes to earn.
    No cloud row.

Going to 4 piccolos.

Needed:

To buy 5 x wrench bamboo from the event shop = 80 x gear plants

Left side Garage up to level 4
    800 x Gear Plants

Right side Garage up to level 4
    340 x Wrench Bamboo

800 x Gear Plants = 100 star coins
    1000 x Wrench Bamboo = 200 star coins

Need for 4 piccolos
    1680 x Gear Plants
    1340 x Wrench Bamboo

:)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  2. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Thanks! Let's go maximum speed

Gear Plants
    6 hours = 360 min -/- water 20% 72 min (288 min) -/- manure 10% 28.8 min = 259.2 min = 4:19.2 hrs

Wrench Bamboo
    8 hours = 480 min -/- water 20% 96 min (384 min) -/- manure 10% 38.4 min = 345.6 min = 5:45.6 hrs

Also, we need an additional 80 Gear Plants to buy 5 Wrench Bamboo for starter seeds (multiply this up to 10 times if you desire. Thanks Mindy1701!)

Enjoy & keep smiling :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  3. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for the calculation and for starting this thread, *WisdomTree* . 4 PBs. That's what I am going for too.
    You will love this event imalattanhalka. 4 Piccolo Boxes.

4. mindy1701

mindy1701 Count Count

5. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thank you, *WisdomTree* for doing the maths. ;)
    I will do what I can but it seems quite a lot of stuff needed without the aid of buffs. :wuerg:

At least, we are using the event field (so we can carry on farming as we wish - probably gooseberries for most of of us!), no drops (no stressing over the drop rat) and no milling (we can continue milling all the new critters' feed). :music:
    Good luck all! :)

6. *WisdomTree*

*WisdomTree* Exceptional Talent

Indeed 250 star coins are required for 2 piccolos in the event shop.

So, for 4 piccolo:
    1280 x Gear Plants
    1340 x Wrench Bamboo

But a few more things in the shop to buy with star coins.

And everybody knows, to save water and manure, will put 2x2s and 2x1s on the field as possible.

nwTrout1, Sue46, Mooboy and 5 others like this.
  7. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

There is zero bonus in using 1x1 field plots so following wisdomtree's advice will fill the event field with 2x2s, 2x1's and fill in any remaining tiny holes with 1x1s. That said, my advice is this: IN THE BEGINNING when you just have a few seeds, do NOT use the seeder to plant them. Trust me on this - it will find the 1x1's and plop those seeds there. I don't know why or how, I just know it will. So I manually plant the initial seeds to get them on 2x2 plots.

And I'm all in and all for the piccolo boxes.

8. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

BP, who read that I didn't like it because I wasn't given a Piccolo box as a gift at the last event, organized an event that gave 4 Piccolo boxes as a gift to win my heart.xDxDxD

I love Piccolo boxes. But lately, "Whack a worm" is constantly coming out of the box. This is very discouraging.:(-.-

Despite everything, of course, I'm in this event.:p 8) In my opinion, 2x2 and 2x1 are definitely the right decision.

9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thanks WisdomTree for starting the thread, and thanks to everyone who has added all the helpful information! I also
    :inlove::inlove: piccolo boxes, so I will be doing the event to see what wonderous surprizes await us!;):p Good luck everyone!

10. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Just fyi, the seeder plants whatever plots were placed first. So if you use the machinery (or by hand) place your 2x2 first, then your 1x2, and lastly 1x1, you are safe :)

11. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

I can't make good things in piccolo boxes, so I don't like it much.
    I would like a vine row that shortens the time of activity plants or gives +1 activity plant. but there has never been such an award. wish it was.

12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

c.ciftci - by "activity plant" I think you mean event plant. And you're right - the only thing that shortens the time on event plants is super grow (which I call "green goo"). There is a RARE bonus which gives a +1 on event plants. Hard to come by. Generally, they appear in the most expensive event baskets - and not very often. Nowadays I notice that BP has them take effect immediately upon purchase, but they used to be a buff that we could activate at a time of our choosing. I think sewinglady's farm still has one in her inventory. Saving it for some special event...

So other things that increase event plant output include the 200% farm bonus, the 100% plant bonus and the bonuses you can purchase that take effect immediately - the +3, often this offer coincides with an event and the +3 on trees and crops run for 24 hours. Also, the Jack O' Gifts giver (20 charges of +2 on crops for 10 hours, don't waste them). And of course, the wheel bonuses.

That all said, NONE of those work on the event field where we are playing this particular event. These types of events I like to think of as "level playing field" - doesn't matter if you're a poor farmer or a wealthy one, you cannot increase the crop yield. The only thing a wealthy farmer can do is purchase the baskets to get additional crops and 'fruity pancakes'. And in these events, they are not necessary. Just plant and harvest, repeat ad nauseum.

PS - the thing I like the best from Piccolo boxes are those Jack O' Gifts...crossing fingers.

Edited to add: While we have an event that only uses the event field, take advantage of this time and have "theme days" with your regular plantings. Today is flower day on this farm - so paradise garland plus a couple CRs give extra harvest. On sewinglady's farm, it's grains day - chocolate croissant... yum yum, now's the time to take advantage as we don't need CAC for the event crop.

13. habalala

After some suffle I managed to place 28 * 2x2 and 2 * 1x2 and 12 * 1x1 so 42 water and 42 manure per round needed.

14. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

Yeah dumbunny,
    It would be nice if it was available to all farmers and applies to all event crops in general.
    Especially farmers like me who don't buy baskets will be very happy.:D:p

15. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Whilst it may seem to be this way and we feel it is just bad luck, this is not the case.
    The game is programmed to fill the spaces that have been on the field the longest. A mistake I made was to harvest a field of 1x1s, manually delete 40 and load in ten 2x2s. (either manually or with machinery- it doesn't affect the outcome). Then if I used the planter, of course it would fill the 1x1s because they have been there longer than the 2x2s.
    So if you use machinery to fill the field with 2x2s and then 1x2s and then 1x1s, then this is the order that they will be filled.:)

16. Nuubi-Joonas2210

Nuubi-Joonas2210 Board Analyst

Some suffle... I try many variations and 27 is my maximum, so in what corner You beging to plase 2x2 ´s ?
    I try every 4 corners and every time 27 big ones...

17. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

I was able to make 27 2x2, 4 1x2, 12 1x1 areas.

Mooboy and habalala like this.
  18. habalala

I started with placing a single 2x2 in the far right corner and working to the left side next rows contain 3*, 4*, 5*, 6*, 5*, 3* 2x2 from top to bottom and will leave you space for another 2x2 on the left side corner. Two 2x1 are placed at the middle bottom and middle top, leftovers are 12* 1x1

19. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Do 4 of 2x2 bottom right, then fill from the right - four rows then offset gives 28 big ones...

20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

When you let the machinery place the squares, it does it from the top down. But, if you manually place the 2x2 squares from the bottom up, you can generally squeak in at least one more than the machinery can fit. I find this to be the case on ALL the plantable fields.

I am noticing a lot of glitches today in the Unity Client. Plants that look ready to harvest but are not, plants that are ready to harvest but look as though they are just planted. Wondering what's causing this...the event field or Renzo or something else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.