Opening a Trade

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by PeepsPlace, Jan 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

ID#56115400

I'm trying to open a trade and I received an offer to open the Confectionery for $1.99, which I accepted and paid. I have finished all but the last requirement - which rewards what I've already paid for.
    However, it is NOT opening.

Why?? And what did I pay real money for??

2. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello PeepsPlace :)

You must complete the last level of the Farmer's Society Quest to complete the building and fully open the trade.

The Artisan's Village allows you to open the 2nd trade with either purchase or won at Renzo's Fair. The trade does not automatically open because you purchased it. You have to complete the quest. Real money allows you to open a trade faster than waiting for 1250 chips at Renzo's.

If you have completed the quest, please refresh your browser to see the Confectionery open.

May I assist you further?

3. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

Why do I have to complete the last step when the prize it gives is what I paid $1.99 for???? Is there any reason I need 2 of them??

4. Farmers.Almanac

The first trade you select is free but you have to finish the quest to finish the building so the trade is open for business. Until you complete the quest, you will see construction being done in the Artisan's Village.

The 2nd trade may either be selected by purchase or Renzo's Fair chips. Your purchase grants you access to the FSQ that must be completed to fully open the trade.

All the trades work like that. You must complete the quest to unlock the recipes that are available to you on each level.

5. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

I still do not understand why they are offering the certification seal for $1.99 if you can get it when you do the last of the quest!....and you HAVE to do the last Quest!

That seems very unfair, and should not be offered at all if you have to get it again.

Please help me understand this.
    I get the rest...and thank you for your answers.

6. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Because the $1.99 doesn't buy you an open confectionary, it buys you access to the quest which opens the confectionary. You wouldn't have that quest if you didn't either pay $1.99 or use Renzo chips. You can't open the confectionary without paying the $1.99, but the $1.99 doesn't give you instant access - it gives you access to the quest that allows you to use the confectionary.

It's like buying flatpack furniture. You don't pay $50 for a desk, you pay $50 for the pieces of the desk, but you still need to put them together yourself.

7. Farmers.Almanac

The only way to open a 2nd trade is to either purchase it or get it for free by playing at Renzo's Fair.

If you elect to do neither of those options, you will only have 1 trade open (Confectionery, Bakery or Florist). The purchase grants you the ability to begin construction of your trade building.

[​IMG]

But you have to complete the quest in order to be officially Open for Business and able to craft products.

[​IMG]

You can see the final step reward is Access.
    [​IMG]

8. PeepsPlace

PeepsPlace Junior Expert

Sorry to take so long to answer. There is so much else that needs RL$$ that tools will not be one of them. That means it will take forever to accumulate enough tools to open even the first one. Something so necessary to the game as tools should not be asked for to open Trades....especially after charging RM$. Imho.:(

NFQ - unless there is more advice/suggestions that I am unaware of to 'get this done'.
    Thank you for your time and efforts.

9. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

On behalf of everyone who helped - you are most welcome! There is nothing we can advise you I'm afraid :( You can discuss strategies and tips for collecting the needed tools with your fellow farmers. It will take a while, but it won't take forever! You'll get there :D There's a lot going on around the farm to keep you busy while doing so!

I hope you will continue to enjoy the game and I wish you good luck with gathering everything you need !

Best regards,
    teddy.bear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.