Feedback Pastry from the Void II

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Oct 20, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

twooutofthreeoct2020news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Pastry from the Void" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. anki74

anki74 Someday Author

Is there FBarberries in this competition or is FBarberries a bug (in FAQ I mean)? Barberries are in the game 1h 40mins crop but what is Fbarberries?

(I´m Finnish, and my google don´t tell me nothing about Fbarberries but Barberries is "karhunvatukka" in finnish and it is a crop in Farmerama)

Cassie101 likes this.
  3. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

It is the plant of event.

Barberry
    [​IMG]
    Time: 5 hours
    Gives (2x2): 200 EP
    plantable on the Fullmoon Field and Mushroom Forest only!

Cassie101 likes this.
  4. 456farmer123

456farmer123 Padavan

the drop (flacon) is so terrible! A whole field of chrysanthemum (22:30 hr) crops only yields 5 flacons?
    Something's not right!!!

Cassie101 likes this.
  5. EssaB

EssaB Junior Expert

You get flacons from trees, not crops. Crops give you vials.

456farmer123 likes this.
  6. IpsiDei

IpsiDei Forum Connoisseur

You also get flacons from breeding.

7. 456farmer123

456farmer123 Padavan

thanks! I read it as crops. Ok, will start planting lots of trees then

Cassie101 likes this.
  8. EssaB

EssaB Junior Expert

I'm personally not a big fan of events with multiple drops that depend on different items. It's too easy to mess up. I'm hoping there will be a baby boom at some point, otherwise it's a waste of PF to breed just to get drops. If all else fails, you can always go to the SOS thread and ask people to gift you the flacons.

sanddollar15 and Cassie101 like this.
  9. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Not enjoying all the hidden little traps in this event. Especially the trap of having 2 hard to get baha items in there that obviously you cannot buy in the market if you have not unlocked them. And then the medusa fruit on the same layer as said hard to get baha item.
    Thank you for moving that off layer 2, but still having them on the same layer is harder than hard.
    So far I have spent 60 million CC trying to buy my way through FS quests to get enough Golden Bananas to open false bird of paradise. And when I was just 40 GB away I discovered I had to open Moringa trees. I must have been receiving them from fruit crates because I had 52 in my barn giving me the false impression I had that section covered. So back to 80 GB still required. I have gone as far as I can now.
    Thank you again for moving that horrible layer behind the cloud row layer, however I cannot help but feel that when the requirement list was planned there was at least 1 person laughing maniacally.
    Whilst only having 1.25 fields available to grow event crops I think that part is obtainable, just.
    PS the vial drop rate is disgusting. Even the high level players are complaining.

I wonder just how many people find this to be on the medium side of the "medium - hard" difficulty level based on others feedback. I don't mind not finishing because I run out of time, or because I planned poorly, or I dont have time to log in, but totally non obtainable items do leave a bad taste in my mouth.

The graphics are great (but the event crops is eyestrainingly blurry on Unity) and the idea is cute and I loooooove Halloween events (it must have something to do with the face we don't fully embrace Halloween here in Australia) so it is disappointing to have it be such a difficult one and have to end it part way through.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  10. adeline228

adeline228 Forum Apprentice

I just noticed I don't have the hellhound and don't have enough items to build it in Jack's shop or buy it in the market.
    I already started the construction and can't cancel it. The game seems ended for me here. :<
    After started the construction only notice I don't have the required items to be donated.
    I couldn't go back and end game for me here really make me sad in this game.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Cassie101 likes this.
  11. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I think the amount of "Drops" needed in this event is very high considering the amount of time it takes too get them!
    Flacons, from trees, takes at least 12 hours!! The only good thing is you can breed to also get those! Onto the Empty Vials, they are coming at a very low rate, no matter what crops you put on your land! So you can waste 18 hours and end up with "Less" than 24
    drops and you might need 132 to do the layer! :( Come on, who is coming up with these numbers!? It really is taking all the fun out of it! The concept is fun and the graphics are awesome as usual, BUT what you need to do to play the mini game is not good!

12. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

Once again, I have to conclude the people who design this game, do not play it, at least not without unlimited amounts of all the goodies. I have actually really enjoyed this piece of the overall game. For me, one field of trees, two of crops, worked really well, and I got all the drops I have needed, given that I have been growing the event crop without any harvest bonuses or speeding it up at all. With this way of playing, my crops and my drops are exactly matched. I have really enjoyed growing the event crop on MM fields, and being able to do as I please, in fact encouraged to grow long crops everywhere else, in order to get drops. BUT I have all my fields open, and have high level long crops so harvesting twice a day has worked out. I understand that not every event is geared toward players of all levels - but ones that are based around a holiday really should be. Some of the requirements here are just out of reach of many players. MM items that are not easily obtainable, high level Baha crops, and quite frankly, the sheer volume of event crops required, makes it beyond the reach of SO many people who would really love to be committed to this game but are losing their interest because they are blocked at every turn. I play a few other games, and they all have periodic events, and if I can't complete the events because I'm not advanced enough, it does not detract from my gameplay. Here, however, the events pretty much ARE the game, and it's frustrating to many, many people. So while I personally give this piece of this interminable overarching event a thumbs up, as someone who wants to see this game continue for another ten years, I have to say, please rethink the overall trend of what's going on here. Happy players spend money, not frustrated ones!!!

13. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I have participated in this event as I am happy to use my MM fields and carry on normal farming on other fields, using two fields for long term crops to help with ongoing FSQs. :)

I could have done a lot more event crops but even at the halfway stage I thought that the drops were going to be miserably short. I did change two fields to trees overnight once and also some breeding to increase my Flacons. But I would only have got more Empty Vials if I cleared my Glade and that is just not worth it for the prizes awarded. As it is, I will probably finish Layer 10 and maybe Layer 11 (or part of it). -.-

This event would have been possible for many people if the drop rate was better but as it was very disappointing, the difficulty rating should not have been Medium to Hard, it should have been Very Hard to nigh-on Impossible (unless you shell out tons of real money of course). :wuerg:
    Again I ask, why do we no longer get drops from animal pens and workshops? :oops:

Cassie101 and sanddollar15 like this.
  14. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Even though we had use of other 3 farms for drops, the drops were not enough to do the event without stress. This could have been avoided. Since drops were only from trees and crops, most of the time the 3 mainland farms were idle and useless as we had to have trees and long term crops for drops. All through out the event we could not use the 3 farms to stock up our barns. Drops could have been from MM field itself. Or if main fields were meant for it, rate of it could have been increased so that we should not have been made to stick on to long term crops and trees through out the event.

farmerumf and Cassie101 like this.
  15. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.