People are not neighbors

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by LadyViki, Dec 31, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyViki

LadyViki Someday Author

Hi i have a big problem and you guys should do something about it.It happened more then once to me people that give gifts which they are not neighbors and on top of that i do not know how they do it. This person that is not my neighbor and this person is not in my list of friends which means we were never neighbors. Also I went to the post office and that person is not in my list of add neighbors. >:(

2. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello LadyViki :)

As explained here, you can receive gifts from players who are not and never have been neighbors.

For further explanation about how it all works:

Neighbours FAQ
    Gifts FAQ
    Post Office FAQ

If you would like to send a gift in return, you can add them to your list of friends in the Post Office.

May I assist you further?

3. LadyViki

LadyViki Someday Author

I never had them as a neighbor ! I checked in the post office and I think that you guys should do something about it because people like me they do not give gifts what we want , they only assume that's what we want. We do not even have the option to block them from giving us the gifts and that is not fair.:mad:

4. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

I am sorry that you are upset by the generous nature of other players :( People often add non-neighbours to their Buddy List to send gifts during Gift & Trade Events and special Gift-Giving events. You do not have to send them a gift back. If you do not want to be gifted, you can message the players that have sent you gifts and ask that they do not send you any gifts in the future.

You are welcome to leave your suggestion in the Feedback threads.

Can I assist with anything further?

5. hans_lotte

hans_lotte Someday Author

you could easily find the friend's list in the post office
    there you'll find 4 options
    • send gift
    • rate farm
    • write message
    • remove friend
    how did they get there
    these my friends came to this list by several different ways

one of these by sos.ing the need of drops
    which was possible by simply sending an owl one time ... the letter contains the befriending option

others are ex.neighbours

and your actual neighbours came there too

well i'm asking me right now: removing an actual neighbour from the friends list would that remove him from my neighbourhood, too?

of course you can block anyone you like to block

but blocking works in a different way

6. Farmers.Almanac

hans_lotte - if you have a question, kindly start your own thread instead of hijacking another player's post.

May I assist OP any further?

ctindaldavies likes this.
  7. hans_lotte

hans_lotte Someday Author

exuse me o_O

was i hijacking this post or did i assist this miss viki?
    i'd say you just read my last question and nothing else but my last question ...
    thank you

but wouldn't it be possible or do you have the capacity just to overwrite the thread's predefinition that only the threadstarter and the administration would/could talk with each other
    i've seen this kind of intervention a several times now, didn't i?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  8. Farmers.Almanac

Yes, you provided information to the OP. However, it is not related to what her question is as she wishes for other players that are not in her neighbor or friend list to stop gifting her. I did read your entire post and recommended that you start your own thread with your own question as your question is your own and a completely different topic from the initial post.

It is perfectly fine for a player to post helpful and accurate information to another player's question, but when you change the topic by asking your own question, it becomes necessary to request you start your own thread.

If either player has further questions or needs further assistance please create a new thread. For now, this thread will be closed to prevent further debate and derailment.

LadyViki and ctindaldavies like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.