Feedback Pool Shark Stories

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jul 21, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

eventpfjul2020_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Pool Shark Stories" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

Yet another event that wants to make a game into a job and make us pay for the privilege. Too many things needed. Too many limitations on how we can earn them. We are expected to pay rm to get things. High costs for so little reward. It appears to me that we tell you what we want and then you do the exact opposite.

howk01, lilahvale, Erridge and 6 others like this.
  3. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

I am so confused by this event. I'm kind of just randomly growing crops cause I don't have to take up any space on my farm so why not. But I don't have any clue what's going on.

howk01, AniE, Erridge and 6 others like this.
  4. 1msech2006

1msech2006 Forum Inhabitant

Drop rate is extremely poor......at this rate it will take me over four days to get the amount needed for the first step. I have 20 swim caps in the first 24 hours. Crop growing time is to long...I have only about 70 crop in the first 24 hours. This could be an enjoyable event if it wasn't so confusing and the drops and crops were a bit easier to obtain. I like the idea of not having to change screens to make deposits of needed crops/swim caps and I would enjoy fishing if I am able to get a lure. I am playing this event because it is on the special event field and so I do not need to tear up my farm. But I do not believe I will get many rewards from the event.

howk01, lilahvale, Erridge and 6 others like this.
  5. elimeno

elimeno Forum Overlooker

Agree with my fellow players. Where is the enjoyment? If I want stress I would just go to work!!! Drops are poor, crops-pool noodle is ridiculously low, need to grow high drop counts-which take forever, confusing requirements...This is another event that wont be completed and no cloud row earned.
    I am beginning to really lose interest in the entire game.

howk01, TERRIE, Noelle20001 and 3 others like this.
  6. .FarmerArchie.

.FarmerArchie. Active Author

Having opened all three pools by doing lots of breeding I planted my main field with my very best EP output trees and nothing else. after harvesting said field I received 18 star coins. The drop rate is just awful, I had hoped it would be better than I was getting by sowing flax yesterday. So there the prizes are and totally unobtainable. in two days of playing, one sowing flax and the second day all my highest EP trees, I have earnt the grand total of 44 coins. Each of the five prizes is 250 coins, claimable five times each. I have four magic trees so 12 coins were given by these from the 44 in hand. It just doesnt add up. The difficulty should be changed to “impossible” with regard to obtaining and redeeming coins for prizes. Disappointed :-(

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  7. Banjoman

Banjoman Forum Ambassador

The Drop Rate for Star Coins is Abysmal... or in common English, It Sucks

123Ghost, howk01, Mooboy and 11 others like this.
  8. BoHoKaren

BoHoKaren Commander of the Forum

Agree will all others. Those star coin drops are atrocious, have had main field covered in trees the whole time and 3 magic trees and still only earned enough to purchase one mystery pen!
    Algorithm was way out this time..

sanddollar15, howk01, AniE and 6 others like this.
  9. 1msech2006

I do not like the idea of having to use one hard earned star coin for ONE pool noodle seed. That is absolutely ridiculous. I wish the developers would consider bringing back the dispensers where we can get more event seeds, like the ones we had during the first time we ever played an event on our brand new special event field. Remember The big pea dispensers? We needed to earn the Big pea dispensers which gave us 5 more event seeds (do not remember how often the seeds were given). After the event I now get 4075 ccs every day from each one of them.. I still have my six Big pea dispensers from that event and have never removed them from their home on my Park play field. Six times 4075 cc/day is a great thing to have IMO. I hope the developers will take this idea into consideration if others agree.

Mooboy, elimeno, Sue46 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

The event itself is fine, and easy enough to get through. The FAQ however, could have been worded more clearly to reflect "breeding animals" give a good chance of a cap. I actually thought at first it was a typo.
    I do have to agree with everyone else about the drop rate for the star coins. Although my main field is not smothered with trees, probably only a third, I have a *drumroll* 37 star coins. Terrible when the minimum spend for a reward is 150, and desirable reward is 250.

elimeno, Cassie101, BoHoKaren and 4 others like this.
  11. RowSie

RowSie Regular

I'm pretty sure I said this the last time the fishing event was around, but here we go. I love the fishing game but not being able to do anything to get lure is frustrating. Let me correct that, anything BUT BUY THEM. The process to win lures is way too slow, as it is to fill up the pools with the crops. While it is cute and pretty (Shark stories), I have no interest in any part of it other than getting lures to go fishing. But again, can't do that in a pace that is fun.

12. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I agree with what been said by others The Drop rate of star Coins one of the poorest I have seen in this game so far, even though I managed to get 355 Star Coins only enough one our purchase in Pool Shop

The wonder Stables and trees should be replaced by lure. bundles in Pool Shop with lessor amount of star coins

We all appreciate to get many lures as we can but it is too slow and dull nothing more to motivate me to enjoy this event better I have finished this 3 days early on event crops

As for fruity pancakes there was no need for them at all I am not impressed with this event fingers crossed the other three theme events fair up better

13. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I love the graphics although watering and manuring something in a swimming pool seems a bit odd!
    The box of lures should have had more than one lure in it, the clue being in the plural 'lures'.
    As there are four events all linked I would have hoped to have all the information at the start, not have to wait for the FAQ for each event.
    The whole thing is slow and tedious.

14. AuntMoe

AuntMoe Junior Expert

I wanna know how a farmer could get all the star coins necessary to be able to get ALL the goodies in the shop. I do not believe that it is possible without spending a whole lotta cash. This has been a most disappointing event. Once AGAIN you have taken a beloved event and skewed it to unbelievably boring heights. It was nice to get some normal farming done as our time to do this becomes more limited all the time but where is the fishin' love?

15. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

I can understand why so many players are frustrated with this event but I find myself disagreeing with them nonetheless.

We got 3 "Dragée" wonder trees, 3 "Capri" wonder trees, 2 "Spolia" Baha wonder stables, 2 "Dome" Baha wonder stables - some of the newest wonder trees/stables available at the moment - for what was a very low effort event that didn't take up any space on our fields and could easily be completed by the newer and more casual players. Not bad, IMHO.

Then there are extras available in the event shop for those of us who find the main part of the event boring and want an additional challenge. Yes, the prizes are very expensive given the unusually poor drop rate, and are virtually unattainable for many, but they're not essential to completing the event.

I think it's nice to have a reason every now and then to use up some of the resources I've built up over time in a way that doesn't put others who don't have the same resources at a major disadvantage. I believe this is the main reason why the prizes in the shop are so expensive and the drop rate is so poor - to drain some of the excess STM from more established farms in a way that doesn't disproportionately impact newer farms. I'm perfectly okay with that, especially since we get to keep all the tree fruit from the trees we put out on our main field.

And I like how the prizes offered in the event shop aren't exactly "must have" because it gives me the freedom to not participate in that part of the event if I don't feel like it. As much as I love the occasional hard event like The Great Chase or Snake Eyes and the more attractive rewards they offer, they can be rather stressful (especially when real life decides to interfere) and make some players feel like they have no choice but to participate due to fear of missing out on something that may be needed later on.

I appreciated having an event that gave me the flexibility to make it as easy or as difficult as I wanted it to be, so I enjoyed this one.

ctindaldavies likes this.
  16. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

We did get some great prizes from this event. I personally got very lucky. And I have been very vocal about my wish to use the event field more, so I appreciate that. I don't like when these types of events are tied to another event, as this one is to the fishing. I also don't like it being tied to another part of the farm, although for me, with my long trees and TM, I've had fantastic drop results with not particularly diligent attention. So I guess as a "different all around" event this one was good. The pools are cute, if a little hard to see the boundaries. As said above, the chance to get some normal farming done and still participate in an event was appreciated.

17. 1msech2006

What a waste of time! I never got enough star coins to get even one prize.

18. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

A very boring event. The actual event field part of the event was quickly completed. The star coin drop rate was too low to be interesting. I did manage to buy one wonder stable.

19. LillyMae2016

LillyMae2016 Someday Author

I ended up with about 143 star coins....did not receive any rewards for them. Event was frustrating so far. Poor event IMO.

20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

The star coins were a bad idea. Items priced too high considering the abysmal drop rate. Either don't bother or make it where players at least feel like a prize is attainable and worth the effort of doing the event.

There were some technical glitches with the display from the event field - the pool sometimes still showed a plus sign after the additional areas were opened and the squares around the crops were sometimes super-imposed on each other (a 1x1 inside a 2x2 kind of thing).

I did think the pool idea and the crops were cute...and had a giggle every time I used manure on the pool crops (apparently that was just me, though).

Also, even if a player couldn't finish the event, the prizes even at the first couple donations were worth the effort of going as far as you could. So that was nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.