Producer's Newsletter: October 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by teddy.bear, Oct 16, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

Here is the Producer's newsletter for October 2014. We hope you will enjoy it!​

format_quote.png

Hey Farmerama Players!

It’s time for another update from your Farmerama team! September flew by and boy was it an exciting month for us. We’ve been working hard on our event releases and continue to develop coral reef. Before I get around to this month’s updates and coral reef details, I’d like to give you an update on some recent events.

Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve had numerous issues which prevented you all from logging into the game. We’re sincerely sorry for these issues and understand just how frustrating it can be. Our moderators have been helping us identify these issues and they do an amazing job at communicating your frustrations and concerns to us. I’m proud of our community managers and tech producer who’ve been working overtime to react to these login issues as quickly as humanly possible. We’re working hard on a solution to these attacks and assure you that this is our priority for the moment. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Coral Reef
    As I mentioned in my previous newsletter, we’ve been working on a new feature called the Coral Reef. I’m happy to announce that we’re nearing development completion of the feature and I will definitely have a fixed release date for you in next month’s newsletter. I’ve asked the team to devote additional time into polishing and bug fixing. This is a major update to the game and we’re doing everything in our capacity to make sure we give you all a quality experience. We’ll be facilitating some playtests internally in the company and later with our moderators so we can gather and implement as much feedback as we can. I want to be honest with you and set right expectations. We are currently planning a slow rollout of the release so we can monitor the game and make sure we are bug free. I’d like the team to monitor the game closely before we roll it out to all of you. This might mean that the feature is available only in 1 specific country during the first week. I know you are all eagerly waiting for this release and the slow roll out is planned purely due to quality reasons. It will be available to all of you soon after. I hope you all understand our strategy behind this.

Event Releases
    I mentioned in my previous newsletter that one of my goals was to stabilize our weekly event releases. I will acknowledge that our releases have had some issues in the recent past. The Farmerama team takes these issues seriously and we’ve been quick to react to these bugs. I hope that it will continue to improve over the next few weeks. We’ve also been experimenting with our event baskets which I’m sure you’ve already noticed. We continue to work on improving our balancing work flow. We recently established a system where our board admins are more involved and we ask for their feedback before we release events. I hope you all know just how hard these guys work and I consider myself really lucky to have such an amazing team of moderators and community managers.

Renzo
    Ah... Renzo! You’ve been asking for it and we’ve been listening. I hope you all appreciated our trial run this week. We gathered some data and plan to launch it for a longer duration in the near future. I’d really like to not commit to a date at this point of time. As you’ve probably noticed, I only promise when I can deliver on my promises. But I hope to give you all good news soon! But yes, we are working on it :)

Halloween Content
    During the past month, the team has been working hard on some Halloween themed content. We’ve planned a bunch of Halloween themed events and sales which we hope you guys will enjoy. Here’s a sneak peek for you all:​

FA_HalloweenLayerEvent.png

Before I end this newsletter, I wanted to let you all know that we appreciate your feedback and co-operation. As a “thank you”, the Farmerama team would like you all to have a 24hr harvest helper coupon as well as for 24 hours all harvest helpers! You can claim this through the following bonus code.

This Bonuscode is also a compensation of the login problems during the last time:

BonusCode: HAPPYAUTMN14
    Start: 16th of October
    End: 22nd October, at 23:59 CEST

Content:
    24h all helpers (starts immediately)
    24h Helper coupon
    That’s it for this month’s newsletter. Next month, you’ll hear more about coral reef, storage quarters and some elder player content! :D Stay tuned!
    Varun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.