Searching For A Fish Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by farmer_broke, Oct 8, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

Please share your strategy regarding fish in this game.

The leader of the fish school on the broke farm is named Sanddollar-the-Fish

I will gladly share what I have regarding fish with you. My strategy has remained constant yet I am not completely satisfied with it. Hopefully there is something you say which will assist me.

Thank you in advance.

2. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

This topic caught my attention. I'm following.
    I have a few questions, I'll be glad if you answer.
    - Why fish strategy? (Especially why fish)
    - And what is your "constant" strategy?
    Let's learn something by taking advantage of the opportunity :)

Edit:
    My classic strategy is to buy between 5,000 and 8,000 CC and store it.
    When my warehouse quantity exceeds 10,000 and the price is over 8,000 CC, I sell and wait again.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  3. escalonilla

escalonilla Forum Commissioner

By fish you mean the animal, or the group?

In our market fish is usually very cheap compared to other animals.
    I have around 15000 that I've been buying little by little
    I also have 15 fish neon ponds but I rarely use them.

Can't wait to see what you have in mind

how's esca-the-elephant doing?

4. farmer_broke

Hello! Glad to catch your attention. Your information helps me.
    Game developers have earned my respect. Very little if anything appears to be done by the developers without a purpose in mind.
    Developers have deflated the price of fish! Remember all those crates of fish given away daily with cloud rows? And fish feed is given away too! And even breeding fish. Why I ask myself only because I can. Why and how do I react?

I watch and play:
    fish
    fish feed
    fish breeding animals
    oranges (used in fish feed)
    cornflowers (used in fish feed)
    koi (fish used to produce them and koi are given away too)
    spinich pie (rarely buy but 5 koi are used to produce)
    winter jam (the orange is used to produce and takes 10 of them)
    oranges used in mango orange smoothie and vanilla sunrise and happiness serun
    cornflowers are used in floral arrangements which is an unsaleable base craft item
    yet the floral arrangement is used in wedding arrangements, white innocence (given away too) and autumn arrangements
    the autumn arrangement takes 100 more cornflowers
    cornflowers are used in another base craft item the flower wreath
    and the flower wreath (which again is unsaleable is used in:
    -royal wreath
    -spring wreath
    -winter wreath
    -tentacle wreath
    -tropical garland
    -paradise garland
    -blossom crown
    and 2 cornflowers are used in ostrich feed (and on and on with the ostrich itself) --- may as well play the ostrich too and I do
    koi quest, breeding fish quest............

It is already changing as others reply (and I will disclose it when I am clear)

seeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...... here is escal collecting fish:

and rarely producing them. ............... buuuuuuuuut we probably will

I cannot even remember the last time this farm produced a fish

esca-the-elephant remains at the top of the baha barn here with 107,219 friends
    (just holding and very rarely buy now.) Developers seem to be playing with the monkey
    I do manage to pick up elephant feed once in a while
    holding though ..... no sale right now

5. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

I too am searching. But not for fish. I'm searching for a reason to keep playing this game.

My problems with BigFish have returned and likely will not be resolved this time. Something serious must be going on in Seattle (headquarters for that company) because cannot get those people to reply to a support ticket at all.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread, Farmer_Broke. I have learned much from you...watching baha animal feed prices on markets 9 and 13. The prices on 13 are wacky high on a couple feeds right now. I made a killing on Mantis feed the other day and I see that crab feed is crazy high right now...might be listing some of that very soon...I remember the days when you couldn't give crab feed away!

6. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

This is very interesting. I've been watching fish in my market since Broke put the post up. The first 2 pages are 10-12K but its very low numbers, 1 fish, 5 fish. I've not been paying enough attention to see if it gets lower. Have some strange players on my market. They will sell 10 x 5 manure in the height of an event where people are screaming for it o_O But I also need to get a time when I can check it all out when Europe, and then the US, wakes up as opposed to the Asia/Australia time line. Harder to do most days though.

Sorry you are still having problems with BFG dumbunny. Keep googling for how to get your Farmerama ID details. Hopefully someone will work it out and post it. I've seen reddit posts for some of their other games, giving players a way out.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    farmer_broke and farmlily3 like this.
  7. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Right now there are only 17 offers for fish which amounts to 100 fishes for sale in my market.
    I have only 2726 fishes in my barn.

So my statergy for fish or for any animal is if you foresee any requirement for them stock them up. Or if you can snatch a good deal from market, get it. And grow them if you can. I am a very simple farmer who cannnot spend much time marketing. I could not even sell the 5000 anacondas I had because I couldn't login at the correct peak time.

Also there is the topic of plecko fish and boxfish. They sell around 100000 CCs.

8. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Did a little research this morning...seems that BFG may be having some financial troubles. Heavy sigh. Likely related to the COVID.

Anyway, back to fish... I keep neon fish ponds out on both this farm and SL's all the time. SL's also makes koi, so if I remember right, I have two out on that farm all the time. Because fish were the only, um, fish that we could breed for a long time, I have always thought that one can never have too many fish in the barn. So I don't sell them. I will buy them if they are a screaming hot deal. Now that we can also breed sharks, there's two that get the "fish badges" for those type of breeding events...so maybe not quite as critical, but still...

As far as Pleco Fish go - I plunked that aquarium down the day I got it and it is always out, too. Box Fish, too.

9. farmer_broke

I simply cannot imagine, even in my wildest dreams, that that so many fish are being given away!
    This farm buys fish nearly every single day.
    (Sanddollar-the-fish is #4 in the broke animal barn with 76,161 friends)
    barn value or exchange value is 312
    This farm will sell all but one....Sanddollar-the-fish!

Cheap fish feed is habitually bought each day.
    In the broke feed barn, fish feed is #5 with 75,796 .

With 14 Neon Fish
    7 Pinks
    16 orange and
    5 Yellow

Not a single one has been out in years.

With 76 Koi workshops
    and
    5,901 koi
    Not a single Koi has been out in over 2 years.

This free fish fry is not going to last in this game much longer.
    I expect there to be either a high total EV breeding event
    or
    a high call for fish.
    These alone will drain most barns and get fish feed produced and lots of fish in the fields.

I know to listen to what you are saying in developing a strategy.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    farmlily3 and dumbunny like this.
  10. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I have fish coming from all directions without me putting out any pens but I still bought a few that I thought were exceedingly cheap - just in case! xD

11. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Now that Farmer_Broke has me looking every day...I'm buying fishes. Heavy sigh. I have a feeling F_B is a right. Something's coming...

farmlily3 and farmer_broke like this.
  12. farmer_broke

Fish are now #4 in the broke animal barn.
    Sanddollar-the-fish has 76,779 friends.
    The farm will continue to buy very very slowly.
    Low offers have decreased on this market.

A closely related play is fish feed which requires 1 orange and 3 cornflowers.
    Fish feed is #5 is broke feed barn with 79,547 fish feed.
    The farm stategy is to pay no more than the current price of an orange.

ctindaldavies and farmlily3 like this.
  13. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Hope were all stocked up on fishes...gonna need 'em for the upcoming event. (I know, farmer_broke doesn't do no stinking events)...but just sayin'!

ctindaldavies and farmlily3 like this.
  14. Mooboy

Mooboy Commander of the Forum

I am one.of those not doing this event no even give back any power feeds I dislike breeding events that doesn't give meaningful and reasonable rewards

This Event giving us another Neon Fish Pen in my view it is the worse Neon Pen to have because Fish and Clown fish is so poorly valued in my market

I have completed Fish Breeding quest a while ago now I focus Breeding elsewhere no more smelly fish

ctindaldavies, dumbunny and farmlily3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.