Simultaneously Unique And Common

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by swCactus1, Nov 24, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

My dear Farmerama community,

Tomorrow, we Americans celebrate Thanksgiving which is unique to us. For some, it's a remembrance of our country's humble beginnings.

For most Americans, however, it's about the special foods we eat with family and friends & of course, the football games on the telly. We also appreciate a day off from work {well, for the most part} and the Black Friday shopping.

Although the food on the menus varies widely ....and how much of it is homemade compared to store bought, the basic overall idea is to be thankful ~ not just for what we eat, but the company we keep.

I'd like to put forth the idea that while technically Thanksgiving is an American phenomena, in truth, anyone playing Farmerama has reason to be thankful. Playing an online game means that we, as a microcosm of the global community, enjoy the following:

We can make lifelong friends around the world.
    We have the freedom to enjoy this pasttime.
    We have the infrastructure to do so.
    .... Going out on a limb here ...

We have a place to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear.

Speaking solely for myself, I'm thankful for a God who loves me, family and friends who are there for me, and that I have the good fortune to live in a country {even with its' flaws that need fixing} that is the best in the world.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,
    swCactus1

For some reason, unable to edit my post ~ it doesn't show up as an option.

Therefore ..... the Edit would say: "Feel free to share your thoughts & opinions about similar holidays you may have or simply things that you're thankful for. Let's have a conversation!" :)

Last edited by moderator: Nov 25, 2021
  2. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

A beautiful idea! I am thankful for, in no particular order: the wonderful man who shares my life, our cat, our motorcycles and the lifestyle to which that has introduced me, my family, my friends, my horses the opportunity to run my own business and the wonderful clients and friends that I have formed from that, my peaceful home, my freedom, my firearms, and the fact that I live in a country that allows me to say how I feel. Oh and I am thankful for the wonderful friendships I have formed at Farmerama in the past ten years!!!

3. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thank you swCactus1, I found your post beautiful and heartfelt and in today's world very nice! :inlove:
    I am always thankful for my wonderful friends and family! And so very thankful for my very special friends I have here on Farmerama from around the world.
    I love being able to learn about you and your different cultures, and if one of us is sad we try to cheer each other up and it is just a wonderful connection that I am very grateful for. I also live in the USA and am very grateful also to be here, even with all our problems, that I hope, we as a country, can and will work out! Take care and stay healthy everyone!;)

nwTrout1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.