Some Support Needed

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by swCactus1, Dec 17, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

hello Farming community

my world got upended 4 days ago when I had to call paramedics because I believed my husband was having or had just had a stroke at 0500 hours.

They have done so many labs, scans & what not only to determine that while hubby {Geoff} needs open heart surgery, for various reasons, he is not a good candidate for it. Their back up plan is to install up to 3 stents. Now to me, in my emotional, non*medical opinion is that's kind of like patching a tire. It doesn't fix the tire, it just gets the car down the road for a few more miles.

Thank you for all the kindness I have seen in the years I've been playing.
    swCactus1

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Willow, sanddollar15, rivak and 2 others like this.
  2. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

Dear swCactus,
    I am sorry to hear about your husband. Don't worry. Your husband will recover and be safe and healthy once again.

[​IMG]

sanddollar15 and swCactus1 like this.
  3. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

Dear swCactus,
    I am deeply sorry for what you and your husband are going through! You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I have also been having health issues with multiple surgeries. The one thing I've done differently this time is pray several times a day......so far it's working. :music:

Willow, sanddollar15 and swCactus1 like this.
  4. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

Thank you Brookeham and 12ss12 for your kind words. It means a lot to me .... it's as if I'm getting the virtual equivalent of a hug so I'm /hugging you back!

As an
    update, they wheeled Geoff to the procedure room to place the stents, only to have the cardiologist back out, stating that he felt the risk was too great & that he would need a 2nd cardiology surgeon to assist him. Geoff is so demoralized and would it be stating the obvious to say that this latest pronouncement only served to increase my fear and stress levels. More Bible reading, and yes, Brookeham, definitely more prayers!

What will tomorrow bring?

5. FrootloopGrove

FrootloopGrove Exceptional Talent

Sending healing thoughts and Prayers for your husband and you as well

swCactus1 likes this.
  6. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I am so sorry to hear your news, @swCactus1. May your husband pull through with flying colors!

swCactus1 likes this.
  7. Sweet_Cassiopeia

Sweet_Cassiopeia Forum Overlooker

Sorry to hear your husband is having these troubles. Think of the stent surgery as putting on the spare tire to get you down the road where you can get a new tire. Stents may help to get him more stable to where he can then handle the open heart surgery. Hugs to you both.

Willow, sanddollar15 and swCactus1 like this.
  8. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

Thanks FrootloopGrove, rivak, and Cassiopeia for your kind remarks.

9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

My thoughts and lots of prayers for you and you husband! I have to believe that the team of doctors are not operating till they can get your husband strong and stable enough to survive the procedure. I hope everything turns out ok for you both! Hugs to all!

Willow and swCactus1 like this.
  10. Jazac

Jazac Forum Veteran

So sorry @swCactus1 to hear this. You know I am no doctor. And for the life of me I forgot what stents for. But you say like a patch. Yes very well be. But let me say this, they can't find out what he had right? again more likely a stroke as you said. Maybe I read wrong, but he needs the stents to get a bypass right? I forgot that too..lol Any how. Look no matter reasons he needs them stents. Least if all what I said is true, by what I read. I know it feels like a patch. But you know sometime times patches do work and they do go beyond what one thinks. I am praying for you and for him to have the best care and speedy recovery.

If it was said he can get by without the stents and have way better chances of living going for the bypass... then yes I would skip the stents part.

Willow and swCactus1 like this.
  11. swCactus1

swCactus1 Padavan

thank you sanddollar15 and Jazac for your kind remarks

12. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

Was out of pocket until this evening. So sorry to hear of your situation! Prayers going up now and will continue for you and your husband; also for the doctors to have great wisdom in handling this situation. Blessings and peace to you!

sanddollar15 likes this.
  13. hopy14

hopy14 Forum Inhabitant

I am so sorry and sad to hear this news.:cry:I will definitely pray for you and your husband. May he recovery sooner than you and the doctors are thinking of. Lets all pray for his speedy recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.