Feedback Sparkly Snowman Show

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by Farmers.Almanac, Dec 18, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

[​IMG]

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Sparkly Snowman Show" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

amy46 likes this.
  2. baw815

baw815 Forum General

From the FAQs, no milling. :inlove:

I don't like the Baha aspect, especially the drops, if someone doesn't have Baha open they can't complete any portion of the event, or rely on gift drops for Baha. Shame on you BP!!! -.- >:( :cry:

swCactus1 likes this.
  3. Brookeham

Brookeham Forum Freak

That is bad that players can't participate if they don't have Baha open! :wuerg::cry:

However, I am thrilled that actual Christmas related items are needed for this event (reindeer and ornaments). I have been requesting this for years!!! Thanks BP!:D

4. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

Will the christmas tree be available for purchase with CC's? Currently BP has it for sale for 30 BB's only and the ornaments are not a sell-able item in the product market....

Why can't BP just use the "event" field for EVENTS?

5. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I know pnp responded to you about this in the strategy thread, but in case someone else only reads this thread: christmas tree ornaments can be sold/bought in the market, but they are tree fruits not products.

6. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

I have been playing for a good number of years and I have never purchased any ornaments!! Tree fruit....really??!!
    Thank you Mir and PNP for setting my brain right!
    I still don't like the fact that the tree is only available for BB's.

7. nm56

nm56 Forum Duke

Again, I don't like that I have to clear my field again. I started the last event late because I had to move items from the Magical Glade to the Green Meadow and now I will have to move them from the Green Meadow. These are buildings that contain 8 neon pens each and 8 trees that I do not want to just delete. The field also contains my other neon pens that don't fit in the buildings. A Winter's Tale III is not over yet so I will have to move them to the mainland and then again back to their original spot in the Magical Glade if I want them on the fields anymore.

If you are not going to utilize the playfield can't you pick one field for the mainland, one for baha and/or one for moonlight for all events that we don't have to do this? It;s not a real farm we don't have to rotate our crops.

I have read some of the m Posts I am noForut the only one irritated by this. It it such an easy fix too.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  8. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

Too much moving of stuff so I will not be doing this one. As others have said, keep one field on mainland and one on Baha that we know will not be used for events. Or how about using the Event Playfield for Events - the clue is in its name.

9. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I support this. I love the trend of using only one field for event crops, but no need to switch it around. It would be nice to have the magical glade for things we want to keep out all the time, same with crystal falls.

10. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I second everything said above. Love that reindeer and ornaments are involved, and since the ornaments are available in the market, have been around for years, and are low demand, so prices remain pretty low, I don't think it's a big deal that the trees are not easily available. As I have said before, I love this idea of using only one or two fields for events, but I agree with everyone - why keep switching it, and why not use the EVENT field! Since I have all the machinery, I forget how tedious it is moving stuff around by hand, even though with the "new" trend of giving us the FAQ a full day before, we usually have time to prepare for such things. I think I speak for all the long term players when I say that we are grateful that we no longer get the FAQ at the same time the event starts. That was... unpleasant. The graphics are great, and I like that each snowman requires a different set of donations, but seeing that it is Christmas, why have this event eliminate a large portion of players who are not very advanced in Baha? Normally, I have no problem with this- not all players should expect to complete every event - but this one, like the Birthday one, should be completable by everyone, regardless of duration of play.

swCactus1, kookykoala, baw815 and 4 others like this.
  11. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8)It is not only lower level players who are left out. -.-

My Green Meadow is permanently planted with trees. My Magical Glade is permanently occupied by stables and workshops.
    And I had been stocking up on Reindeer, etc.....and yet I will not be doing this event.

It cannot be said often enough: WHY DO WE HAVE AN EVENT FIELD IF WE DO NOT GET TO USE IT???!!

Isn't it obvious enough yet that this is supposed to be a FARMING game....NOT an EVENT game....which is why we are playing this game in the first place....and WHY you created an EVENT playfield?!!

PLEASE, pleeeease,
    correct the error of your ways - or re-name this game "EVENT-O-RAMA" so we know what we are playing!o_O:music:

Judging by the feedback, I feel pretty sure that most of us FARMERS would appreciate it very much.:)
    Thank you for seriously considering this.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  12. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

From 202 1x1 plots (a few trees, mainly event crop) I got 33 drops. How are we supposed to work this event if the drops just don't come?

Peanut1492 and swCactus1 like this.
  13. zerodegrees

zerodegrees Forum Overlooker

We need 10,660 sprouting snowmen to complete the event, which is about 17.5 harvests, not including the first round to build up seeds.

Assuming each harvest gives an average of 33 snow piles:
    17.5 * 33 = 577.5 snow piles just from growing the needed event crops.

Total number of snow piles needed to complete the event? 582

I don't see the problem here... The drop rate appears to be right where it needs to be.

sanddollar15, habalala and -Mir85- like this.
  14. nlm24

nlm24 Forum Pro

The Event FAQ states that the Holiday Gifts come from workshops and stables on Baharama only. I think that this could be a little misleading to some players and that it should have been referred to as the Plantation (which is what it says when you click on it). At one time all of the islands were referred to as Baharama -- now they are called Tropical Islands.

farmerumf likes this.
  15. Lea2191

Lea2191 Forum Inhabitant

I like the trend of having only one farm devoted to growing a crop. That's something I would like you to continue.
    I disagree that one farm on the Baha islands should not be used for the drops. I thought that you did cater to all but the absolute beginner in that the green meadow has to be open, and most people with the green meadow open have the basic Baha open as well. If not, it provides some motivation to open it. Also by having only the Baha open rather than 2-3 fields, it was clearly catering to the earlier players.

I am wondering if those who really feel left out of the quests at an early level are actually people with several farms. The only thing my young neighbors (with no other farms) have complained about is that the Llama feed has a tree they can't get. There are so many thing you can't do as a young farm that I suspect you just take it in stride knowing that over time you will get there.

For me having to pay attention to the drops on the Baha side have increased my enjoyment of the quest. Strategy makes the game more fun.

Obviously no one wants to loose a quest because of drops. We don't have total control of them so it is a little annoying. However, often you tell us to plant trees or stables, workshops ect. Having control of the drops adds some enjoyment. When I feel like I have no control of the drops - Well clearly no one likes that as the forum feedback clearly shows.

fun2farm, sanddollar15 and -Mir85- like this.
  16. porkchop2

porkchop2 Padavan

I have four farms and not sure any will finish as drop rates for packages is so low for me on all four farms. Glad to use other items for a change and graphics are good but this switching from field and two events running at same time makes it hard to finish.

baw815, farmerlily22 and fun2farm like this.
  17. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Thank you all for the feedback provided!

Best regards,
    teddy.bear

~ closing thread ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.