Feedback Splish Splash Hamster Fun

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Jun 30, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

breedingjul2020_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "Splish Splash Hamster Fun" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

For a first time ever breeding of a new animal, the requirements are quite absurd, more similar to a Neon event which occurs after breeding animals have been out for awhile. The prizes aren't even very good. This is clearly a shameless grab for money to make players spend on PF and other enhancements. Shame on you BP.

3. TCRooster

TCRooster Forum Demigod

Ouch - did somebody hit their head whilst setting the requirements. I usually love breeding events but this might be a step too far even for me and the prizes don't really inspire me either. On the plus sidd the hamsters are cute.
    As it turns out it was too much for too little especially with few skips - I can build my own pink hamster for less than this.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  4. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I have bred the required animals but will not donate them as the cloud row is lacking somewhat. Sorry, this is a fail for me.

007Farming, habalala, Lyddy and 2 others like this.
  5. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

How does a three hour CR buff work when Hamsters take at least three times that? -.-

Does it take effect if you set it off then feed your Hamsters? Otherwise, completely useless and nothing else besides on the CR to attract.:(
    Thanks farmerumf for making me take a good look at what I had won! 8)

Edit: If I have calculated correctly (and that is not a foregone conclusion), I think that if you active the CR and then feed Hamsters/Safes, their time will be reduced by 10%. I activated my CR and checked the time to finish on my Hamsters - they should finish by about 14h45 and just checked again (when CR will be cooling down) and this finish time is still correct. :)

I still don't find this CR very exciting but it is more useful than I originally thought - especially at the moment when most of us have a lot of Hamsters and/or Safes out. :p

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  6. RebaFC

RebaFC Junior Expert

The event is not much different from other new-breeding events, but the requirements seem higher than usual.

This event wouild be much funner if the starting prices for the bred hamsters were not crazy low (probably by more than a factor of one hundred). The low prices deter farmers from offering bred hamsters for sale thus removing an interesting part of the game.

007Farming and habalala like this.
  7. Solatido

Solatido Forum Master

I started doing this before taking a look at the requirements, assuming that they would be similar to previous intro of new breeding animal events. But these requirements are ridiculously high and I'm stopping the event. I regret even starting it!

I used to be anxious about doing every event, but have stopped falling into the trap of completing events that are clearly money grabbers for BP. Most players are willing to spend a reasonable amount of money when they are able, but not on this - high requirements with low-value prizes - No thank you!

1msech2006, Lyddy, 007Farming and 5 others like this.
  8. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Whoa, another superb, well executed event by the Game Team. Once again they managed to win the full 10 points for making it very easy for their players and clients to walk away from ~edit~ what they offered.

edit: moderator removed/replaced my argument. In the original message I used a single common word to express the two words worthless + nonsense.

9. 007Farming

007Farming Forum Ambassador

habalalaxDxDxDhas rendered me speechless with such eloquent forwardness...;)
    NOT liking the fact that I have enough coloured animals - cause I spent real money to get them- and now having to wait for the newly added "hand planes" to build the pinks I worked hard for. ~edit~ Well done BP...I think I need another couple of months vaycay from ya!
    Oh habalala I can't stop laughing;):):DxDxDxD
    EDIT: Not sure why I was edited?

1msech2006 and sanddollar15 like this.
  10. 1msech2006

1msech2006 Forum Inhabitant

Agree with other players posting here. Needed amounts of animals are crazy and rewards are not worth the effort to obtain them. IMO The cloud row is not worth the effort to obtain. The only rewards I will get from this event are the hamster wheels that I received during Baby Boom. I am sitting out this breeding event and hope that the next breeding event is better.

11. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I did this event because I wanted the pink pen. It is still cheaper than breeding for one. But there was zero fun in this event. The amounts were absurd, especially given that the hamster, while it has been around for a while, is not something everyone had in great quantities. Once again, I have to question whether the people who develop these events even PLAY this game enough to understand its workings. Make this game fun again, and you'll have people lining up to give you real money. Keep on with this stingy, greedy approach, and you'll keep losing players in droves.

Lyddy likes this.
  12. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.