Standalone and Unity

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by BonbonQueen, Dec 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonbonQueen

BonbonQueen Padavan

Hi, I am using the only entries allowed at the moment and I have a couple of comments.

The standalone opens way to small, and it cannot be expanded. The play screen is not as wide as an fingernail board is long, which means its height is even smaller. Will we have the option to expand the standalone screen so it can be seen and a finger can be used on a touchscreen computer?? What are all the pink places on the EP fields?? If you don't know where the arrow is to get off the field, a farmer is SOL. I tried once hitting where the button should be (and was able to get out), otherwise I would have been stuck.

Unity is definitely having problems opening and staying functional. Once frozen it just stays that way, you have to just x out to close. No close game. When I come back in the game is still just spinning, and spinning, and doesn't matter if I refreshed. I played on standalone until that froze and then came back into the browser to get the fields finished on Unity....before it froze again.

My understanding is flash is available until 11January. Is there some kind of test going on or is today limited trying to force people to download the standalone browser? I do not have an option noted for flash, I only have the new Unity or out to the standalone starting late last night.

It is frustrating when you hit your cloud with all the buffs and then the game takes too much time with all its little issues, and a farmer feels like they didn't get those extra buffs that only run for 5 or 10 minutes. I kind of looked around and I didn't see any warning about another test day schedule for the 17th-18th.

Tell me the word bird!

BonbonQueen

2. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Hello BonbonQueen :)

Instructions for zooming the Standalone Client are found in the FAQ.

I"m sorry for the difficulties staying connected in both the browser and standalone. We can pass that information on to the Team.

There was a sync today so perhaps try to clear your browser cache to see if that helps. You can also try a different browser as it does appear that players are having success with one browser better than another.

As announced here, you can continue to play in Flash up to 11 January. You will find the link to switch from Unity to Flash on the bottom right corner of your game frame.

May I assist you further?

3. BonbonQueen

BonbonQueen Padavan

Good deal. I will check out the zoom for the standalone.

If I am using the standalone, it does not require a browser, I jump in from the shortcut left on my home page, so it should not require a 'change in browser'. Correct?

I will check for flash at the bottom of the page v the top left corner.

BbQ

4. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

That is correct, to access the Standalone Client, you use the shortcut on the Desktop. You do not need Flash when using the Standalone Client.

Regards,
    shooger.sweet

5. BonbonQueen

BonbonQueen Padavan

Thank you. Happy farming. You may close this thread.

BbQ

6. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

On behalf of those that assisted, you are welcome.

~closing as requested~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.