Strategy Helpers' Day Off

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by illy1996, Nov 19, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Here goes with the number crunching, feel free to correct me if I have miscounted!

Requirements to complete:

79 Acorn Cookies (28,835 Sweet Macarons and 1,580 Chocolate Truffles)
    20,300 barn worth of Maple Leaves

For me, the crop requirement is just too high ... I think it would require all three fields to complete without coming back to the computer in the evening (which I attempt to avoid these days). :p
    The prizes on offer just do not ring my bell either so not worth that extra effort! -.-
    Good luck all those who participate. ;)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  2. farmer_broke

farmer_broke Commander of the Forum

illy-the Ladybug truly expresses my feelings far more eloquently than I have the capacity to dream of.

wishing everyone enjoyment while you engage in the junking dance See ya next junking event.

baw815, fun2farm, Sue46 and 11 others like this.
  3. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

Thanks Illy for the start! Despite this being just another insane requirements with poor rewards-event, feeling good today I looked for a few more details.

CR only:
    Main Bar = 12 steps = 80 Acorn Cookies needed.
    80 Acorn Cookies = 80 * 365 = 29.200 event crop + 80 * 20 = 1.600 event drop

Rewards provide 12 Old Maple Trees (max EV = 9.720)
    Completion allows to get the reward from Plie of Leaves #6 for any extra Acorn Cookie.

Givers Only:
    3 Pile of Leaves (#1, 2, 3) = 10.000 EV from Old Maple Tree

Old Maple Tree max EV = 810 each after max grow time
    -> minimum 13 Old Maple Trees needed (10.000 / 810)
    -> Pile of leaves #6 (1 Old Maple Tree for 1 Acorns Cookie) needs to be done at least once. This can only be done after getting the CR.

Min requirements for CR + Givers:
    81 Acorn Cookies = 29.565 event crop + 1.620 event drop
    12 Old Maple Trees harvested after max time (12 hrs) + 1 Old Maple Tree harvested after 6hr time (EV = 570).

I advise not to buy any Watering Spike and certainly not to waste a single Party Spin on trying to get it as there is no need at all to reduce the grow time of a single harvest tree. Simply collect 13 trees and have them out at least 12 hrs before event end and harvest in time.

Event runs for 7 days: 4225 event crop and 232 event drop per day will do the trick. Equal to 1410 1x1 plots with only CAC applied.
    Fully cleared fields = main 202, meadow 202, glade 184 = 588 1x1 plots -> 3 harvests per day should do the trick. That's after getting the fields filled!
    Possible extras to speed up/use less plots: harvest bonus, giver bonus, suzy super grow, super grow don't seem worth using or going after given the pretty lame prizes rewarded. Not even for a single Crate of Neon Stables. Sigh.

*edit*
    Found out Old Maple Trees (and its EV leaves) are offered in the special Farm Wheel events. Seems attractive but is quite misleading. When you're willing to use your tickets and are lucky and win one or more, it'll save *a very little* of event plant growing -365 to be precise- as it does not reward anything towards the 12 steps needed to get the CR.
    It might get you enough Old Maple Trees/leaves to do the fully optional Pile of Leaves #4 and #5.

If anyone goes for it: good luck!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

Thank you illy, and habalala, for all your hard work! I agree the number of crops needed IS foolish! I also don't think the CR is worth the time and effort it will take to grow that number. IF I do any of this event, I will only clear 1 land and get some of the
    Main progress bar done! I am still not sure what I will do! Good Luck and Happy Farming to all!;)

I have decided I am not doing this event...NO junking for me!;):music:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  5. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

For a limited time, the Farm Wheel focuses on Special items to compliment the Helpers' Day Off Event:

Farm Wheel Event I
    Starts: Wednesday, 20th of November at 14:00 CET (UTC+1)
    Ends:
    Thursday, 21st of November at 14:00 CET (UTC+1)
    Promo: news timer, event page

Farm Wheel Event II
    Starts: Tuesday, 26th of November at 14:00 CET (UTC+1)
    Ends:
    Thursday, 27th of November at 14:00 CET (UTC+1)
    Promo: news timer, event page

Farm Wheel
    Winnable: Old Maple Trees and Watering Spikes

[​IMG]

Party Wheel
    Winnable: Old Maple Trees, Watering Spikes and Maple Leaves

[​IMG]

Helpers' Farm Wheel Special

6. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

A lot of faff and bother for not much reward. No way are any of my farms doing this event.
    Thank you illy, habalala and OneTwo for the info
    Good luck to those participating:)

7. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

Thank you illy, habalala and 12ss12 for laying it all out so nicely. :)
    As a committed Event-er I will be doing this event, on at least 2 farms. May do Event Stickers for all.
    Happy Farming to All. :music:

8. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I have no shot at winning the cloud row, but I think I'll 'sort of' participate. I'll plant the macarons at night to get the EP, but not worry about making Acorn Cookies. Day times I'll stick to short-term food crops to keep the hungry animals on the main farm happy. :)

If I get lucky with drops I might make a cookie or two but I'm not going to put any effort into it. This time of year I need the game to be relaxing and not 'work'.

9. squigglegiggle

squigglegiggle Forum Overlooker

Too much for me to get my head around. I always look at the cloud row and regret not participating (if only to get rid of the hundreds of givers building up in my inventory), but it is simply too much too often. I will save my energy for the Christmas events and keep plodding along to build up my barn (somewhat depleted after it occurred to me that I could donate to all the menagerie etc. quests to reap the rewards - had previously been waiting until I had the actual buildings in my possession).

10. BlackCaviar

BlackCaviar Forum Overlooker

My strategy is to not do this event. On any of my four farms. I'm tired of events that offer less and less. I'm tired of "nesting doll" crates. This game has turned into a luck game instead of a strategy game.

11. -Mir85-

-Mir85- Living Forum Legend

I used 40-50 free green spins and got 13 old maple trees, enough to get several of the piles of leaves without growing any event crops. One of the rewards is a neon stable! :D That's just awesome :)

12. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

My free spins yielded 10 old maple trees and 9 spikes, and on AmySue52 it was 7 and 7.

13. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

I got 10 old maple, one gold leaf and one pike. I might have spun around 80 ordinary spin and 12 party spins. Also got +1 harvest for crops. I might not be able to fully use it. Its now 7.45 p.m here. So in few hrs it time to sleep.

Congrats Mir, for the neon pen.

14. habalala

habalala Emperor of the Forum

I did a total 50 free green spins and got 5 old maple trees and 3 spikes

15. Willow

Willow Commander of the Forum

60 free spins and 20 party spins; the result - 5 old maples and 9 water spikes. I get lots of spins from my crates, so it isn't as big a disappointment as for those who only have a few to use. Not a thrill though. Congrats to those who luckily got more.

16. rivak

rivak Forum Duke

I used 25 green spins and got 2 spikes, 2 maple trees and 2 truffles. Not a good payout. :(

17. fun2farm

fun2farm Forum Master

I always do my spins before actually harvesting my farm-because of the possibility of winning a Harvest increase....and wound up with 4 maple trees, one spike, and one gold leaf...so I planted the trees as 'fillers' for unused 1X1 spaces. Might as well make use of whatever opportunities 'Fall' into my lap (...so-to-speak!xD).

That is very interesting, Mir! These trees may be useful after all....especially if it means not growing crops.....
    ***Is it possible to "do" an Event "without really trying to "do" an Event"??!"***xDxD:p

18. FarmerMolly22

FarmerMolly22 Exceptional Talent

i have had maple tree harvest and they disappear? What? did they yield anything? I'm confused!!! (yet again) lol Molly

19. joanc123

joanc123 Forum Demigod

Yes Molly, harvest once and gone... You get 1 Maple Leaf. :p

The Old Maple Tree can be harvested at any time and rewards Maple Leaves depending on when harvested:

[​IMG]
    Harvested between 00:00 - 05:59:59 = 1 x Green Maple Leaf
    Equivalency Value: 300

[​IMG]
    Harvested between 06:00 - 11:59:59 = 1 x Gold Maple Leaf
    Equivalency Value: 570

[​IMG]
    Harvested between 12:00 - 12:00 = 1 x Red Maple Leaf
    Equivalency Value: 810

The Tree can only be harvested once. Once harvested, the tree is deleted permanently.

20. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

According to FAQ they are only harvestable once. Hence why they disappear.

Sue46, fun2farm, sanddollar15 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.