Strategy Nether World Saga

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by illy1996, Oct 13, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

FAQs Nether World Saga
    This event resembles the "Pearl" event we did a while ago. :eek:

We collect items from other events, the first starting at the same time as this one, tomorrow (14h00 CET). It does continue until 3 November so maybe not so bad. :oops:

For each related event, we need to collect the five associated tokens and 35 Dark Crystals. :music:

We get the Dark Crystals by playing a mini game using a Witch's Brew, the first being obtained by donating a Goose :).
    I see seven Witch's Brews in the prizes, two from tokens awarded in each event plus the Goose. :)

Once you have opened the special tile with a Goose, this will set off a timer and you can collect another Witch's Brew every 23 hours. :wuerg:

Of course, as you get more Witch's Brews thus more timers, then you can play more mini games. The mini games are very much like Ingrid's axe throwing game - which I do enjoy - and depending how well you construct your "staff", you get more (or less!) Boxes of Dark Crystals. :p
    Hope you're all keeping up! I thought this was the easiest one to describe! xD

Boxes of Dark Crystals can give many random prizes and amongst them is a Dark Crystal (law of averages, 33 prizes, 1 in 33 chance of getting a Dark Crystal!). -.-

For the first part we need to collect the Plane Tokens given in the Midnight Race event.8)

Edit: Following Dumbunny's post, I have adjusted my comments about obtaining Plane tokens and included the line from the FAQs: Midnight Race:

You need to use the Luminous Fuel XXL to receive the exact amount of Plane Tokens needed to open all the tiles for Plane Tokens in the Nether World Saga!

But, no crops to grow, no drops to wait for, no milling so I will give it a go and not stress if those Dark Crystals prove to be as elusive as the Pearls. :inlove:

Good luck all and don't forget to donate that Goose to get the ball rolling! ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  2. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Illy, thanks for starting the thread! It does say in the FAQ for the Midnight Race event that we MUST use the XXL Fuel to collect ENOUGH Plane Tokens to complete the Plane Token portion of the Nether World Saga. So I think we need to plan our racing VERY strategically - and have at least 3 XXL Fuels - 1 each for races 1, 3 and 5 - for the steps where we receive the plane tokens.

3. illy1996

Absolutely right, Dumbunny, I got caught up thinking about Witch's Brews! My post has been adjusted accordingly! ;)

4. desi20

desi20 Forum Pro

We get 3 plane tokens in Midnight Race and need 5 tokens in Nether World Saga so only have to make 2 XXL Biofuel to get the extra tokens. Will save on crops for the other fuel.

5. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

o_Oo it seems a little harder than the fishing/pearl event. At least you had a little bit of control of what you got on that one.
    Seeing as we need 35 dark crystals to get both cloud rows and Giver item I would like to think the odds are a little better than 1 in 33.

6. illy1996

I'm not so sure we had that much control on the fishing/pearl event - we still were relying on the randomness of getting enough pearls. I am hoping that our chances are greater than one in 33 but there are 33 prizes and only one is the Dark Crystal. :wuerg:

7. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

We all just have to channel our inner David Bowie, cross our fingers and, um, oh I'm not sure... I honestly didn't have a "pearl problem" last time around - in fact, at the end, I had excess pearls on both this farm and SL's.

Dark Crystals for this one and there's an "Eldritch" event coming up...someone at BP likes Philip K. Dick? I wonder if Perky Pat will make an appearance?

8. -Päärynä11

-Päärynä11 Count Count

Do not forget to click Use-button after donation to get first brew immediately, you do not have to wait for it 23 hours!

9. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Okay, all three of my farms that are participating now have played several rounds (there may have been some moolah spent on small baskets). So things I can tell you - I'm using the same strategy I use on all the other Ingrid games - the warbling and the axe throwing. (and yes, I'm very thankful for no warbling).

So the absolute best advice I can give you is this: save up those dark crystal crates! Don't open just one or two - wait until you have at least ten, or more if you can stand it (I know, we're like kids on Christmas morning). I got 6 crystals on this farm, 11 on SL's and 6 on PM23's. Minimum opened was 10 on PM23's. Over 50 on SL's... so the trick is to have multiples to open. I don't know why this works, I just know it does.

10. illy1996

I couldn't wait - I won three boxes and one of those was a Dark Crystal so I'm pretty happy with that. I didn't have trouble with the Pearls in the last game but at first it seemed a little iffy! :p

Thinking over my cunning plan to take it nice and easy on the Midnight Race, mill all at once, has one vital flaw. I won't get other Witch's Brews until nearly the end of the event! Silly Illy! xD

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  11. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

Only 2 of the 15 boxes are dark crystals.:(
    Excellent !!!!>:(

12. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I got 11 crates and in them were 3 Dark Crystals!;) I am on my way! :D Good Luck everyone!

13. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

oh no! That's rotten luck, imalattanhalka. Maybe the next batch you'll get more. Sometimes the crates can be very stingy with the things we need the most. I save mine up hoping for tons of certain goodies, and somehow the game knows this and... denied.

I once opened over 300 CC crates and got about 3 million coins. I didn't even think that was possible. Sometimes I open just 100 of them and get 20 or 30 million...so there it is - the curse of the crates.

14. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

Total 20 boxes = 2 dark crystals:(:cry:

15. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

10 boxes = Zero Dark Crystals.

16. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

xDxD oh @dumbunny, I am sitting here laughing with I don't know how to describe it, lunacy at myself I guess, about your comments about 500 Cloud Rows and 300CC crates and I start laughing. I can't stop (Ok I have been awake 20 mins and no coffee yet an am still exhausted). I have 39 Cloud Rows and 0 CC crates xDxDxDxD. God my eyes are watering xD

What thread are we on? Oh yeh, I still have 2 dark crystals. Got a 4th level 3 crate win which all gave EP. Just opened 13 crates for an historic 1 dark crystal.

I'm sorry farmerumf, I'm sure they will come.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  17. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

Very very Good Advice Illy!! Keep up this Astonishingly good Advice!!:inlove:

18. illy1996

I would like to take the credit, Davidbl1th0, but I pinched this particular gem (pun intended) from Dumbunny! So kudos goes to her. :inlove:

19. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Oh I might be smart some days, but most days I have to write myself notes to remember to collect the witch's brews at the same time every day.

In fact, that's why I popped in - I used tokens to open the second brew giver hexagon last night. Then I realized that if I harvested it just then, the two hex's wouldn't be harvestable at the same time, so I left it. Harvested it this morning so I can keep them all together. So more, um, 'sage' wisdom from me, or not. I am after all, the 'dumbunny'.

PS: The 500 CRs and 300 CC crates thing - that's Sewinglady's farm - and that's why I've tried so hard to save it. It is, as I call it, my "rich farm"... And BFG's financial troubles are threatening it. Anyway, I'm still here. I'm still farming and the best thing I can say about that is this: every day I'm on this side of the dirt is a good day. So every day, I get dressed and tell my grandmother that today is a good day, so I'm wearing the good clothes, and the good jewelry, etc. She had a habit of "saving things for good"...and when she passed away (14 years ago), we found things dating back to the 1930's - new, with tags, never worn, never taken out of their packages. She saved them for "good" and apparently "good" never came. So don't wait. Today is a good day...spend it farming or doing whatever makes you happy!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  20. Wishinonehand

Wishinonehand Someday Author

*sigh* Managed to collect 4 crates so far... no dark crystals. The event will be over before I even get one, probably. That's how this sort of thing usually goes. Sometimes I wish I had money so I could buy some help to actually finish an event. Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.