The Fungi Farm - Strategy

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by 12ss12, Mar 10, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12ss12

12ss12 Living Forum Legend

The Fungi Farm
    The Fungi Farm
    Caution :- No Crafting Buff effects the event plants (Pumpkin jam, Carrot-apple chutney or Crop Buffs won on the Farmwheel).
    Only EP Buffs effect this playfield and the Busy Worker Ant.

Total Event Requirements

3990 Sweet Root - can be grown only in the event area
    2790 Cultivated Fungus - can be grown only in the event area
    1240 Water Drops (Drop item) - Can get these drops from trees in Magical glade & Rainforest only.

It is best to fill the side bars first and then do the middle one.

Barn requirements :
    400 corn
    500 tomatoes
    300 sugarbeet
    45 truffles
    70 honey

200 apples
    200 plums
    300 pears
    400 dates
    500 olives

farmlily3, Willow, AniE and 10 others like this.
  2. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

Thanks for starting the thread One-Two. ;)

I will do what I can but those requirements are really high for the event field but it is a longer event so we shall see. I will definitely do the parts that don't need event crops and drops and see how I go from there. :p
    Good luck all ... at least we are using the event field - I just hope I remember to harvest it! xD

3. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

o_Ops - totally unprepared for this event. I have no idea why but I thought the breeding event was the only one running. Never mind.
    Thanks One-two for starting the thread. Without it I would never have realised xDxD

farmlily3, Willow, 12ss12 and 2 others like this.
  4. cats50

cats50 Regular

since not buffs work isn't this one best using 2 x 2 plots for most? I can never remember as we use this so little

farmlily3, dumbunny and 12ss12 like this.
  5. illy1996

Am I the only one waiting for my seeds to show up? This seems to happen every time a new event starts! >:(

Okay, ignore my little rant ... the seeds need to be harvested! DOH! Read the FAQs illy! xD

6. imalattanhalka

imalattanhalka Forum Expert

This is the first time I've seen the event area. How is the most accurate layout of this area?

farmlily3 and 12ss12 like this.
  7. 12ss12

Yes. Its best to use 2x2 layout.

8. spotsbox

spotsbox Forum Demigod

This is why I love turbo mulch. :inlove: We don't get much call for our trees anymore (other than feeds), so events like this let me put out trees I am running low on fruits for, without feeling like I'm using space I need more for other things. We used to get events like this, requiring trees and stables, quite often, but not so much anymore. XXL trees and TM get reasonable drops. I got 76 water droplets from magic meadow, and a bit over 100 from rainforest, so not a bad start, I think. I have a love hate relationship with the event field. I love that we grow the event plants on it, leaving our regular fields open for other things(right now I'm growing cows and sheep, which I've allowed to get desperately low in my barn :p). But I hate the slow growing time and no buffs. I admit it, I'm a bear who hates waiting for things to grow, I just want them done already! :wuerg:xD But, as I've a ton of things to do this week, hopefully the slower pace will be a boon rather than an annoyance.

Don't forget to take the survey in the news feed, everyone! It's a chance to make your opinion known, sort of. It would be nicer if they gave us an opportunity to actually provide our thoughts, but the questions are mostly relevant, I felt. And yes, I know there's the forum threads to provide feedback, but the survey is supposedly anonymous, and not everyone's comfortable posting in the forum. Anyway, it's easy, and only takes a few minutes (less than 10), and we can't expect change if we aren't willing to ask for it.

Happy farming everyone, enjoy the event, or the downtime if you're not participating! :)

farmlily3, Willow, alpenliebe and 4 others like this.
  9. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

I agree spotsbox, I love using the "Event Field for crops" BUT HATE the fact that not even CAC works there!:cry: and it takes forever to get your crops grown!:oops: I am doing the event and just hope I get the drops I need to get it done! Good luck everyone!

farmlily3, trishap58, 12ss12 and 2 others like this.
  10. baw815

baw815 Forum General

Can we say grass grow? I swear this is like watching grass grow . . . :p xD

farmlily3, spotsbox, Sue46 and 6 others like this.
  11. ç.çiftçi

ç.çiftçi Forum Great Master

I don't even have a single drop, I wonder why

Last edited by moderator: Mar 10, 2021
    farmlily3 and 12ss12 like this.
  12. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

Trees! You have to have a lot of trees (and I mean like at least half a field covered in assorted trees). Now is the time to haul out the ones you don't have XXL's for because the longer it takes to mature, the better the chance that the tree will drop a "drop"...

You can only get the harvest time shortener buff by buying the most expensive basket - which you can only buy once and you only get one in the basket. I do not know how long the duration of that buff is as none of my farms are splurging on that basket.

That said - do what you can, reap what rewards you can - it doesn't affect our other fields (well, except for the tree thing). Runs 13 days. Grow grow grow. Throw throw throw.

farmlily3, spotsbox, Sue46 and 2 others like this.
  13. 12ss12

You get them by harvesting trees in magical glade and rainforest.

14. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Using 2x2 wont give you any extra seeds, it will just reduce your water and manure usage.

farmlily3, Sue46 and sanddollar15 like this.
  15. illy1996

I'm happy I have done the first two parts of this event ... the easy bits! I got my first Rainbow Eucalyptus Tree! Wahoo! :inlove::music::inlove:

farmlily3, spotsbox, Sue46 and 9 others like this.
  16. dumbunny

dumbunny Forum General

c.ciftci: if you're still not seeing drops when you harvest the magical glade and rainforest, check the little list at the bottom center of the screen - sometimes they don't show up on that sidebar - or the count there is way less than the actual number you receive. The accurate number is in that pull-up screen. Alternately, you can also poke the event playfield and you should see the number of drops you have if you access the event window.

17. upa70

upa70 Forum Expert

according to the maths, which ever way you arrange your fields 2x2 1x1 2x1 the sums come back the same - 158 harvest profit due to the lack of any buffs or crop enhancements.
    done a field of 1x1 =158 profit (158 single fields)
    done a field of 2x2 +1x1 = 158 profit (31 2x2 + 34 1x1 fields) 31 2x2 fields is the max you can squeeze into the playing area
    good luck all.

farmlily3, spotsbox, Sue46 and 4 others like this.
  18. Noelle20001

Noelle20001 Forum Duke

The benefit to using 2x2 is that you use less seeds and can hand harvest easier.
    1 seed for one 2x2 or 2 seeds for two 1x2 or 4 seeds for four 1x1.

farmlily3, spotsbox, Sue46 and 2 others like this.
  19. davidb1yth007

davidb1yth007 Forum Overlooker

I am going to put trees on all my fields, and am going to use those tree only buffs that have stacked up over time. It is impressive how quickly tree fruits accumulate even with only two harvests per day,
    (or three with apples)
    Edit: I find it calmingly therapeutic, watching the ants... there is one which enters alone from the right, and when (s)he blends into traffic, (s)he tries to overtake, fails, and 'drifts' on the last corner!
    I am going outside, now to watch my tomatoes grow....xD

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    farmlily3, spotsbox, Sue46 and 4 others like this.
  20. illy1996

The other advantage of using less plots is that you use less water and manure. :)

I messed up yesterday and donated all the wrong crop - I thought I had planted more Sweet Roots already. But, as this event goes on for longer than usual and there are two event crops, it doesn't matter. As long as all my plots are planted! xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.