Feedback The Great Breakout II

Discussion in 'Everything else Archive' started by shooger.sweet, Aug 26, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooger.sweet

shooger.sweet Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Howdy Farmers,

mazeaug2020_news.png

Please post your constructive comments, positive and negative, regarding the "The Great Breakout II" Event in this Feedback thread. We are looking forward to capturing your initial reaction to the event, as well as the final opinion after participating in the event.

Please be sure to bring arguments for supporting your statements, simple comments saying you like it or hate it will not help the Team understand what goes great, and what needs to be looked into, when planning future events.

The FAQ of the Event can be found here. If you have any questions, please use the General Issues section or the Technical Issues section for technical problems - this thread is for feedback only. Thank you for understanding.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

2. ctindaldavies

ctindaldavies Forum Baron

Terrible drop rate. It's the waterski event all over again. Can grow the crops but not get the drops. Again. I don't know how on earth you can call this a medium event.
    I have 3 x howies I move around. Trophy rune is sitting on 29/30. I have completed 15 mini maze games and am sitting here with 2000 fruit cake and 2722 blue prints, all of which are useless because I have 26 files. 26! I only got half way through the waterski event, and I worked hard and paid real money. The only thing that stopped me progressing on that game was the lack of drops. Seems we are here again.
    Mini game is easy enough.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    farmlily3, VLINDER, Laurelei and 7 others like this.
  3. farmerumf

farmerumf Forum Ambassador

I love this game if only I could get the drops to match the crops. Please increase the drop rate.

farmlily3, VLINDER, Laurelei and 11 others like this.
  4. sanddollar15

sanddollar15 Living Forum Legend

This is a fun event and I do like the prizes BUT the drop rate is just awful! It would be nice if the drops were better matched with the crops we are growing! An increase would be nice!:p

farmlily3, VLINDER, Laurelei and 8 others like this.
  5. Cassie101

Cassie101 Emperor of the Forum

The drop rate really spoils the event, :( It is abysmal, please ask for the drop rate to be increased.

6. jnnythct

jnnythct Junior Expert

One of the things I really like about this game is that most of the events are about perseverance - if I'm willing to put in the effort, I can get the rewards I'm working for (very much like real life really). What changes this are events that are outside of my control - in many events this is relying on drop items.
    I understand that if drops do not meet the needs of players, the idea is for us to buy the drop item from the shop - but don't you think that you might be alienating your players this way? Many people, like me, have played this game for a long time because it suits them psychologically and, as you can see from the comments above, this is grating on us. When the game becomes more of an irritant than a pleasure, we will cease playing. I know this game is not run on charity but I will pay to play when I feel good about a game and not when I feel I am being manipulated. On this basis, the game owners are long overdue for a re-think on their strategy.

Jnnythct Farm level 219

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    piskica, joanc123, Sue46 and 11 others like this.
  7. -matselleste-

-matselleste- Forum Duke

I love this mini-game. Anything featuring Greed E. Weasel is a favorite of mine. I like that the two crops are the same length. I like that one crop requirement is higher than the other, thus requiring some simple strategy. And thank you very, very much for making this minigame not timed. That makes it much more fun. I don't like that, once again, we can only mill in the main mill - that just makes things overly complicated. I actually hate any milling requirement for events - the mill is to feed our animals or for some of us, to make PF, and having to stop it for event periods is disrupting. It was much better when we could choose which mill to use. I agree with the above post about alienating player. Personally, I am not having any trouble with the drops, they are keeping up nicely with my crops, but as I have said many, many times, the use of 1x1, thus pretty much requiring the harvester, with as many fields as we have, should not be NECESSARY for completion of events. Those of us who choose to have the harvester, and thus can more easily utilize the 1x1 format, should have an edge, but it should not be a requirement. It is user unfriendly and, as evidenced by both the feedback thread and the lack of posting in the forums, has caused players to leave the game in droves. I used to spend a lot more money on the game, because it enhanced my gameplay. As it has come to be expected, I have slowly given up all but my harvester, because without it I will not play the game, as I don't have hours to spend clicking. Just make it so the game can be completed, using the entire time frame, without the use of 1x1 or buying drops, and the enthusiasm of players will climb back up, which will, in turn, benefit the bottom line.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    joanc123, Sue46, farmlily3 and 5 others like this.
  8. aslan64

aslan64 Forum Apprentice

Have given up on this, the drop rate abysmal got thousands of crops but get enough drop rate to complete one mill production per harvest ??? , from a LONG term player with all the boosts , Sorry Team, but if money that tight us old timers not interested , for what , ANOTHER Cloud row, with Fertizer or something ? You guys done well with adding extra blanks to Cloud rows to get rid of excessive giver items, BUT really considering is this worth my time, But Hey you got the new Era coming through , SO Milk Them , No Pun intended Happy Farming Peeps ☘

9. illy1996

illy1996 Living Forum Legend

I am enjoying the mini-game and the prizes along the way are okay but I totally agree with everyone here, the drop rate is abysmal. :wuerg:

joanc123, Sue46, sanddollar15 and 5 others like this.
  10. Laurelei

Laurelei Forum Great Master

Terrible drop rate, I 100% agree with the player who said they spend a lot less money on this game now. I am the same. I used to buy everything, spent real money because I enjoyed the game format and events and appreciated the efforts of the devs and now everything just feels greedy, grabby and manipulative so I have scaled back spending accordingly. I also hate milling items for events and I especially hate that the baha mill is not allowed for milling event items which also feels like a manipulative way to interrupt our ability to mill PF.

joanc123, Sue46, Cassie101 and 6 others like this.
  11. jäniksenpelätti

jäniksenpelätti Forum Expert

The drop rate makes it pretty impossible to complete without lots of supergrow. I had enough to get the cloud row but I didn't think the rest of the prizes were worth wasting SG. I would like to get the neon stables but won't miss the decorative items that would just go into the storage anyway.

I bought event items from the shop once when I was just missing a few from completing the event and the main prize was something I really wanted. But there's no way I would ever consider buying the baskets in an event like this if I needed several hundreds of drops and one basket wouldn't even be enough.

joanc123, Sue46, Cassie101 and 4 others like this.
  12. farmlily3

farmlily3 Forum Freak

8) As a loooong time player I can verify the truth of what the 'many' have said above....as I have, after many years, almost completely stopped doing events.
    I grow the event crops on whatever cropland I already have available (for the ep's & cc's) and skip the rest.
    Occasionally, if there is something I particularly would like to have, I may do a few rounds without spending RM$ any longer.

Annnnd...as it turns out...*I actually spend more$$ just doing regular farming and enjoying the 'benefits' of other things unrelated to Events*.
    But, of course, I'm no longer playing as much as before the 'money grabbing' started in earnest for the Events.

And the BEST thing?........Stress levels have gone waaay down!!!:D (I loooove my farm!:inlove:)

Happy FARMing everyone!!:music::inlove::inlove:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  13. madbs64

madbs64 Forum Apprentice

XXX If I Didn't Laugh would think the Tech who dreamt up the drop rate for this was smoking some special Farm produce we don't have,
    Bless you farmerama , may your crops wither and so will your funds, you are milking an old sow , mayb someone who cares in management MIGHT want to think of new strategy for engaging with the players ????? Happy farming everyone, forget the events

14. nm561

nm561 Forum Mogul

The gifts were nice but when there are log in problems during an event I think that the event should be extended or the requirements lowered automatically for the amount of time that was lost due to the problem.

Drop rate is terrible so I went for the pens.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  15. tlcsquared

tlcsquared Padavan

The drop rate was terrible making it hard to get far without overnighting the high value crops. If it weren't for that, I would have loved this event, as I thoroughly enjoy the puzzle games.

Cassie101 and joanc123 like this.
  16. Farmers.Almanac

Farmers.Almanac Board Administrator Team Farmerama EN

Greetings lovely farmers,

Thank you for all the feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts so we can pass it along to the Game Team.

Closing thread.

Best regards,
    Your Farmerama Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.